Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
    Spoiler:
    No, I cannot afford a tablet, they're drawn with a Parker Pen freehand in ink first the outlines, with me keeping on looking up at the computer screen for the subject and then coloured in with, erm, colouring pencils...although I believe elsewhere they may be called colouring crayons. After that's done I re-do the ink over the top of the colours and scan it in, cut it down to size, shrink it a bit and upload it The coloured paper that was bought for me to doodle on is often too dark to do pencil lines first, so I have to decide quickly where I want things, and if they're not right then it's tough because I can't get the ink out again...hence why my first drawing of Todd will not see these boards

The first one is done in my usual style of keeping on layering the shading over and over, but I don't think it suits the Wraith face very well, and prefer the second with the shading being minimal - for me, anyway.

I will most likely do more, as I think I need to practice the Wraithy face and it's good for me to draw expressions as I'm not good at recognising them. Also they give me something to do at 4-6am in the morning
    Spoiler:
    what are you doing up at 4am in the morning, Veldt

Anyhow I like your drawings very much

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
      Spoiler:
      what are you doing up at 4am in the morning, Veldt

Anyhow I like your drawings very much
      OT:

Spoiler:
      As is common with AS, I have sleeping problems (according to other people). Sometimes I sleep for 4 hours at a time twice a "day" (24 hours), often at times which the rest of society deem inconvenient, at other times I sleep for 10-15 hours at once....also at "odd" times. It may explain why my posting on this board is somewhat erratic and not restricted to any one time

Something which also may affect my posting is my sometimes excessive formality in speech, and the....not sure how it's called. Perhaps the wording of what I am trying to say may seem strange to some people. I am also sensitive to some things.
      sigpic

Comment

I used to be a nursery nurse of under 5's the young are great copiers of people around them.
        The young Wraith would have quickly learnt once they rejoined the hive how to please the older Wraith and how they where expected to behave. Any sign of weakness by one of the newer members to a hive, for that individual the "pack or hive" could pretty quickly hand out punishment or if the individual where seen to be weak or non conformist, then death could be their fate. "Waste not want not" or maybe that should be "Want not waste not" So they learnt pretty quickly to show no weakness, no sorrow, to not give any value to or treating as an equal any human (apart from as a source of food).
        If Ellie had rejoined a hive I don't think that she would have survivied very long as a queen so long as she retained the feelings and guilt she had about her father. It certainly is a "Kill or be Killed" society.

MCH
        Last edited by MCH; 15 June 2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: Me grammer.
        sigpic
        Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Veldt
          Spoiler:
          No, I cannot afford a tablet, they're drawn with a Parker Pen freehand in ink first the outlines, with me keeping on looking up at the computer screen for the subject and then coloured in with, erm, colouring pencils...although I believe elsewhere they may be called colouring crayons. After that's done I re-do the ink over the top of the colours and scan it in, cut it down to size, shrink it a bit and upload it The coloured paper that was bought for me to doodle on is often too dark to do pencil lines first, so I have to decide quickly where I want things, and if they're not right then it's tough because I can't get the ink out again...hence why my first drawing of Todd will not see these boards

The first one is done in my usual style of keeping on layering the shading over and over, but I don't think it suits the Wraith face very well, and prefer the second with the shading being minimal - for me, anyway.

I will most likely do more, as I think I need to practice the Wraithy face and it's good for me to draw expressions as I'm not good at recognising them. Also they give me something to do at 4-6am in the morning

Veldt,don't matter how you do your pictures or at what time, they show great promise,we all work with the tools and the time we've got. Just make sure please to show all of us. Going to Galleries (and I visited a far few galleries) is expensive, here I get to see lovely lovely art work on one of my favorate subject
          and all it costs is my time. Love it. Thank you for sharing

Spoiler:

As is common with AS, I have sleeping problems (according to other people). Sometimes I sleep for 4 hours at a time twice a "day" (24 hours), often at times which the rest of society deem inconvenient, at other times I sleep for 10-15 hours at once....also at "odd" times. It may explain why my posting on this board is somewhat erratic and not restricted to any one time

Something which also may affect my posting is my sometimes excessive formality in speech, and the....not sure how it's called. Perhaps the wording of what I am trying to say may seem strange to some people. I am also sensitive to some things.

OT for Veldt
          Spoiler:

I found this quote on a card which had a picture of a cat sitting in front of a computer with it's paws on the key board. The card said

"On the internet no one knows your a cat"

Unless you tell someone something about yourself nobody know who you are. I'm dyslexic;- it influence to a degrees who I am, and how I see the world and how I communicate back to people, but I am me there is only one of me.

You are Veldt and a unique person, who can draw, I can't, but I can admire and comment. Enjoy your drawing skills and when you are ready we can enjoy your art as well.

MCH
          Last edited by MCH; 15 June 2008, 09:53 AM. Reason: The usual reason spelling again
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Shanthaia asked me to visit this club. My favoritue Wraith is Todd, but I like Andee Frizzell too. Her best performance was in SOW. I loved her scenes with Teyla.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

a very warm and wraithy welcome, platschu

sigpic

Comment

If you don't mind, we should not shake hands.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

@ tombombadail & Platschu - welcome!!

Ah, yes...we all love Todd! He's such a great character - I hope they treat him well in S5 - keeping the edge, but not turning him into a complete villain.

I would also love to see a bit more variety among the Wraith as LS suggests. We've seen Todd, who has a little bit of honor. We've seen a lot who don't seem to have any. We've seen arrogant, proud, haughty, confident, conceited - you name it, we've seen it. BUT...that's the nature of the species - their overall personality. I want to see some diversity here - Wraith who have honor (by their standards), ones who can show compassion (mercy may be a better word), ones who are less regimented (a 'slacker' Wraith - someone who doesn't quite do what he's supposed to) - anything that will add some variety to them as individuals, instead of the 'grrr, gonna eat you' thing.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the Queen will be the most important episode for this club. I hope we learn more and more about this race (culture, religion, casts, professions, telepathic skills, connection with nature and animals)

I always wanted to see a flashback episode, where they will tell us, how the Wraith was created by Iratus bugs.

I could imagine an episode, where is a Human/Wraith couple. Is it possible to have common children?

Comment

A big WRAITHY WELCOME: To Platschu and tombombadail to WDC. This where we talk, debate, argue in a friendly way and, joke about our favourite aliens from the Pegasus Galaxy. So, pull up and park your hive ship or dart or cruiser and engage in lively conversations with the rest of us obsessed Wraith Worshippers. LOL

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I think the Queen will be the most important episode for this club. I hope we learn more and more about this race (culture, religion, casts, professions, telepathic skills, connection with nature and animals)

I always wanted to see a flashback episode, where they will tell us, how the Wraith was created by Iratus bugs.

I could imagine an episode, where is a Human/Wraith couple. Is it possible to have common children?
                        I too love to learn how the Wraith became the way they are. There is so much to learn about them. But, I still like a little mystery left to them.
                        I would love to see a completely Wraith episode without the Atlantis team involved. But, I don't think that will happen.

LS

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          If you don't mind, we should not shake hands.
                          Welcome!

No, no hand shaking around here. Mwahahahaha.
                          HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

I was just over at the wallpaper thread and, someone posted a picture of Dr. House from the tv show 'House.' Then a thought hit me. How about replacing Dr. Keller with Dr. Gregory House. We can feed Keller to Todd. Dr. House on Atlantis. See, this is still a Wraith post I mentioned Todd.

LS

Comment

OMG - -

sigpic

Comment

Snatched from Jim's blog.

"The fans are going to love this."

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...thonthelot.flv
                                HONOR. A story. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...22#post8549622

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X