Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn
    It's possible that there are more Wraith in another sector of the galaxy and their territory also contains human populated worlds. Part of the civil war could be these Wraith defending themselves against the hives in the Lantean sector. Todd's plan might have been wiping out all the other Wraith in just the Lantean sector because it would support a drastically reduced number of his species. Who knows? Everything has been left somewhat vague. The Wraith aren't going to stay a major threat for much longer the way they and their hive ships are being disposed of unless TPTB can produce more Wraith from somewhere else.
    Yeah - this is what I am hoping. I mean, since the Earthlings have arrived, they actually set off a genocide - not of re-awakened Wraith feeding on humans, but of humans - and others - killing off the Wraith. It's no good having a threatening enemy if they fail to impose any danger now.

I would love for it to be revealed that in another part of the galaxy, there are thousands of hives...all very, very hungry. But, at the same time, I am really liking the shaky alliance between Todd and the Lanteans, and would like to see such a thing continue indefinitely. But this would only be possible if a faction of the Wraith allied themselves with Atlantis.

Hunger would have to be a major part of it because there's no point having dreams and ambitions if you're going to die of starvation before you can achieve your aims. 'The Seer' gives us a clue as to what he could be after besides plentiful meals.

WRAITH: In my time as a prisoner among the Genii, I lost my position among Wraith. I still have a few loyal followers but nothing like the standing I once had.

WOOLSEY: So you're going to use this to leverage your way back in.

WRAITH: In a manner of speaking.

We now know what he meant by the last sentence. If the Asurans could be reprogrammed to stop their anti-Wraith activities he might have a good opportunity to get hold of some Z.P.M's for the cloning facility as well as saving some food supplies.
    Yup - it seems he's trying to regain his power...but is he also trying to CHANGE Wraith society? I mean...Wraith - in the past - have not worked like he has with humans. They've had their worshippers - but as far as I know, they have not had their allies. Is he crazy enough to suggest to his fellow Wraith that some humans are worth keeping alive - not for future feedings, but for an exchange of knowledge, and whatever else of benefit it may offer to both sides?

das
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Yup - it seems he's trying to regain his power...but is he also trying to CHANGE Wraith society? I mean...Wraith - in the past - have not worked like he has with humans. They've had their worshippers - but as far as I know, they have not had their allies. Is he crazy enough to suggest to his fellow Wraith that some humans are worth keeping alive - not for future feedings, but for an exchange of knowledge, and whatever else of benefit it may offer to both sides?

das
      Todd would be the best shot at ever having some sort of peace with the Wraith. If Shep were to suggest the Wraith providing their own food from then on (after the enemies have been defeated, and the remaining Wraith are under Todd's control) he might listen. Earth should have means to clone people, and there's also the possibility to make clones and turn them into humans, and feed on them, then. I think Todd understands there's way too many of them, and that they're too divided. He would make a very smart leader.

On the other hand, if Shep and his team were to gather themselves behind Todd to be the Wraith leader, maybe he'll turn against them at the end? If he makes it so that somewhere in the large galaxy some of his people are building enough ships and minions to defeat Atlantis... It could be quite a painful battle for the Lanteans.

Although Todd really appreciates Shep giving him his life back... But the 'debt' had been repaid after Todd gave Shep's life back... Yet he did think that Shep might save him again when he was in trouble from that other Hive... Is someone keeping score about whom now has to repay whom?

I really hope Todd is gonna be a good guy, mysterious, but ultimately good. Cos if I have him in my siggy, and he's bad, like Michael, what does that make me?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
        I really hope Todd is gonna be a good guy, mysterious, but ultimately good. Cos if I have him in my siggy, and he's bad, like Michael, what does that make me?

Pure, unadulterated evil.

And I agree - I want to see Todd ultimately be a good guy, but while raising lots of questions along the way. A character like this is BEST left to ride off into the sunset...leaving fans wondering what he's going to be up to next.

It wouldn't make sense to have him turn against humans - they already did that with Michael. I love the idea of of having Todd face off with Michael - only...only with a name like Todd, I'm not so sure he's gonna win....

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          Pure, unadulterated evil.

And I agree - I want to see Todd ultimately be a good guy, but while raising lots of questions along the way. A character like this is BEST left to ride off into the sunset...leaving fans wondering what he's going to be up to next.

It wouldn't make sense to have him turn against humans - they already did that with Michael. I love the idea of of having Todd face off with Michael - only...only with a name like Todd, I'm not so sure he's gonna win....

das
          Yup, a lot of people were upset they didn't understand what happened with Todd, and some even want him dead, but it's SO MUCH LIKE HIM to just do that! What was he gonna do? Say 'thank you'? Shake their hands? Hug them? He's still a Wraith. Like when the alliance was finished, no Wraith turned up at the meeting point, not even him. Why should he? "Think we really, really, really got them all?" would have been a pretty lame thing to say. And I doubt Rodney was meant to repair all 7 Hives and all the other ships that were present...

I hope we'll get some glimpses at what Todd's up to in the fifth season. Again, if someone can change things in the Pegasus Galaxy, it should be him.

I don't know what he'd feel when people told him what they did with/to Michael. He might see it as a feeding source, like that one Wraith Queen supposedly did, but part of him would just have to go all 'crap, that's what they can do already?', so yeah. Although I sure hope Todd knows they wouldn't do that to him. They, after all, let this Wraith go. They learned their lesson after Michael, I hope. (Although they imprisoned Todd for a pretty long while, no wonder he got hungry! And what did they even do with the Wraiths that were guarding Todd in "The Seer"? Shoot them? It wouldn't have been good for them to do that right in front of Todd's eyes.)

We should not let Michael know they named him Todd. Heck, Todd doesn't even know they named him Todd, right? Maybe they'll be keeping the names to themselves now.

I don't think that "Ace" has been confirmed as his actual name, right? Cos that's just what CH and the people from the make-up department call him? It would however be interesting to hear a Wraith name, should they have them. But it's probably a true honor to hear a Wraith's name, and might only be reserved for the closest ones to the certain Wraith. Who knows. Did someone ask Joe M yet?

Comment

*Post number 300*

I should go to bed...

Comment

I'm still hoping the Wraith just don't have names at all.

I don't really see the point of a race capable of telepathic communication having names. When "hey you" can instantaneously come across with a mental picture of exactly whom you're speaking about or to, vocal names seem highly superfluous.

L I V E J O U R N A L
              because I tend to disappear

Comment

*runs around* i actually drew a half decent wraith!!! woooo! and look! *points* HIS TATTOO IS RIGHT! i should go to bed......

Spoiler:

sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey
                  Yup, a lot of people were upset they didn't understand what happened with Todd, and some even want him dead,
                  WOT??!! They want him - DEAD??! He's about the most interesting character (other than the main team) that's been introduced since the show's begun (of what I have seen of the episodes - still a few missing).

I mean - just compare Todd to Halling. Same actor, but Halling really had NOTHING to do but stand there, and look worried. But Todd - wow...Todd's doing all sorts of interesting things. First, everything in Common Ground - excellent episode, and we learn SO much about him, and Wraith. Second, the camaraderie he's building with Rodney. Third, the leers and snarls between him and Rodney. Just lots of good stuff happening with this character, and I'd like to see it continue.

but it's SO MUCH LIKE HIM to just do that! What was he gonna do? Say 'thank you'? Shake their hands? Hug them? He's still a Wraith. Like when the alliance was finished, no Wraith turned up at the meeting point, not even him. Why should he? "Think we really, really, really got them all?" would have been a pretty lame thing to say. And I doubt Rodney was meant to repair all 7 Hives and all the other ships that were present...
                  Exactly - the Wraith know the humans 1. canNOT be trusted (Steve, Bob, Michael...), and 2. have lots of firepower, and 3. hate their guts. Why tempt fate when you can cut and run. Smart guys.

I hope we'll get some glimpses at what Todd's up to in the fifth season. Again, if someone can change things in the Pegasus Galaxy, it should be him.
                  Yeah, I agree. It doesn't always have to be the humans making the difference - it CAN be the 'natives' making the difference, with the humans helping out behind the scenes. I mean - I'd even be happy if Todd and Rodney put their heads together to find a way for Wraith to be able to survive on regular food...BUT without losing their taste for humans.

For instance, what if they discovered it was just an enzyme the Wraith were missing that prevented them from gaining nutrition from normal food? Give them the missing enzyme, and BAM! They can eat steak and potatoes. BUT...even though they can now live on normal food, they still hunger for humans, just like an alcoholic longs for a drink. They can control it, but every once in a while, a Wraith 'falls off the wagon', and chaos ensues.

It's just a thought...a way to allow a Wraith to remain in the good graces of humans, while still keeping him a dangerous, unpredictable character. BUT if they were to do something like that, I wouldn't want it to happen yet - a couple seasons down the road, maybe.

I don't know what he'd feel when people told him what they did with/to Michael. He might see it as a feeding source, like that one Wraith Queen supposedly did, but part of him would just have to go all 'crap, that's what they can do already?', so yeah. Although I sure hope Todd knows they wouldn't do that to him. They, after all, let this Wraith go. They learned their lesson after Michael, I hope. (Although they imprisoned Todd for a pretty long while, no wonder he got hungry! And what did they even do with the Wraiths that were guarding Todd in "The Seer"? Shoot them? It wouldn't have been good for them to do that right in front of Todd's eyes.)
                  Todd is smart. He's gathering his own intel, drawing conclusions from what he's learning. I think it's interesting how he's learned NOT to lash out like most Wraith usually do - and like he did with Sheppard in the cell in Common Ground. Ronon pushes his buttons, but Todd stays in control, calm...not doing anything to get himself shot. He knows he's got at least two weapons on him at any given time, so he knows the humans do not trust him, and will kill him in an instant. "I will die" - With those words he acknowledged how fragile the truce with Shep & Co. really is...

We should not let Michael know they named him Todd. Heck, Todd doesn't even know they named him Todd, right? Maybe they'll be keeping the names to themselves now.
                  Hope so...lol...I mean, 'Todd' has "stick a 'kick me' sign on my back" screaming all over it!

I don't think that "Ace" has been confirmed as his actual name, right? Cos that's just what CH and the people from the make-up department call him? It would however be interesting to hear a Wraith name, should they have them. But it's probably a true honor to hear a Wraith's name, and might only be reserved for the closest ones to the certain Wraith. Who knows. Did someone ask Joe M yet?
                  Dunno. I would love for a Wraith name to be just some sort of hissing sound like they make - something humans are unable to pronounce.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!
                    I'd like to join the Club. Bows to the one who came up with the idea

Icarium

Comment

welcome icarium! you'll be added to the list as soon as female wraith discoveres you've arrived
                      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

I have thought about Ace too and I think that he have his own plan withthe humans. I think the Wraith meet now a species of humans who have almost the same technologie like the Ancients. But there are no Ancients and they come from the earth. Perhaps Ace want know more about the humans from Lantiar/earth. I think Ace is somebody who want study the human behavior and the technologie. I think too that Rodney want the same... Know more about the Wraith. See the people in the Pegasus have most none great technologie. In the evolution of the pegasus galaxy the Ancients was the technical advances. The Other are in the "Dark age" or they have the technologie from 1870 (the first car on earth are building). I think such people are not interesting for the Wraith... And don´t forget that the people from the earth have the Ancients gen....

Oh a welcome from me too

Comment

I'm not so optimistic about Todd I seems to me that he gained a new aim in Millers Crossing which is getting the location of Earth. I was under the impression that he started to listen to Rodney when he heard 'Earth-made' and he realised that humans can be desperate enough to take him to Earth when they need. After MC he did nothing that would help us and didn't help him at the same time. He probably wants humans to trust him so that eventually he can get the location of Earth or even he has it already (he had a lot of computer access) and gathers strength before he tries to reach Earth.
                          And about wiping out the other Wraith... maybe he was just lying/telling what humans wanted to hear. He never explained why he should want to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarium
                            I'm not so optimistic about Todd I seems to me that he gained a new aim in Millers Crossing which is getting the location of Earth. I was under the impression that he started to listen to Rodney when he heard 'Earth-made' and he realised that humans can be desperate enough to take him to Earth when they need. After MC he did nothing that would help us and didn't help him at the same time. He probably wants humans to trust him so that eventually he can get the location of Earth or even he has it already (he had a lot of computer access) and gathers strength before he tries to reach Earth.
                            And about wiping out the other Wraith... maybe he was just lying/telling what humans wanted to hear. He never explained why he should want to do it.
                            Yes, I am afraid of this, too...and fear he's going to be the Wraith Ronon fights in Midway - I HOPE not...but...ugh. I keep thinking that it is his nature to feed...and if he knows of a new feeding ground, ripe for the pickings...ugh. I HOPE the writers are not taking him down that route...but it is something I am afraid of...afraid that his ultimate goal is to attack earth. It won't diminish how I feel about the character - lol - I'm ALL for him feeding to stay alive. But it will mean his certain death in the show, and for that I will mourn...

das
                            sigpic

Comment

i agree with both of you! i would mourn his passing. he is different to other wraith and if they do take him down that route then he will die a pitiful death. lets pray TPTB dont actually decide to kill him off so wastefully.
                              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

I've made a sig its not great but i had to make it as i could not get the idea out of my head.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X