Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
    Thats sad. If they did come into the milky way, I would run outside and wave my arms.
    "Cull me! Where's Steve?!" And then I would be culled, and me and Steve would live happy ever after, even though I would have to share with the WDC Steve fans. We could braid his hair.

Spoiler:
    Yay! for black and white minimalism! More impact! I LIKE!

Wraithie
    sigpic

Comment

I wish my bf would come home like that.
      You need to get your BF some of those cats eyes contact lenses! (oh, and put bleach in his shampoo bottle, and give him a massage with oil you secretly put green dye in.)
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, I might make another tonight...

[/url]

Comment

You need to get your BF some of those cats eyes contact lenses! (oh, and put bleach in his shampoo bottle, and give him a massage with oil you secretly put green dye in.)
          Yea, but my bf has really curly hair. With white hair, he'd look like goldy locks. Might try it anyway.

[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
            Think of it this way: You're minding your own business when someone nabs you for experimentation. You find out, and exscape. When you get home, everyone (family and friends) reject you because you now have green skin, way to many sharp teeth, funky cat's eyes and white hair. They not only reject you, they make fun of you, too!

What would you do?

Personally, I think I'd 'Michael" them!
            what would I do? I'd go after the person that caused it. even if my family rejected me, someone still had to give them a good reason to.

Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
            Didn't he barely escape with his life the second time round? And being shunned from the only family you know, the ones who are supposed to be loyal to you and you to them, its a breaking of trust. I'd feel really betrayed too. And once you're alone with those thoughts and feelings, it would be easy to slip into madness, and take it out on the whole world/universe. He had no one to act as an anchor to sanity.
            true, but the wraith's reaction was a natural/instinctive one (likely the same thing michael would have done as a full-blood wraith), the same can't be said for atlantis' actions...

Comment

Can I please use Michaeled as a sig definition?
              Yup!
              sigpic

Comment

@das, I hope everything is o.k. with your sister and her house.

@wraithie - everything o.k. there? All the fires out?

Take care, both of you!

@naami: I have to agree with Wraithie and toomuchcaf on this one. I would be mightily p.o.'d at the people that experimented on me, but I would be REALLY ticked off at my own people if they rejected and ridiculed me when I finally made my way back to them. What Michael is doing makes complete sense to me: his world rejected him, so he is rejecting the world and remaking it in his own image.

@Jack Bauer: Interesting scenario.

@Rachelle: I like the black and white image, too. Since you have so few elements in the sig, you might try making the text just a little bigger to balance things. Just a suggestion. Feel free to use it or ignore it!
                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I'm guess I'm alone in my thinking then.

Comment

@Jack
                    Welcome visitor
                    I don´t think that the wraith would gain power by feeding on Jaffas. Maybe they have a stronger lifeforce but I don´t think this would result in a more powerful wraith. maybe they would just have more in "storage". And the Aschen are hopefully ALL sucked into that big black hole (yeah its cruel...but I didn´t like those guys..what can I say )

And Michael :
                    I think they went a bit out of character with him. This got nothing to do with Stargate or Sci-Fi but is more like a real fact. These "dominating everybody" plans just don´t work. And I think Michael would never fall for such a plan,no matter how insane he got. He is far too intelligent for that.
                    And this "insanity" came a bit abrupt. Sure he has been cruel and determined before. Even vengefully. But it never felt like he was "over the top" up to the point where he made his iratus-bug army.
                    But then again. Maybe he IS just a psycho. But I would have prefered something more for this character.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                    Spoiler:
                    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
                      @das, I hope everything is o.k. with your sister and her house.

@wraithie - everything o.k. there? All the fires out?

Take care, both of you!
                      Thank you, but unfortunately, no, the fires are not out. The kind of fires we get here smolder underground! They can even travel and come up somewhere else. The heat from the smoldering fire often dries out what was watersoaked, so the fire flares back up. Our firemen/women get exhausted because they actually have to post guards on the smoldering spots to wet them again or to see if they travel and pop-up somewhere else.

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                      @naami: I have to agree with Wraithie and toomuchcaf on this one. I would be mightily p.o.'d at the people that experimented on me, but I would be REALLY ticked off at my own people if they rejected and ridiculed me when I finally made my way back to them. What Michael is doing makes complete sense to me: his world rejected him, so he is rejecting the world and remaking it in his own image.
                      It's a natural reaction. If Teyla had been less 'obviously' wary of Michael, she might have reached him. If I'd been her, I'd have left with him to try to talk him down from his course of revenge. Yes. He was unstable, but he wasn't beyond recovery at that point. He desperately needed compassion and understanding...acceptance. He went to Teyla, and he didn't get it. At least, not enough.

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk
                      @Rachelle: I like the black and white image, too. Since you have so few elements in the sig, you might try making the text just a little bigger to balance things. Just a suggestion. Feel free to use it or ignore it!
                      Good suggestion.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      I'm guess I'm alone in my thinking then.
                      It makes you either a better person, or too young/very lucky not- to have been betrayed by family.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                        @Jack
                        Welcome visitor
                        I don´t think that the wraith would gain power by feeding on Jaffas. Maybe they have a stronger lifeforce but I don´t think this would result in a more powerful wraith. maybe they would just have more in "storage". And the Aschen are hopefully ALL sucked into that big black hole (yeah its cruel...but I didn´t like those guys..what can I say )

And Michael :
                        I think they went a bit out of character with him. This got nothing to do with Stargate or Sci-Fi but is more like a real fact. These "dominating everybody" plans just don´t work. And I think Michael would never fall for such a plan,no matter how insane he got. He is far too intelligent for that.
                        And this "insanity" came a bit abrupt. Sure he has been cruel and determined before. Even vengefully. But it never felt like he was "over the top" up to the point where he made his iratus-bug army.
                        But then again. Maybe he IS just a psycho. But I would have prefered something more for this character.
                        I haven't a clue who the Aschen are, but I'm only upto s.3 of SG1. As for the abrupt insanity, time line wise it would have been almost a year between misbegotten and vengeance (probably closer to 9 months), and as for the Iratus bug army, he did need body guards (its not paranoia if they're really out to get you)
                        And who can say how the brain works. Hitler was supposedly very intelligent.
                        sigpic

Comment

That would be sad...
                          I shall take her place...for the good of the wraith and all.
                          Yes, yesss I agree.
                          "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

It makes you either a better person, or too young/very lucky not- to have been betrayed by family.
                            I'm 23. trust me, I know how betrayal feels. I guess I just think different. if I was michael, I wouldn't have lashed out at my "family" for something they didn't start, but that's just me.

Comment

D*mn sorry to hear that, das! My parents almost got nailed last night. That was the fire smoke I was smelling at MY house! They had dozers out there today knocking through firebreaks.
                              Oh my! to both you and Das! Hang in there!

wwii/ wraith cake
                              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

I haven't a clue who the Aschen are, but I'm only upto s.3 of SG1. As for the abrupt insanity, time line wise it would have been almost a year between misbegotten and vengeance (probably closer to 9 months), and as for the Iratus bug army, he did need body guards (its not paranoia if they're really out to get you)
                                And who can say how the brain works. Hitler was supposedly very intelligent.
                                Oops..hope i didn´t spoil you too much,sorry

ok..ok..maybe this makes perfect sense. But nonetheless I got that feeling they wasted a character with good potential here. That whole "making an army of mindless servants"-thing is just a bit TOO weird for me. And if he would be reallly THAT insane there is only one option left. He has to die because then he would be really beyond help,no matter who is responsible for his condition.

Spoiler:
                                And Hitler and intelligence...

Fortunately this man was NOT intelligent. He had some pretty intelligent helpers but he was not. They showed Hitler a working jetplane and all he had to say was "This can not fly if it got no airscrew". So they were (Thank god!) never produced in high numbers.
                                Same with the worlds first aircraft carrier. Hitler referred to it as "Useless." and had it disassembled.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                                Spoiler:
                                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Working...
                                X