Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
    This guy looks like one of the Drow from D&D.
    nuada could be based on that, I don't know. he and the drow are both elves.

*edit
    I just noticed this is post 10 000.

Comment

LOL--Wouldn't it be lovely to have a WDC Martini Party? Oooo that would be so awesome. Since we live on different continents how would that be possible? I'm loving this idea. Hey maybe we could come up with a wraithie martini? Let's see...how to make a wraith martini? vermouth, green crème de menthe, a quick dash of cointreau and garnish it with chocolate vermicelli and maraschino cherries--Yea! I'm going to make one take a picture of it and post it. Hey why don't we make one and dedicated it to the wraith at SG? This is our "wraith martini"?

WK
      I love the idea! A smooth, Wraith martini! How about if we freeze the marachino cherry in an ice cube--kind of the hibernation theme here--with a green, translucent stick and put it in like that? Now that would be... well... very Wraith somehow. BTW, did I see somewhere green maraschino cherries? Or am I dreaming here? Off to Amazon.com to see...

Back.

Nope. No green cherries. But.. but.. I did see, ay, chihuahua, little jalapeno pepers with stuffing. Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

But, on second thought--I like the maraschino cherry better.
      HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

LOL--Wouldn't it be lovely to have a WDC Martini Party? Oooo that would be so awesome. Since we live on different continents how would that be possible? I'm loving this idea. Hey maybe we could come up with a wraithie martini? Let's see...how to make a wraith martini? vermouth, green crème de menthe, a quick dash of cointreau and garnish it with chocolate vermicelli and maraschino cherries--Yea! I'm going to make one take a picture of it and post it. Hey why don't we make one and dedicated it to the wraith at SG? This is our "wraith martini"?

WK
        Oh, I forgot! And once it has been tested for... ahem... whatever... we can post it on JM's blog for him to try, or they can try during one of their after shoot parties or something. From the fans to the Wraiths!
        HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

More Tyler Wratih pics at JM's blog I can't post 'em 'cause of dial up...

He's a lovely boy - with very skinny bug legs...

And congrats!!! We've topped 10k!!!

das
          sigpic

Comment

new pictures from JM's blog.

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...6/dsc08660.jpg I can't tell who that is... carson?
            http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...6/dsc08634.jpg
            http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...6/dsc08630.jpg
            http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...6/dsc08686.jpg wraith weapon?
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 23 June 2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I was just looking at pictures of the Defiant One yesterday--good looking wraith, albeit evil to the core. You know I'm thinking, if he were just humble, asked for their help and didn't try to kill Shep's team they probably would have gotten him off the planet. But he thought he was better than them and tried take off with their ship--silly wraith.
              I doubt Sheppard would have let him go. They would have either captured him or boldly killed him. Moreover, the wraith had probably lost his mind long ago, being alone on this desert planet for millenniums. All he now knew was survival and the very strength that had allowed him to live for so long prevented him to plead for help.

About feeding hands: Right hand only or both?
              Originally posted by MCH View Post
              No only on the right hand usually protected by the finger guards.
              Aha, is that what the blue things we see on their fingers are for: They extend to protect the feeding organ? But haven't we seen wraith "eat" without removing them?

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
              Spoiler:
              I'm not so sure it is just the right hand, although many people say it is. I mentioned before about one of Ford's men cutting into the left arm of a captured Wraith warrior, which was thought to be mistake. But then I noticed in The Hive, the Queen draws back her left hand to feed on Sheppard before the alarm goes off....I'm open to the idea that either they have slits on both hands, or that left-handed Wraith exist. I prefer the latter.
              Hmmm, interesting idea.

I was also thinking of a good sense of humour.
              I imagine villains redeem themselves, no matter how evil, when they demonstrate characteristics we admire: courage, decisiveness, humour, boldness, charisma--these are "classical hero qualities" listed in the "good-guy" column, but are mesmerising to watch in the bad guy--mixes up my world view: how can I possibly love and admire the bad guy? I think it is because they have "real" heroic virtues.
              Bad guys I love to watch:
              The Joker--intelligent, outrageously bold, daring and wickedly funny
              The Keeper (The Rising Part II)intelligent, beautiful, sensual, commanding, confident and charming
              Alan Rickman's Sheirff of Nottingham: intelligent, wickedly funny, intelligent, decisive
              Saruman: intelligent, charming, wise, commanding.

So, I think that good bad guys, are mostly evil; but just mostly.
              I think we all like interesting characters, whether they are good or evil. These quality we normally admire in good guys render bad guys more interesting, and more challenging too. Double benefit!

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              The wraith stunners look very "plastic fake guns for kids" on this closeup.
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

I haven't been here for a couple of days and things just keep moving on. You can't keep good Wraith Worshippers down in the WDC. First off:

@ Shanthaia: congratulation on your 10.000 post.

@Wraithlord: I love your Gregg siggy

@Traveler64: Your Todd, Rodney Shanthaia skit shakes hand with the Wraith just give me a pair of gloves but, I don't think the Wraith can suck the life out of your hand.

@Degilwen: Love your party song with all of dancing, swooning, jumping up and down and, shaking our hips to 'Let's do the time warp dance" or now I have this other 70's disco song playing in my head 'Shake your boody"

@Wraith Cake: A Wraith martini , I love the idea. When you concoct the martini send it to JM' blog.

@ das: I too think Greg is better looking than the uber Morloc, FYI Morlocs consumed humans. and, finally.

@ Traveler 64: You did a Todd painting a few post back the one were CH was reading his script beautiful.

Just another thing CONGRATULATIONS ! on our 500 page. WAY TO GO!

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                  I doubt Sheppard would have let him go. They would have either captured him or boldly killed him. Moreover, the wraith had probably lost his mind long ago, being alone on this desert planet for millenniums. All he now knew was survival and the very strength that had allowed him to live for so long prevented him to plead for help.
                  I agree with you LD, Sheppard would not have let Greg go and he would have consume Sheppard any ways. Greg from The Defiant One, would have consume Sheppard and his team. He was more feral than say Steve.

LS

I think we all like interesting characters, whether they are good or evil. These quality we normally admire in good guys render bad guys more interesting, and more challenging too. Double benefit!
                  I too, like interesting characters that is why I find the Wraith more fascinating than the Atlantis team. I find Todd to be kind of a 'anti hero'

LS

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                    I agree with you LD, Sheppard would not have let Greg go and he would have consume Sheppard any ways. Greg from The Defiant One, would have consume Sheppard and his team. He was more feral than say Steve.
                    Absolutely. I'm not even sure he could have fit in the wraith society again, would he have succeeded in escaping the planet. The other wraith would probably have killed him.

I too, like interesting characters that is why I find the Wraith more fascinating than the Atlantis team. I find Todd to be kind of a 'anti hero'
                    Unfortunately, we haven't seen him much since "Be All My Sins Remebere'd" (not enough to my taste, at least ). But I agree, with his now strong will and his intelligence, and still being a full-part wraith, he could fit pretty well as a anti-hero.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      nuada could be based on that, I don't know. he and the drow are both elves.

*edit
                      I just noticed this is post 10 000.
                      It pops up as 10,001 on here.

I thought about Carson too, first, but then... Maybe it's Joe M?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler64 View Post
                        I love the idea! A smooth, Wraith martini! How about if we freeze the marachino cherry in an ice cube--kind of the hibernation theme here--with a green, translucent stick and put it in like that? Now that would be... well... very Wraith somehow. BTW, did I see somewhere green maraschino cherries? Or am I dreaming here? Off to Amazon.com to see...

Back.

Nope. No green cherries. But.. but.. I did see, ay, chihuahua, little jalapeno pepers with stuffing. Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

But, on second thought--I like the maraschino cherry better.
                        You can get green maraschino cherries--I don't think it's a natural green, but my mother and I use to buy them when we would make Christmas cake together. Hmmm...now you've got me wondering if we bought whole ones or just the bits? I know I've seen them...I think? But putting a cherry in an ice cube--that's a great idea. I have to go to a work/lunch/party today, then I'm going to go get the ingredients for a wraith martini--I'll look for green maraschino cherries. Yea Wraith!!!

WK
                        "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

OT Cherries

Spoiler:
                          I've seen the green maraschino cherries, whole ones too, not just the chopped bits. Also the usual red ones, and yellow ones I think.

http://www.vinetreeorchards.com/greencandicherries.htm

Blasted computer double posted.
                          Last edited by toomuchcaf; 24 June 2008, 05:55 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Probaly OT:

Spoiler:
                            Hello everyone

I am off to Vancouver to be closer to Todd
                            I have no idea how the internet aranegments are there - so I may not be able to come here for 8 month - or maybe I am back in 3 days

If I can't come back in a long time - I wish you all the best - I will miss you great people!

reading 8 months of posts - I better find a way to come back quickly....

sigpic

Comment

Shanthaia

That had better be the 3 day option then!

Good luck anyway!

An on a different note, don't forget to vote for your Queens! Here

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Absolutely. I'm not even sure he could have fit in the wraith society again, would he have succeeded in escaping the planet. The other wraith would probably have killed him.
                                I think you're right, I hadn't thought about how rangy he would have been. Though, I don't think he was alone for all that time. The warrior wraith Rodney found, hadn't been fed on too too long ago, and he did mention that the human cargo was kept alive in I think he said stasis pods? for a long time. But, killing everyone on his ship, including his fellow wraith would obviously make him one crazy m... marmoset
                                Spoiler:

WK
                                "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X