Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
    Funny ones!!!

I experiment on wallpapers a lot lately Another simple one I really hope Spikey won't complain about size this time

Icarium

Got me a new wallpaper
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
      very nice wraithlord
      Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
      Nice new sig Wraithlord
      I already said I like the first one, and with the text it's even better Steve is just perfect

Icarium
      Originally posted by Risem View Post
      Nice sigs!
      Thanks I'm glad you all like them.
      Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
      Originally posted by toomuchcaf View Post
      Spoiler:
      http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll53/toomuchcaf/toddlication.jpg
      Originally posted by Rachelle View Post
      We have half naked men channels, without the long hair.

Spoiler:
      http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/got_ink54/guess.jpg

Spoiler:
      http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/got_ink54/known.jpg
      Forgot this one:

Spoiler:
      http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/got_ink54/pretty.jpg
      Those are really great The Veldt, toomuchcaf and Rachelle.

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      Should I try to beg for a Teyla and Andee pic?
      Yeah you should.
      Thanks
      Why shouldn't you make calendars?
      Funny ones!!!

I experiment on wallpapers a lot lately Another simple one I really hope Spikey won't complain about size this time

Icarium
      Your welcome Icarium and love the Wallie it's really beautiful oh and I've been thinking about the calenders
      Spoiler:
      I've decided to make them.

The way I'm planning on making them is I'll do one for each month and each one will have a pic also i want to take my time and not rush them so it'll be a while before they're finished hope that's ok.

Edit: I tried to green you for the Wallie but unfortunately it won't let me at the moment.
      Last edited by wraithlord; 09 May 2008, 11:34 AM. Reason: wanted to add a little bit more to my post.

Comment

Got me a new wallpaper
        Glad I could be of service
        Originally posted by wraithlord View Post
        Your welcome Icarium and love the Wallie it's really beautiful oh and I've been thinking about the calenders
        Spoiler:
        I've decided to make them.

The way I'm planning on making them is I'll do one for each month and each one will have a pic also i want to take my time and not rush them so it'll be a while before they're finished hope that's ok.

Edit: I tried to green you for the Wallie but unfortunately it won't let me at the moment.
        NP and thank you
        You ARE going to make them!!! *dances* Great, take your time

Icarium

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron
          Long haired,half naked men running around with blazing guns shooting at everything in sight? And you got a whole channel for that over there?

Weird!!!
          *sigh* THAT would be wonderful...only, replace the guns with sucky hands.

Speaking of which - anyone notice Todd's 'handgina' in those recent pics from JM's blog...hmmmm...it appears to be...hungry...*sucky, sucky*

Originally posted by Rachelle

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          That second one is Bam Bam, right?? He makes one tasty Wraith, too!!

Okay - now for my nonsense...

What if the Wraith had a rugby team?? Here’s a review of the skills needed by a rugby player for the position he plays:

Spoiler:
          #1 - Loosehead prop; #3 - Tighthead prop - Props support the ‘hooker’ in the scrum and provide effective, dynamic support for the jumpers in the line-out. The props provide the main power in the push forward in the scrum, and for this reason they are usually the strongest and heaviest players in the team.

#2 – Hooker - Hookers are a key position in attacking and defensive play. They are typically the main force for pushing and resisting in the scrum, and because of the pressure put on the body, it is considered to be one of the most dangerous positions to play. Hookers are usually the leaders in most attacking moves and tend to control the forwards.

#4 & #5 – Locks - Locks are almost always the tallest players on the team, strong and athletic with an excellent standing jump. They also make good ball carriers, and are good at bashing holes in the defense.

#6 - Blindside flanker; #7 - Openside flanker - Flanker is a fairly dynamic position with the fewest set responsibilities during the game. They play a major role in cleaning up and maintaining/gaining possession after handling errors. Due to their role in the scrum, flankers should be fairly heavy whilst still having speed and power.

#8 - Number eight – The number eight needs to have physical strength, speed and mobility. He packs down at the rear of the scrum, driving it forward. He is normally tall and athletic and good at ferreting out a ball in broken play and acts as a battering ram in the rucks.

#9 - Scrum-half - Scrum halves form the all-important link between the forwards and the backs, and are invariably at the centre of the action. A scrum half is normally relatively small but with a high degree of vision, the ability to react to situations very quickly, and good handling skills. They are often the first tackler in defense and are behind every scrum, maul or ruck to get the ball out and maintain movement. It is also not unusual to have talkative scrum-halves in competitive situations. Though technically illegal, most scrum-halves will subtly alert the referee to fouls and infringements committed by the opposing team. (THIS IS SOOO TODD!!!)

#10 - Fly-half - One of the most influential positions, the fly-half makes key tactical decisions during a game. An ideal fly-half should be a fast and deceptive runner, be able to make decisions quickly, direct the backline on defense and attack, have excellent kicking and handling skills and the ability to cope under pressure. Strong leadership skills are crucial for this position, as well as strong defensive skills.

#11 & #14 – Wing - Wings are almost always the quickest members of the team, but also need to be able to side step and otherwise avoid opponents in order to score tries. Traditionally, wingers are small and fast, but since the game became professional they are often as big as forwards.

#12 - Inside center; #13 - Outside center - Centers need to be able to break through opposition lines and pass the ball accurately. They need to be strong in the tackle. The inside center is typically bigger and more creative than the outside centre; the outside center tends to be the faster, nippier of the two centers. In defense or attack, the inside center is always in the thick of the action. The outside centers need good size and tackle breaking skills, and must be very aggressive in defense.

#15 - Fullback – Must have excellent attacking skills, pace and open field running prowess. As the last line of defense, good tackling skills are desirable.

So, based on that - here's my breakdown of the perfect Wraith rugby team...

#1 - Loosehead Prop – Masked Warrior
          #2 - Hooker - Sateda's Superwraith
          #3 - Tighthead Prop – Masked Warrior
          #4 - Lock - 'Greg' (The Defiant One)
          #5 - Lock – ‘Rhys’ (Broken Ties)
          #6 - Blindside Flanker - Masked Warrior
          #7 - Openside Flanker - Masked Warrior
          #8 – Number 8 - ‘Jean-Luc’ (The Queen’s badass Wraith)
          #9 - Scrum Half – Todd (The Playmaker )
          #10 - Fly Half - ‘Erik' (Allies' Scientist)
          #11 - Wing – ‘Shawn’ (Condemned)
          #12 - Inside Center - Bob
          #13 - Outside Center – ‘Edward Sleazyhands’ (The Hive)
          #14 - Wing – Keeper (The Rising)
          #15 - Fullback – Steve

Todd is a perfect fit, despite being a tad tall for the position. I picked Shawn as a wing because he’s good at ‘avoiding opponents’, and the Keeper because he appears to be very fast. Steve – another one I perceive to be very fast - is great in the attack (at least against Teyla), so he gets to be fullback. I picked Erik for fly half (also a playmaker position) because he’s ‘deceptive’, and keeps a fairly cool head, but I was torn between him and Bob and Shawn. If you have any other suggestions based on the above position descriptions, feel free to make them! I didn’t include Penny Wraith or his buddy because they both tended to be more cerebral than physical.

Ah, just a bit of fun…hope you enjoy even if you’re not a rugby fan and have no idea what the heck I’m on about…

das
          Last edited by dasNdanger; 09 May 2008, 12:36 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            Ah, just a bit of fun…hope you enjoy even if you’re not a rugby fan and have no idea what the heck I’m on about…

das
            LOL at how little I understand of that all Where I sit rugby is a rather exotic sport I must trust you on your choices... Thanks

Icarium

Comment

Ohh. I like the earth first sig.

[/url]

Comment

LOL at how little I understand of that all Where I sit rugby is a rather exotic sport I must trust you on your choices... Thanks

Icarium
                Same here.
                But interesting nonetheless
                Just wonder what sports that Wraith-nerd from "Midway" would participate in
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                  Forgot this one:

Spoiler:
                  - they are fantastic - green to you

sigpic

Comment

Ohh. I like the earth first sig.
                    Thanks

Some bad news... I've just read in Fandom Section that stargate.com is going to be closed due to hotlinking No more wonderful pics to work with...

*cries*

Icarium

Comment

Some bad news... I've just read in Fandom Section that stargate.com is going to be closed due to hotlinking No more wonderful pics to work with...
                      Really?!

[/url]

Comment

So, based on that - here's my breakdown of the perfect Wraith rugby team...

#1 - Loosehead Prop – Masked Warrior
                        #2 - Hooker - Sateda's Superwraith
                        #3 - Tighthead Prop – Masked Warrior
                        #4 - Lock - 'Greg' (The Defiant One)
                        #5 - Lock – ‘Rhys’ (Broken Ties)
                        #6 - Blindside Flanker - Masked Warrior
                        #7 - Openside Flanker - Masked Warrior
                        #8 – Number 8 - ‘Jean-Luc’ (The Queen’s badass Wraith)
                        #9 - Scrum Half – Todd (The Playmaker )
                        #10 - Fly Half - ‘Erik' (Allies' Scientist)
                        #11 - Wing – ‘Shawn’ (Condemned)
                        #12 - Inside Center - Bob
                        #13 - Outside Center – ‘Edward Sleazyhands’ (The Hive)
                        #14 - Wing – Keeper (The Rising)
                        #15 - Fullback – Steve

das
                        I don't think you could improve on the lineup, even if you tried LOL. I'm going to burst into giggles all morning now.

But I'd hate to be the ref in one of their games. I'd be too scared to penalise them!

Now, to think of a good jersey design, to go with the short shorts, but leather isn't exactly comfy to run in. Uh oh, I just can't think of any, my imagination keeps slipping down to the bare legs. Nice muscles

One important point, who's the coach?
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think you could improve on the lineup, even if you tried LOL. I'm going to burst into giggles all morning now.

But I'd hate to be the ref in one of their games. I'd be too scared to penalise them!

Now, to think of a good jersey design, to go with the short shorts, but leather isn't exactly comfy to run in. Uh oh, I just can't think of any, my imagination keeps slipping down to the bare legs. Nice muscles

One important point, who's the coach?
                          Coach?? I forgot the coach!! Easy - Allies' Queen, hands down. You lose the match, and she sucks the life right out of you!!

oh, and Michael has left the sport and now plays football for Chelsea....

das
                          Last edited by dasNdanger; 09 May 2008, 01:29 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

oh, and Michael has left the sport and now plays football for Chelsea....

das
                            I thought he went into boxing! (Anthony Mundine style)
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought he went into boxing! (Anthony Mundine style)
                              Thats just the thing PR tells you. Actually he got a life-time ban for doping.
                              It is rumoured he is on the Hoffan drug as well but...wouldn´t say that out loud. The Wraith leagues lawyers are kind of creepy.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Thats just the thing PR tells you. Actually he got a life-time ban for doping.
                                It is rumoured he is on the Hoffan drug as well but...wouldn´t say that out loud. The Wraith leagues lawyers are kind of creepy.
                                Yeah, wouldn't want to get sued (or should I say sucked?) for defamation of character!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X