No announcement yet.

Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking forward to seeing Miller's Crossing when i get home tonight- with Be All My Sins Remembered and The Spoils of War-it shall be a pleasure to see And hear Gabriel's form of elegence. He such an eloquent orator- someone i could listen to even if he read excerpts from the public telphone book. i like very much the way as he is talking the way he scans every one and everything with his eyes as though he is taking it all in for future reference...I love the fact he is wearing a roung black earring as well.

Then Midway i am looking to that episode- Wraith are not stupid so i guess it would not take long to find that way to Earth. how far are they going to get??!

AS long as they do not get blown up, sucked out in outer space, shot to death or killed easily- it would be lovely to have an episode where the Wraith get something out of the events...we need more Wraith to survive- like the one from Traveller!!!
    We are angels of death in black leather
    Your demons without wings, we glide
    We are angels in black with a hunger
    Not your sheep to change or guide.
    We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Way to go Xepherah- I am with you but you are braver than me

Blessed be!!
      Last edited by kaeyla; 14 February 2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

@Xepherah Why do you cry here so loud? Great Letters are crying...
        I don´t think that is a fine behavior if people want to have fun and you make here such a insurgency ( I don´t know exact the english word for AUFSTAND)
        I say it like a friend from me:

First of all, sense of humour is what you are reading and if you have no humour... so **** happens but let us our fun... Excuse me if I say this but I don´t like it if somebody is to loud!!! The life is to short....

Comment

To quote Spike in BtVS:

"That's it. You're off the usher list."

Whatever that means.

Degilwen, I think you just mean 'distance'?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Not rebellion?? I don´t know the word for AUFSTAND... Distance mean go out of problems here in germany...

Comment

Well does anyone feel or think does Gabriel's black earring has significance in Wraith culture.

Degilwen, with utter respect, your brand of 'humour' has been alienating more than one person not just me or Xepherah...She has been more honest than the rest of us

But i would like answer to Gabriel's earring- what role does it play in WRaith culture

I will leave you to think on Wraith and Wraith Jewellry

Goodnight to you all

Comment

Excuse me if I say this but she can also say it quiet and not so loud.. If she want a discussion, so she should start a discussion...

I think this earing is a personal thing from Chris.. In the other episodes you don´t see this...

Comment

[Degilwen]
                  "@Xepherah Why do you cry here so loud?
                  Great Letters are crying...
                  I don´t think that is a fine behavior if people want to have fun
                  I say it like a friend from me:
                  First of all, sense of humour is what you are reading and if you have no humour... so **** happens but let us our fun... Excuse me if I say this but I don´t like it if somebody is to loud!!! The life is to short...."[/QUOTE]

Life is definately too short!!!! I come here to listen learn and laught particularly after a stressful working day. It my choice, just as it your choice Xepherah to make your point and to leave. Hope you find what you want in another thread.

MCH
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Hiiii MCH Welcome back here and thank you soooo much for your help

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla View Post
                      Well does anyone feel or think does Gabriel's black earring has significance in Wraith culture.

I will leave you to think on Wraith and Wraith Jewellry

Goodnight to you all
                      1. *If* a Queen does some stuff the human way, she can pick who she wants for that, I think. If it were up to me, I'd take a nice big fellow that has a lot of standing among the Wraith, someone like Todd (I've stated this multiple times already). He's smart, old, tall, etc.

2. About the tattoos. I've already said that I think they're for the top Wraith. Maybe after they made a discovery, or when they did a terrific job on something, defeated x number of Ancients, or whatever. Having a tattoo = being a big boy among the Wraith. Maybe the same is true for the earring? The more standing, the more you can have those things?

(Maybe we'll someday visit the tattoo and piercing parlor) ^^

3. The Wraith whom apparently I've insulted is someone I've never seen before. This is an international site, and it means that some people haven't seen certain episodes yet. I don't want to quickly do stuff the illegal way just to please everybody on here when I'm talking about a certain character. If he's smart and cool, I'll see that when I watch the ep. If I like him, I'll mention it on here. I doubt that I'll suddenly like his wig and some other features, though. I'm not insulting an actor, I think, and if they want to make Wraith more diverse by giving them a flatter nose than some of the others have, then so be it. I don't have to like it, and I'm entitled to put that on here, just as long as I'm not downright insulting. Which is definitely not my intention. I don't know who they were played by, and I might not look up their true faces either.

I mentioned before that I think Karl's nose is strange, too, but I actually like him because of his "The Commander has escaped, but I brought you these instead" + *big smile* line in Spoils of War.

In general, I wish to say that people should keep things light on here. This is for relaxation, not agitation. Don't take things too seriously. Most of the people on here should have grown past the 'let's have a fight'-part of their lives, so let's all show each other that that's true?

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla View Post
                        I think it's not significant in the sense that it tells something about his position, age, etc. Surely, it is a proof that the Wraith know what art is and that maybe they express their individual character by wearing them.

Have you noticed that the queen in Submersion also had an earring? But it was completely different, looked more like a pin. Todd's/Gabriel's earring seemed much more artistic.
                        And we can see it in at least 2 episodes.

Icarium

Comment

I don´t say the actor look ugly I say the nose as Wraith look ugly.. Here the Imdb thread to Scott Heindl ( Archimedes, Karl) and I like his normal face

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3869482240/nm0374311

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0374311/

Specially with the black long hair.... grrr sexy

I also like Heyerdahl and Penny and Tinneer... but as Wraith this guys look better

But the best Wraith is James Lafazanos as Steve or Bob...

And I don´t see here a earring...

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
                            I don´t say the actor look ugly I say the nose as Wraith look ugly.. Here the Imdb thread to Scott Heindl ( Archimedes, Karl) and I like his normal face

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3869482240/nm0374311

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0374311/

Specially with the black long hair.... grrr sexy

I also like Heyerdahl and Penny and Trinneer... but as Wraith this guys look better

But the best Wraith is James Lafazanos as Steve or Bob...

And I don´t see here a earring...
                            Not bad, not bad. Nothing wrong in that area, let's say.

It's great they decide to do things differently and insert something the actor doesn't have...

/end, cos it's getting weird.

Oh, and I think that maybe my 'Kavanagh with a blonde wig' Human Wraith was Merrick, then?

We all prefer the ones we prefer, not much to say about that any more.

And yes, Todd has an earring in his left ear, I think. You can see it in 'The Seer' when the cloaked Puddle Jumpers make his hair fly up.

Comment

*Searches 4 picture*

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...4x08-0731.html

http://www.macsyourman.com/atlantis/...4x08-0732.html

There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                                2. About the tattoos. I've already said that I think they're for the top Wraith. Maybe after they made a discovery, or when they did a terrific job on something, defeated x number of Ancients, or whatever. Having a tattoo = being a big boy among the Wraith. Maybe the same is true for the earring? The more standing, the more you can have those things?
                                Would that be the same for the females? The 'Allies' Queen had a very elaborate tattoo but the 'Submersion' Queen didn't have one at all even though she was the head of a great alliance. The female caretaker in 'Rising' also lacked a tattoo even though she seemed to have a very responsible job.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X