No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not much really had to put a delay on the new micheal wallpaper i was making because of the cold hopefully i should be able to start it up again in the next few days

Comment

done my second chapter, lilith, watcha think,

Spoiler:
      “First”
      Chapter two

Her mind wandered, she had already seen so much. From the lab in which she was created, strewn with the bodies of those who worked there. The stars she had seen as she travelled through them, until she had found something new. A planet.

The darkness stirred, she felt it too, something drawing her closer. She reached into her pocket for the tasteless ration bar, tore a large chunk from it and chewed will little satisfaction. She laboured to swallow the dry chunks, and at least felt the pain in her stomach lesson. She had drained the life of every crew member, felt their energy flow within her, yet as strong as it made her, nothing touched the hunger within her stomach. After days of tearing pains through her abdomen, she had come across food, human food. It touched the hunger, abated it, for a while. As much as it sickened her to eat it, she had proceeded, gradually the pains had stopped. For the first time, her body felt balanced. Now as she took her first step onto solid ground, she felt it again, stronger. There was something here, something she was drawn too.

Pinned, the last thing you want on a simple reckon mission. They had been completely shut off from the gate. Forced to retreat in to an area they all knew was impossible to escape from. Surrounded on all sides by stiff rock faces. Bearing clumps of plant life that dangled down and gave a little cover to the five men hiding beneath them. Major Lorne looked out from beneath his cover. He could see several of them. White hair, dark cloaks, heavy boots, those creepy masks they wore. He counted at least ten, but there could be more. If Matthew's hadn’t caught a partial stunner in the leg he would have taken the chance, instead they had retreated, called for backup and waited. He hated waiting, his fingers flexed around his gun barrel. He felt useless, and yet the more he waited, the more confused he became. The Wraith hadn’t advanced, they also waited, they simply stood their, intimidating and frustratingly out of reach. Whatever they were waiting for, he hoped backup got here first.

She froze as voices seemed to surround her. They joined the voice of the darkness, showing her terrible things, urging her towards them. Wraith, she thought. The darkness writhed in its excitement, yet she held back, unsure. With the voices came images, humans, they all looked alike to her, she felt the hunger of the wraith who surrounded them, felt their frustration at waiting, what were they waiting for. Suddenly one of them looked at her, she felt it see her, its curiosity peaked momentarily. She wrenched her thoughts away from him. She trembled, the dense woods surrounded her offered her little protection from those who could sense her. The sun was reaching the end of its cycle, casting long shadows through the gnarled twisted trees. Their leaves hanging lifeless as the breeze dwindled. Calm and quiet, she forced her mind to quiet, her body to relax, perhaps they won’t find her, she thought hopefully.

She turned, her light footsteps barley disturbing the ground beneath her, as she made her way back to the ship. A loud sound broke the fragile silence, she had never heard the like of such a thing, similar to the engines of her ship as she landed. Curiosity filled her, as birds took flight in fear, away from the source of the sound, she made her way towards it. A great pool of blue light, shining within the darkness, casting waves of light across the ground. She looked at it with wonder from behind the cover of a particularly old tree. Shadows passed across its surface, humans, five of them. The large one looked towards where she was, she recoiled slightly, back into the darkness of the woods. He took a step towards her, she inhaled sharply.
      “Ronan” said one of the smaller humans, “ what is it?”
      “Nothing” he said gruffly, turning away from her and rejoining the others.
      “There are definitely Wraith here” said the small woman as they walked away from her. She missed the comments of the other two men as she sunk further into the forrest, away from the humans, away from the wraith.

She was curious about everything, and yet everything scared her. The Wraith were more alien to her than she had ever imagined, and the humans, well, they were only food to her. Or were they, she wondered, could they be something more.

To be continued.......

Comment

loved it jesserella hope there is more soon i really enjoy all the storys

Comment

i haven't even read the first chap yet as much as my inner grammar nazi would love it, i don't want to end up the forum editor GW takes up too much of my time as it is... i still need to upload all my old "share-able" sketches
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

i don't need you to edit it, i'm sure i made mistakes, but i'd rather just like to know what you think of it,

Comment

lol... that's a problem of mine, a habit i'm trying to break... whenever i see grammatical and/or spelling mistakes on something that is going into print, i have to point them out and correct them... that's why i avoid most fanfics... ff writers are attrocious with grammar... avery now and then, i find a good writer and i'll read their work, but they are becoming increasingly harder to find....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                lol... that's a problem of mine, a habit i'm trying to break... whenever i see grammatical and/or spelling mistakes on something that is going into print, i have to point them out and correct them... that's why i avoid most fanfics... ff writers are attrocious with grammar... avery now and then, i find a good writer and i'll read their work, but they are becoming increasingly harder to find....
                Do I want to know what category I fall into?

Sorry, I've been gone, and working, and, and I'll try to be back Friday at least.

Comment

now i feel worried, i'm doing creative writing at uni, if i can't do a fanfic well, i'm in trouble

Comment

dont worry jessfrom what i have seen your most likely to get an A
                    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Isil'zha View Post
                      Do I want to know what category I fall into?

Sorry, I've been gone, and working, and, and I'll try to be back Friday at least.
                      you fall into the good writer cat.... your writing is very proseful and formal.... the only problem you have, which i have too, is you don't give enough attention to detail, and with fanfiction it's okay b/c most people already have a predetermined mindset of what things are supposed to be like so you can for the attention to detail that is severely needed to pull the elements of a good story together.... my problem is, once i start dialogue, i forget to do much of anything else, and then it seems like my characters talk forever before they actually do something... which is why i RP, b/c without that attention to detail, you have no story in any RP
                      sigpic

Comment

my one weakness is grammer well according to lilith, my RE lecturer, my parents, my friends and my old secondery school teachers but hell we'll ignore that for now
                        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                          you fall into the good writer cat.... your writing is very proseful and formal.... the only problem you have, which i have too, is you don't give enough attention to detail, and with fanfiction it's okay b/c most people already have a predetermined mindset of what things are supposed to be like so you can for the attention to detail that is severely needed to pull the elements of a good story together.... my problem is, once i start dialogue, i forget to do much of anything else, and then it seems like my characters talk forever before they actually do something... which is why i RP, b/c without that attention to detail, you have no story in any RP
                          Thanks. I have noticed that. Though I also find it easier to put in in 3rd person. I'm not as good with 1st, or present tense for that matter.

I joined an RP somewhere else-one of my character's first actions was an assassination attempt.

Comment

hehehe assasination attempt? lsil'zha what have you been up to?
                            sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

I've done that... I've also done my opening scene as a sex scene.... my boyfriend and did a lot of crazy RP opening last year.... we're both members of RPG Forums Online and we sat next to each other in our computer lab class, so always practically wrote each others posts *sigh* those were the good old days....
                              sigpic

Comment

i've done chapter 3, the link is in my sig ,

Comment

Working...
                                X