Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol yes i have a picture of james as a wraith what you gona do sue me? haha
    the only person that could possibly remotly do that is the actual photogerpher that took the pictures with his/her camera or james him self and sees as both of them dont give a **** go screw urself the only person that i have thanked was james himself
    I WANT A WRAITH LOL

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
      ah yes. good. i saw quarentine last night. it was frankly a dissappointment to me.

Spoiler:
      it was basically a twisted version of 'hot zone' from season 1. the only good bits were seeing zelenka fall headfirst out of an airvent and the most interesting of all is the beacon. i wonder if someone did pick it up but was far too smart to go directly to the planet.
      Yeah i was kinda disappointed with the episode as well i guess it was bound to happen since we had some great episodes before it the only bit that i liked were the scenes where
      Spoiler:
      John and Teyla were stuck in McKay's lab but then i am a JT shipper so thats probably got something to do with why i love those bits.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
        Another possibility is that Todd was going to create an army of clones with some warriors he already had. His explanation concerning his ambitions is a little vague.

TODD: My intention was to create an army to wipe out the other Wraith, but I was betrayed by one of my crew. He informed another hive of my plans.

There's not much point wiping out all the other Wraith including the Queens unless you don't mind your species dying out. Having an army to wipe out the other Wraith could mean having something that a number of Wraith factions would want. If so, he could have intended to accept the offer of the highest bidder, the currency being power and status in this faction's society. One factor when choosing between bids is likely to be whether or not the faction making an offer had a Queen.
        Yes - see...I was actually going to start a thread on this - but you guys beat me to it...

WHO was Todd going to attack? 'The other Wraith?' - SIXTY hives?? Couldn't be that. He COULD have intended for 'his' 7 ships to go after the other 5 who didn't join in the fight. The beginnings of a Civil War - is THAT what Todd wants to start - a Wraith civil war? Is he looking for paybacks? Or does he have a different vision for the future of his species? So many questions.

About the Queen - she may have been on the other hive ship...probably was. Todd 1. needed the ZPMs, then 2. probably was to lay out his plan before those Wraith allied with him, from whose numbers he would find a queen.

We can assume that the hive ship that turned on him had the queen. Or, we can assume that the queen was in hibernation at the cloning facility - and she would have made a deal with whichever commander reached her first. Unfortunately, that wasn't Todd.

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by susanne
          ah yes. good. i saw quarentine last night. it was frankly a dissappointment to me.

Spoiler:
          it was basically a twisted version of 'hot zone' from season 1. the only good bits were seeing zelenka fall headfirst out of an airvent and the most interesting of all is the beacon. i wonder if someone did pick it up but was far too smart to go directly to the planet.

Yeah, a bit for me too - but that was only because there were no Wraith...

yes. I am obsessed.

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
            Another possibility is that Todd was going to create an army of clones with some warriors he already had. His explanation concerning his ambitions is a little vague.

TODD: My intention was to create an army to wipe out the other Wraith, but I was betrayed by one of my crew. He informed another hive of my plans.

There's not much point wiping out all the other Wraith including the Queens unless you don't mind your species dying out. Having an army to wipe out the other Wraith could mean having something that a number of Wraith factions would want. If so, he could have intended to accept the offer of the highest bidder, the currency being power and status in this faction's society. One factor when choosing between bids is likely to be whether or not the faction making an offer had a Queen.
            Do we know if it's possible to clone anything without already having a queen? I suppose I'm just thinking about the little of bee reproduction I know, but even that queen seemed to just be making drone warriors, so I would assume that it's not possible to do so without her.

The alliance idea could definitely be possible, but only if he already had some means of creating that army. Otherwise, it's far more likely that anyone approached would rather destroy him to prevent it.

@ Das, you should go start the thread, so that the discussion doesn't get buried. But assuming his army was large enough, I think he could have easily gone after all the other hive ships, if this strategy was enough to destroy the Ancients.

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
            @ Xerp which german word do you don´t understand? The words in my post here or the word at my homepage? So I can say excuse can you say it too??

Hm I wondering me that Michaels Hair don´t regrow??? And in Misbegotten all the "human" guys have white hair and no blond, brown or black hair...
            Maybe it just doesn't grow out quickly? Afterwards, perhaps, he preferred it shorter as another sign that he wasn't like other Wraith anymore.

Originally posted by wraith_ownage View Post
            lol yes i have a picture of james as a wraith what you gona do sue me? haha
            the only person that could possibly remotly do that is the actual photogerpher that took the pictures with his/her camera or james him self and sees as both of them dont give a **** go screw urself the only person that i have thanked was james himself
            Could you both please just stop it now?

L I V E J O U R N A L
            because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna

@ Das, you should go start the thread, so that the discussion doesn't get buried. But assuming his army was large enough, I think he could have easily gone after all the other hive ships, if this strategy was enough to destroy the Ancients.
              In the SoW forum, or here?

das
              sigpic

Comment

Here, I think.

L I V E J O U R N A L
                because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  WHO was Todd going to attack? 'The other Wraith?' - SIXTY hives?? Couldn't be that.
                  It was established that there were 60 hives in the Lantean sector of the Pegasus galaxy early in Season One. Since then a number of the them have been destroyed in various stories. We don't know how many have been lost due to the Asurans or Wraith fighting between themselves on top of that.

The beginnings of a Civil War - is THAT what Todd wants to start - a Wraith civil war? Is he looking for paybacks? Or does he have a different vision for the future of his species? So many questions.
                  Going by what we've been told so far, the Wraith are already having a civil war over food shortages. Todd doesn't need to start one.

We can assume that the hive ship that turned on him had the queen. Or, we can assume that the queen was in hibernation at the cloning facility - and she would have made a deal with whichever commander reached her first. Unfortunately, that wasn't Todd.
                  I think it's more likely that she was on the other ship. When she's woken up the Wraith technician (or whatever he was) says -

WRAITH: You have done well. The second batch of warriors is flawless.

If she and the Wraith she's with had been the facility's staff during the Lantean war they'd have had a lot of experience with creating warriors. You'd think they'd have produced a flawless batch at the first attempt. None of her Wraith knew enough about the technology to make a necessary recalibration either.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn
                    It was established that there were 60 hives in the Lantean sector of the Pegasus galaxy early in Season One. Since then a number of the them have been destroyed in various stories. We don't know how many have been lost due to the Asurans or Wraith fighting between themselves on top of that.
                    I thought, though - that it wasn't established as FACT that there were only 60 hives - just that there were 60 mentioned in that one bit of data they retreived. Couldn't there be far more - I mean, a galaxy is a very big place to hide.

Going by what we've been told so far, the Wraith are already having a civil war over food shortages. Todd doesn't need to start one.
                    Okay - maybe not start one, but add to the mess already going on. Is he driven by hunger (less of them means more for me), or something else? Ambition? A dream?

I think it's more likely that she was on the other ship. When she's woken up the Wraith technician (or whatever he was) says -

WRAITH: You have done well. The second batch of warriors is flawless.

If she and the Wraith she's with had been the facility's staff during the Lantean war they'd have had a lot of experience with creating warriors. You'd think they'd have produced a flawless batch at the first attempt. None of her Wraith knew enough about the technology to make a necessary recalibration either.
                    Ah, yes, yes, yes. You are correct...forgot to read between all the lines...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

I have read that the Figure of Michael and Todd/Ace/Gabriel are in one episode together ... I ask me if they are friends or not... What do you think do Michael if he know Ace/Todd work together with Shepp and co?? And a other Question is why the hives without a Queen follow Todd/Ace???

@Wraith Ownage Here I create a Signature for you... I hope you like it:
                      Last edited by Degilwen; 23 January 2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                        Do we know if it's possible to clone anything without already having a queen? I suppose I'm just thinking about the little of bee reproduction I know, but even that queen seemed to just be making drone warriors, so I would assume that it's not possible to do so without her.
                        All we know of the process is the following.

TODD: The Queen creates a handful of warriors, each of which is then reproduced thousands of times over. This is a cloning facility.

and

WRAITH: We now have a suitable genetic template with which to proceed to the next phase.

Phase one was creating the genetic template so phase two must have been the actual cloning according to Todd. The Queen says she must regain her strength by feeding but we don't know if she needed that strength in order to participate in the cloning side of things as well. Maybe phase two just needed a genetic template to work with. If so, it could be the case that a first generation copy is superior to a copy of a copy but second generation copies are better than nothing if you don't have a Queen at hand.

In SG1, Ba'al cloned himself plus human host although we don't know how many copies he made. As he's a Goa'uld and there are no Wraith Queens in the Milky Way we know that the latter aren't essential when it comes to cloning technology in the Stargate universe.

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                        The alliance idea could definitely be possible, but only if he already had some means of creating that army. Otherwise, it's far more likely that anyone approached would rather destroy him to prevent it.
                        All we know is that Todd was betrayed by one of his crew members before he was able to create his army and the Queen intended to dispose of him once he'd done the recalibrating. If he had been able to create his army, though, he'd have been in a strong position except for one small problem. How many hive ships did he have at his disposal? It's not much use having tens of thousands of cloned warriors if you don't have hives, battle cruisers, darts and weapons to arm your warriors with. Why would other factions bid for the goods if they could just take them because Todd didn't have the big guns to stop this from happening? This brings us back to his statement - "My intention was to create an army to wipe out the other Wraith.." Maybe he's already allied with a faction and they're the ones he was hoping to create an army for. On the other hand there's his other statement - "I still have a few loyal followers but nothing like the standing I once had." As he doesn't supply facts and figures here, 'few' could simply be relative to what he had before but still a large number, really.

Originally posted by dasNdanger
                        I thought, though - that it wasn't established as FACT that there were only 60 hives - just that there were 60 mentioned in that one bit of data they retreived. Couldn't there be far more - I mean, a galaxy is a very big place to hide.
                        It's possible that there are more Wraith in another sector of the galaxy and their territory also contains human populated worlds. Part of the civil war could be these Wraith defending themselves against the hives in the Lantean sector. Todd's plan might have been wiping out all the other Wraith in just the Lantean sector because it would support a drastically reduced number of his species. Who knows? Everything has been left somewhat vague. The Wraith aren't going to stay a major threat for much longer the way they and their hive ships are being disposed of unless TPTB can produce more Wraith from somewhere else.

Originally posted by dasNdanger
                        Okay - maybe not start one, but add to the mess already going on. Is he driven by hunger (less of them means more for me), or something else? Ambition? A dream?
                        Hunger would have to be a major part of it because there's no point having dreams and ambitions if you're going to die of starvation before you can achieve your aims. 'The Seer' gives us a clue as to what he could be after besides plentiful meals.

WRAITH: In my time as a prisoner among the Genii, I lost my position among Wraith. I still have a few loyal followers but nothing like the standing I once had.

WOOLSEY: So you're going to use this to leverage your way back in.

WRAITH: In a manner of speaking.

We now know what he meant by the last sentence. If the Asurans could be reprogrammed to stop their anti-Wraith activities he might have a good opportunity to get hold of some Z.P.M's for the cloning facility as well as saving some food supplies.
                        Last edited by ciannwn; 23 January 2008, 02:36 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Greeting I hope I am not late on applying to be apart of the Wraith' Defenders club. If so I apologized a follower of Stargate Atlantis gave me this site on others who appreciate the wraith.
                          I hope I'm not intruding in a conversation again I apologized

TheWraithSteve
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWraithSteve View Post
                            Greeting I hope I am not late on applying to be apart of the Wraith' Defenders club. If so I apologized a follower of Stargate Atlantis gave me this site on others who appreciate the wraith.
                            I hope I'm not intruding in a conversation again I apologized

TheWraithSteve
                            You may join in and bump at any time! I just started posting here, myself, without an introduction or something else, lol!

Welcome.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

@ TheWraithSteve You are never to late .... Welcome here

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post
                                @ TheWraithSteve You are never to late .... Welcome here

*Asks one who did my siggy if there's room for Todd on the right side*

If not, I'm gonna poke someone to make it happen.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                                X