X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ;
    Originally Posted by MCH
    Hi

The last issue 21 Stargate magazine I brought in the UK, along with Star Trek Magazine was the 18th March. So hopefully I should be able to get both after the 18th April.
    MCH

MCH - I checked Borders Bookshop yesterday but they only had issue 21, I think we may have to wait a month or two for the next one in the UK, for some reason we seem to be a couple of months behind

Ash
    Your right.
    UK issue 21 released 18th March so your right it will be mid May. Oh Darn. The USA get issue 22 when? I'm not being childish, but will really sulk if they get it first.

totally off subject been waiting Pushing Daisy with the pie maker .........
    weirddddd. But I like it but it weird. Hum

Ok MCH
    Still it Weird. But I like it.Hum
    sigpic
    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Just wanted to say hi to everyone...and apologize for not being around much this week - life has been crazy! Hopefully things will calm down next week - I have been on JM's blog simply because it loads SO much quicker than this forum...and I did get an answer from Bam Bam about Wraith he's played...

He was the Wraith fighting with Ronon in the dark room in Sateda - that would make him Goggle Boy (but I asked a second question - were there two actors playing that character - one above ground, and one for the fight scene). He was also the faced Wraith killed in the warehouse in the same ep.

He said Jeff R. played the lovely Wraith in Sateda with the long hair that got shot in the head in the tunnel. Silly boy really needed to look up sooner!

So, I asked him who played the Wraith in Travelers that flipped Larrin by the foot - that was a great scene. I thought it was the same actor as Goggle Boy - but maybe I'm wrong....

oh, and just wanted to share an OT pic with everyone - my kitties!

Spoiler:

They are: Kitty Pryde (gray kitty), Cowboy, Marbles (tortoise shell) and China (pop-up prairie dog kitty in the back!). They don't always get along this well...

And hubby and I said we should have named Kitty 'Wraith' because she looks like one with her eyes and all...but she's a love (though she does smack the others around a bit...)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

das
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Just wanted to say hi to everyone...and apologize for not being around much this week - life has been crazy! Hopefully things will calm down next week - I have been on JM's blog simply because it loads SO much quicker than this forum...and I did get an answer from Bam Bam about Wraith he's played...

He was the Wraith fighting with Ronon in the dark room in Sateda - that would make him Goggle Boy (but I asked a second question - were there two actors playing that character - one above ground, and one for the fight scene). He was also the faced Wraith killed in the warehouse in the same ep.

He said Jeff R. played the lovely Wraith in Sateda with the long hair that got shot in the head in the tunnel. Silly boy really needed to look up sooner!

So, I asked him who played the Wraith in Travelers that flipped Larrin by the foot - that was a great scene. I thought it was the same actor as Goggle Boy - but maybe I'm wrong....

Spoiler:

They are: Kitty Pryde (gray kitty), Cowboy, Marbles (tortoise shell) and China (pop-up prairie dog kitty in the back!). They don't always get along this well...

And hubby and I said we should have named Kitty 'Wraith' because she looks like one with her eyes and all...but she's a love (though she does smack the others around a bit...)

das
        Das, you need to keep notes off these things!
        Maybe it should be put in the post with all the Wraith in them? Those two posts, actually?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Spoiler:

das
          marbles and the white and black one in front look almost identical to three cats I have.

I agree with spikey, adding the actors to the name list. it shouldn't be hard, since james has portrayed 80% of them.
          Last edited by naamiaiset; 18 April 2008, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
            I thought some of you guys might be interested in some wraith doodles.

Spoiler:
            Study of Ruby.
            Todd and Ruby. They're so cute together.

A random wraith.

Another random wraith.
            The last one.

Bytheway, I'm really happy it finally comes to the Wraith, everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
              I thought some of you guys might be interested in some wraith doodles.

Spoiler:
              Study of Ruby.
              Todd and Ruby. They're so cute together.

A random wraith.

Another random wraith.
              Those are really awesome. Photoshop, I'm guessing?
              I've never actually drawn a from-scratch Wraith, except for a pencil assignment for school. I did a whole bunch of art for the Vancouver con, but none of them had Wraith in them. I've done some costume drawings and I've turned the guys on the TV Guide into Wraith ... but they aren't as nice as those. Good job.
              sigpic

Comment

@Risem- WOW/Drool!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  marbles and the white and black one in front look almost identical to three cats I have.

This whole thing is OT. Therefore, it's in spoilers.

@Naamiaiset
                  Spoiler:
                  When posting baby pictures, please put their names with them! I've started a folder called "WDC Baby Pictures".

You can go here to see some of my babies' pics.

@das: You have a great weekend, too, Hon! It sounds like you've earned it!

Wraithie
                  Will, of course, be adding more baby pics to the PB album.
                  Last edited by Wraithworshipper; 18 April 2008, 05:33 PM. Reason: Can't forget the das!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                    @Naamiaiset
                    Spoiler:
                    When posting baby pictures, please put their names with them! I've started a folder called "WDC Baby Pictures".
                    names are cinnamon, carmel and bandit. cinnamon could be part wraith. if I don't have her food in time, she starts wanting to feed on me and bites me.

since we're posting "baby" pictures... my snake.
                    photobucket.com/albums/v205/apathyislethal/zz/1111.jpg

Comment

Spoiler:

das
                      love kitty cats, all mine have passed on though.

there's a members pets picture thread somewhere if you want to share more.
                      also a members pic thread, right naamiaiset.

Risem you always post lovely pics.

edit: why is my computer so slow today, must be a weekend thing.
                      sigpic
                      FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                        also a members pic thread, right naamiaiset.
                        note to self, delete that picture...

Comment

note to self, delete that picture...
                          now don't be like that,
                          quick! everyone go look before she deletes it!
                          sigpic
                          FOR MY HIVE AND MY HIVE ALONE

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            Why would that Queen release him? She just found out that he was going to betray all Wraith by establishing his own army, and taking down the rest.
                            I have the feeling that plots like that are business as usual for the Wraith. It's a part of their culture. But being executed when you fail and get caught is might also be part of the deal.

Swimming against the general flow = death. Very nice species, those Wraith. Like with Michael? The Queen wanted to kill him cos he felt a bit funny after having been transformed the first time. Poor him.
                            You know, I've often thought that wraith culture is very Eastern, meaning Buddhist and similar to the samuari culture of Japan. I watched a documentary about six months ago on the current culture of Japan. It was about the tradition/persistence of the ancient samuari culture in modern Japanese life. Interestingly, this tradition is very alive and well. What I mean, for example, is that the concept of killing oneself over a perceived personal failure is still quite acceptable--which is an ancient samuari tradition. In 1988, a Japanese born Toronto woman decided that her only option in life was suicide. So she decided to take herself and her two children out to the lake. She tried to drown herself however she only ended up killing her children. She was tried in court under Canadian law. Consequently, there was a huge protest by Japanese nationals at Ottawa Parliament. The protesters argued that this was acceptable in Japanese culture and she was only doing what she believed was her only duty and choice. Her supporters did not succeed simply because of the concept "When in Rome do (or live) as the Romans do".
                            Also, Dith Pran, a reporter for the New York Times, discussed before he recently died of cancer that Cambodians believe in the Buddhist tenet "once your body no longer works properly, you need to let it go". He did not agree with this, therefore he fought his cancer diagnosis tooth and nail. He was the man who coined the term "The Killing Fields" after escaping Pol Pot's (leader of the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia) genocide regime.
                            There is a line in SoW where Todd says to Loren, regarding Shep and Co.'s capture at the cloning facility: "There is no way to help your friends now. You must face this." I think this is very samurai and/or Buddhist.
                            Finally, the concept of "saving face at all costs" is also part of this value system. I see this in all the wraith. When Steve is dying because he had been poisoned for instance, Sheppard asked Tayla if he was putting on an act and she said "It is not their way"--Steve tries to save face until it is too late for him, he probably could have been saved, but he would rather embrace death. It's interesting though that Todd shows his vulnerability to Sheppard, or at least shows his soft underbelly when he says things like "I need your help". I also find it curious that as season four progressed, the Atlantians eventually don't bother pointing their weapons at Todd. In fact, they frequently walk and talk with him side by side without lifting a weapon. Ronon is the only one who does this, which is a good thing because he forces Todd to reveal information about the wraith.
                            Anyway, I ramble. I think the wraith are very samurai.

wwii
                            "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithworshipper View Post
                              Oh, crud! I wonder if Books-a-million carries it!
                              You are soooo cute! I love all you're posts and siggys, and your obsessiveness--like mine.

wwii
                              "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

names are cinnamon, carmel and bandit. cinnamon could be part wraith. if I don't have her food in time, she starts wanting to feed on me and bites me.
                                Are those names in order of the pics?

Originally posted by naamiaiset
                                since we're posting "baby" pictures... my snake.
                                photobucket.com/albums/v205/apathyislethal/zz/1111.jpg
                                Already saved the pic of the just fed snake, and what's it's name?

Originally posted by Wraith Worshipper
                                You are soooo cute! I love all you're posts and siggys, and your obsessiveness--like mine.
                                "Thank yew! Thank yew! Thank yew vera much!"

New siggie!

Wraithworshipper

Just give me a few moments to get it uploaded.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X