Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bajka20 View Post
    Nothing special, but on one of my games there is pumpkin contest and I made Wraithy pumpkin:
    Awww! Will you be able to share him with others in your game? You can introduce people to the Wraith.

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    I guess I don't understand what the downside is to another thread.
    Trolls. A few Legacy threads have been attempted on GW and the threads are always invaded by anti-Wraith trolls. If you really feel you want to open a new thread, I suggest a Legacy Wraith thread in the 'SGA Characters and Relationships' section, which seems to have fewer anti-Wraith trolls than the 'SGA Merchandise' section.

Comment

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
      Trolls. A few Legacy threads have been attempted on GW and the threads are always invaded by anti-Wraith trolls. If you really feel you want to open a new thread, I suggest a Legacy Wraith thread in the 'SGA Characters and Relationships' section, which seems to have fewer anti-Wraith trolls than the 'SGA Merchandise' section.
      If the topic title was something like 'Legacy Series Discussion For Wraith Fans - Contains Spoilers' we could call in the mods if we were invaded by anti-Wraith trolls. It could be started in the SGA Characters And Relationships forum but the mods might move it to the SGA Merchandise forum.
      sigpic

Comment

I have set up a new thread, and it can be found here! I hope it meets with approval, and that we can now get back to business as usual.

And on that note, I will seek out drugs for my sciatica, and take myself to bed.

Edit: I have done this is consideration of all the issues raised in the WDC, and feel that this is the best thing for the thread. I hate to think that we fall out over something that is, in the greater scheme of things, really daft.

Also, and this may sound sycophantic, but I'm willing to risk flaming, but I do not think Jo ever came here to plagiarise. To suggest something like that is quite outrageous, especially as so many fic writers have very similar ideas as to the development of Wraith. In fact, two of my closest friends have come out of the writing community, and we've often noted just how similar some of our thoughts are.
        Last edited by Isolde; 30 October 2011, 06:29 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          if it was just to jump on my back!
          Well I do know what that feels like
          Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          Do you and your queens fancy joining the pumpkin carving in the COH tomorrow?
          No, not really. After all, I wouldn't want to ruin the party with my stroppy Queens running around. But I guess that just makes it easier to get back to the "good old days", huh?
          Originally posted by Isolde View Post
          Well, you are welcome. Very welcome, especially as you are one of the few blokes here on a regular basis.
          Thank you, but I'm sure some members wouldn't agree with that.
          My videos
          My art
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
            Well I do know what that feels like

No, not really. After all, I wouldn't want to ruin the party with my stroppy Queens running around. But I guess that just makes it easier to get back to the "good old days", huh?

Thank you, but I'm sure some members wouldn't agree with that.
            Now you're being even stroppier than your Queens. You've NEVER "ruined" anything on the COH and are always welcome. *shrugs* Ah well, you can't say you weren't invited - and cordially, at that
            sigpic
            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

I have set up a new thread, and it can be found here! I hope it meets with approval, and that we can now get back to business as usual.
              I think a separate thread is the best idea. Not all WDC members are interested in the books and not all GW Wraith fans post in the WDC. (I'll join in the discussion there when I've woken up properly. My brain's a bit addled at the moment)

So, back to business as usual. Can people please post the links to unreleased video footage, promotional photos and auction lots etc. Has anybody got any ideas for discussion topics? What about videos/songs etc that remind people of Wraith?
              sigpic

Comment

@ c: ever since you posted a link to Two Steps from Hell, I have been listening to their album, and it has joined my list of writing music. I love Invincible! I also have this song as one of my faves, and I've always seen Todd when I play it:

It's also a damn good tune.
                sigpic

Comment

*surfaces*

Between being misunderstood and misquoted, (throws that behind self) Morning Poppets...

Yes, Izzy, very good Toddy tune... and as for Two Steps From Hell - awesome I think is what I'd say - I just finished writing Act 3 of Convocation and I think for the entire last 6 pages I was listening to nothing but TSfH as the queens did a number on Shep.

Comment

@ c: ever since you posted a link to Two Steps from Hell, I have been listening to their album, and it has joined my list of writing music. I love Invincible!
                    It makes me think of the last battle in the Wraith/Lantean war.

I also have this song as one of my faves, and I've always seen Todd when I play it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN-3_OR7JoE

It's also a damn good tune.
                    I found the lyrics on the internet. Very Todlike.
                    sigpic

Comment

This song always makes me think of Wraith for some reason.

PS: The lyrics.

http://www.lyricstime.com/shriekback...sh-lyrics.html
                      Last edited by ciannwn; 31 October 2011, 04:56 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I love the lyrics, c. Beautiful. And very Wraithy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Something cannibalised from a post I made in here over a year ago.

In Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' the Count forces Mina Harker to drink his blood and says - "And you, their best beloved one, are now to me, flesh of my flesh; blood of my blood; kin of my kin;my bountiful winepress for a while; and shall be later on my companion and my helper"

Hmm. Wraith don't force anyone to drink their blood but 'Broken Ties' reveals how some Wraith create worshippers. Even if TPTB didn't intend the Wraith enzyme to be a blood substitute I think it makes an interesting parallel.
                          sigpic

Comment

The vampire model is always a winner for me. I believe TPTB may have done this by design, though. I like to give them at least a little credit for actually thinking now and again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, and this may sound sycophantic, but I'm willing to risk flaming, but I do not think Jo ever came here to plagiarise. To suggest something like that is quite outrageous, especially as so many fic writers have very similar ideas as to the development of Wraith. In fact, two of my closest friends have come out of the writing community, and we've often noted just how similar some of our thoughts are.
                              The problem is the hypocrisy of people getting up in arms when someone posts an idea in here, only to praise it lavishly a few months later when an author from Legacy writes about it. But, please, continue to ignore the hypocrisy and keep telling yourselves the problem has been solved because it was all about a ball of yarn.

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                              Can people please post the links to unreleased video footage, promotional photos and auction lots etc. ?
                              Sorry, but, somehow, I'm not motivated to post any of my Wraithy findings in here.

Comment

Considering how often I refer to Wraith as psychic space vampires, I guess I'd have to say that I'd like for them to be deliberately vampiric.

I'm certainly proud to claim Todd as my favorite "vampire" when my silly coworkers argue over whether Edward or Angel is the better vampire. *rolls eyes*
                                Some centuries, it just doesn't pay to get out of hibernation...

Fanfiction * Into the Hive - A Wraith-centric ficlet collection * Hive Ebonstar - A collection of Wraith headcanons and character references

Comment

Working...
                                X