Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge # 53

A few weeks ago I had posted a survey asking questions about the challenge. I went back through the answers for ideas for new challenges and several people said they want to learn more ‘technical’ things about art. I also noticed a few people had some ‘favorites’ from past challenges. So to combine all of them, this week we will do another 7in7. I know a lot of people dislike icons, and at a normal size of 100x100 they don’t work well on GW plus they are terribly tiny and difficult to work with. Part of the challenge some would say, but I say, make them 150x150 for this challenge! You can still make them 100x100 if you want, or 120x120.

Please put all 7 icons on one picture and just send that one picture to me please.

The 7 icons should be:
    1. Use 3 textures
    2. Use a filter
    3. Crop the pic in an unusual way
    4. Blend 2 pics together
    5. Focus on the background, or an inanimate object from the fandom [for example the tardis or the impala]
    6. Focus on a minor character
    7. Split the picture

As always, there are no hard and fast rules, whatever the challenge means to you works for me!!

If you seriously just do not like icons and are avoiding the challenge because of that, please choose 1 [or 2 or 3] of the ideas and just make normal art!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday November 24.
    sigpic

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested, this is what we do for the holiday season...

Just doing a quick post about secret santa and advent calendar......

There are still a few days left if you want to sign up!

1. taris-eirien
      2. copter
      4. Grace
      5. Falcon horus
      7. Libero
      10. Bailey1ak
      11. Jaded wraith
      12. taris-eirien
      13. Slizzie-1986
      14. Bailey1ak
      15. RiG
      17. Grace
      18. RiG
      19. Jaded wraith
      20. Libero
      21. raduzhok
      23. RiG
      24. copter
      25. Lahela

and here's the sign up sheet for secret santa, just so you don't have to go searching for it again
      just fill it out and PM it to me....

Info sign up sheet for SS
      Spoiler:

I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }
      sigpic

Comment

Howdy, all! I haven't been around in ages - real life and all that - but I can't stop by here without popping in to defend my beloved Wraith!

So...where to start? I only have a second or two, so I'll leave you with this question...

Since it's highly possible that Wraith have 'twins' (due to their style of reproduction and their often clone-like appearance), it's quite likely Steve has a twin. Identical twin.

So, what is Steve's twin's name (Wraith name AND human-given name)? Is he as beautiful as Steve? Does he possess the same qualities and personality (or, wraithonality, as the case may be )? Does he have the same hair? Any tattoos? And what's he up to right now?

Mull it over...and have fun!

Cheers,

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
          Just in case anyone is interested, this is what we do for the holiday season...

Just doing a quick post about secret santa and advent calendar......

There are still a few days left if you want to sign up!

Spoiler:
          1. taris-eirien
          2. copter
          4. Grace
          5. Falcon horus
          7. Libero
          10. Bailey1ak
          11. Jaded wraith
          12. taris-eirien
          13. Slizzie-1986
          14. Bailey1ak
          15. RiG
          17. Grace
          18. RiG
          19. Jaded wraith
          20. Libero
          21. raduzhok
          23. RiG
          24. copter
          25. Lahela

and here's the sign up sheet for secret santa, just so you don't have to go searching for it again
          just fill it out and PM it to me....

Info sign up sheet for SS

Spoiler:

I would like to receive {art/fan fic/both}

I can make {art/fan fic/both}

I do not like {examples are slash, ships, specific fandoms, etc. anything that you DO NOT want to make or receive}

My favorite fandoms/thunks/ships are: {list what you would like to receive. If you like SGA but only like Ronon, please be sure to say that, otherwise you might get a team pic. This is a wish list, so be specific in what you want so your secret santa can make you happy! }
          Aww I wish I had artistic skills I would love to participate!

Comment

Hey everywraith, Has anyone noticed what's going on in FF.net? cause I am hearing some awful things. Such as a policing group going around and reporting and getting writers banned because of their mature works and/or because young ones lying about their age and reading them and the parents catching them. Its awful I tell you. Some of the wraith fanfics I loved are gone! -sniffles as she drinks coffee-
            sigpic

Comment

There is a ratings system: you're fully aware of what exactly you're reading...Overzealous parents? Not that I haven't read a couple things that were ...but it was explained on the ratings. That is sad because some of those things, once they were gone, they are gone.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                There is a ratings system: you're fully aware of what exactly you're reading...Overzealous parents? Not that I haven't read a couple things that were ...but it was explained on the ratings. That is sad because some of those things, once they were gone, they are gone.
                I havn't heard anything. maybe the authors just took them down. :/

Comment

There's a lot smut on ff.net, but it is rated. If you read something you're too young or to soft for, it's you're own fault - you can stop reading by yourself. If parents allow their children to read without guidance: their fault, not the one of the authors. To punish everyone for not looking after your own children: yeah... that's the only way to deal with probs... never look at yourself, it's always the others...

Sorry, we had a time in Germany when art, music and literature was censored, books burned, people killed for their ideas. Nothing I want to see anywhere anytime, it's all too common around the world by different dogmas. To write (even smut) is a kind of selfexpression and art, censorship is NO way to solve problems that could be managed otherwise. My opinion.

Comment

Absolutely, Silverbullet. No censorship implies personal responsibility which is a lot harder on people.
                    sigpic

Comment

Despite all madness:

Wraithy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                        Despite all madness:

Wraithy New Year!

Thank you! Wraithy New Year for you as well!
                        sigpic

Comment

*stumbles in and looks around* Is there still life? Or are the defenders hibernating? (;

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                            *stumbles in and looks around* Is there still life? Or are the defenders hibernating? (;
                            Time to get up already? *stretches* Someone posted! hello!

Comment

Yep, I'm still here. Sometimes.

Btw, if you have dA-Accounts you might got pinched by some german trolls, pretending to be a lot of other people.

I think, this might be a pic of Assassinox: http://bloodyangelofhell.deviantart....play-512330219 but who took the pic and has the rights on using it?
                              THIS strange fellow (on some websites a 14 year old german girl, here a russian male) certainly not!
                              I had not found a translation yet for that stuff.

That's no joke anymore, it's getting some kind of criminal by now.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbullet27 View Post
                                Yep, I'm still here. Sometimes.

Btw, if you have dA-Accounts you might got pinched by some german trolls, pretending to be a lot of other people.

I think, this might be a pic of Assassinox: http://bloodyangelofhell.deviantart....play-512330219 but who took the pic and has the rights on using it?
                                THIS strange fellow (on some websites a 14 year old german girl, here a russian male) certainly not!
                                I had not found a translation yet for that stuff.

That's no joke anymore, it's getting some kind of criminal by now.
                                yikes : O

Comment

Working...
                                X