Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
    And because the SGA writers didn't develop the Wraith as a culture we have such wonderfully pliable raw material to work with!
    Todd: Raw, yes, but pliable...?

Steve: I'm as pliable as TP wants me to be!

Todd: Ah yes, I see... but I think you mean FLEXIBLE!!!!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
      The thing is they have other franchises that are far more lucrative than SGA, and if they are putting James Bond on hold then I would consider it unlikely they are willing to put money into a project that's prolly not gonna raise as much revenue. They have also ploughed a great deal into SGU, hung much on its success, and if that fails then they really are further up the proverbial poop creek without a paddle than we could have imagined.

Face it, fellow Worshippers, if we want the Wraith then [B]we[B] have to keep 'em going by writing and thinking about them.
      At the moment, yes, but who knows what will happen when things turn better? The hope is feeble but as long as there will be a strict no, the hope will be there!

At the mean time: thinking, drawing and writing the Wraith ^^ (Well, I let drawing to more talented )

And then my stupid question of the day. I have been thinking this weeks: how is a word wraith written? With capital letter or without? I have seen both and I don't know which one is right. I know, with my grammar errors it doesn't stick out, but I want to know

Comment

Face it, fellow Worshippers, if we want the Wraith then we have to keep 'em going by writing and thinking about them.
        Then i will keep making these videos (ciannwn gave me the idea)

Comment

Originally posted by WraithSlave View Post
          Spoiler:
          You made great videos. I love it.
          sigpic

Comment

If that's what's on Kenny's iPod I'm gonna have to reprogram it in the time honoured fashion that uses a hammer.
            Last edited by Isolde; 06 May 2010, 01:47 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Face it, fellow Worshippers, if we want the Wraith then we have to keep 'em going by writing and thinking about them.
              Reporting for duty! *salutes*

May our writing and drawing passions and, of course, video-making and costume passions be eternally inspired by the awesomeness that is the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                At the moment, yes, but who knows what will happen when things turn better? The hope is feeble but as long as there will be a strict no, the hope will be there!

At the mean time: thinking, drawing and writing the Wraith ^^ (Well, I let drawing to more talented )

And then my stupid question of the day. I have been thinking this weeks: how is a word wraith written? With capital letter or without? I have seen both and I don't know which one is right. I know, with my grammar errors it doesn't stick out, but I want to know
                Ahem... *puts editor's hat on*

IMHO it doesn't really matter. Some people argue that the word denotes their race and so should have a capital - Wraith, as in Na'vi or Navajo. Other people (myself included) argue that the word is simply what their species is called and so should not have a capital - wraith, as in humans or sheep.
                As with many things in the English language - which is constantly evolving and changing - there is room for manoeuvre and opinion, so I would say go with whatever you're comfortable with.

The only thing I would say is that I've always considered the word to be unaltered by pluralisation - one wraith, two wraith as in a flock of sheep, since two wraiths sounds as odd as a flock of sheeps.
                That may be because of my Celtic background, where wraith are spectral beings and more than one wraith are still just several wraith.
                Em... hope that makes sense!
                sigpic

Comment

Your videos are getting better and better Keep making them!

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

Em... hope that makes sense!
                  Makes sense, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
                    Sadly our numbers here seem to be dwindling too! But I totally agree with Iz - if we want Wraith entertainment we're going to have to write/imagine it ourselves.
                    It's funny, 'cause the Wraith group on dA has more members than ever
                    Ah but those of us who are left have very healthy imaginations

Todd: Oh, indeed - VERY healthy
                    *evil laugh*
                    *rofl* I nearly spat my cake out all over the keyboard Greened

The only thing I would say is that I've always considered the word to be unaltered by pluralisation - one wraith, two wraith as in a flock of sheep, since two wraiths sounds as odd as a flock of sheeps.
                    I always thought it was the same singular as plural. I think by giving the Wraith a capital letter it's more about representing all that they represent, not just the name of their race. Plus, I have the novellisation of Rising and it's spelt with a capital in there.

Comment

Thanks, TP ^^

Spoiler:

GW doens't let me green you but oh I laughed! Thanks to this vid, I have energy and good humor to do all the school work I have to do today ^^ And I didn't want to do any of it! (Why does the best inspiration always hit when you don't have time to write...?)

Comment

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

OMG that was just TOOOOOOOO funny! And I am sooooo gonna confiscate Kenny's iPod!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, TP ^^

[/spoiler]

GW doens't let me green you but oh I laughed! Thanks to this vid, I have energy and good humor to do all the school work I have to do today ^^ And I didn't want to do any of it! (Why does the best inspiration always hit when you don't have time to write...?)
                          It's a little thing known as 'sod's law'

Comment

Or Murphy's Law up north and in Ireland!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks, TP ^^

[/spoiler]

Make notes!!!!
                              Always keep a notebook in your handbag/purse/pocket/beside your bed/in your desk at work/or all of the above... that way when inspiration strikes you can scribble it down - you ALWAYS have time to scribble a few keywords!
                              sigpic

Comment

Then i will keep making these videos
                                That's very funny WS - please make more...

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                                It's funny, 'cause the Wraith group on dA has more members than ever
                                Another Wraith group - I've been very slow - do you have a hyperlink to the dA group PA?

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                                I always thought it was the same singular as plural. I think by giving the Wraith a capital letter it's more about representing all that they represent, not just the name of their race. Plus, I have the novellisation of Rising and it's spelt with a capital in there.
                                I agree - I've always capitalise it for the same reason.

Make notes!!!!
                                Always keep a notebook in your handbag/purse/pocket/beside your bed/in your desk at work/or all of the above... that way when inspiration strikes you can scribble it down - you ALWAYS have time to scribble a few keywords!
                                This is really good advice - I'm now on to my second notebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X