Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solla View Post
    You have mentioned about international audience visiting this thread... well... it would be great if our native English speakers could explain some slang expressions they use in their posts.
    Thank you for understanding .
    Happy to help here - please let me know if I use anything that's not clear.

Mind you, as an Australian I have to admit there's some slang used in other parts of the English-speaking world that I don't understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Solla View Post
      You have mentioned about international audience visiting this thread... well... it would be great if our native English speakers could explain some slang expressions they use in their posts.
      Thank you for understanding .
      No problem, hon! All you have to do is ask!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
        Yep ... especially when he's navigating those 'executive meetings'...
        Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Steve: Funny how you can never get hold of the Commander recently...

Kenny: yep, he's almost permanently in meetings these days!
        Originally posted by Trillian52 View Post
        Steve: Commander, you look a little peaky - would you like me to attend that meeting for you?

Todd: Ask that again and you'll be back on Atlantis.
        *takes Steve off for a private one-on-one meeting*
        "Heehee..We queens love our 'executive meetings'"- Queen Malka

"Commander that have Queens like mine and TP, don't generally complain at all. We just are hard to get a hold of sometimes." -Commander Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
          I do apologise to everyone who feels excluded, it has to seem like gibberish.

Just to clear things up: The song degilwen translated is from a german movie that spoofs Star Trek as well as Star Wars. The movie is called (T)raumschiff Surprise. For more information about the movie see wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traumsc...se_-_Periode_1

I don't want to offend anyone but I'd like to point out that there is no need to imply clique-ness for my post because there have often been insider jokes about TV shows, random everyday objects or food items which are very specific to a certain region, country or continent and no one has ever objected before. Or sometimes there are insider jokes about things from a past decade that younger people can't possible comprehend. As you said yourself we're from all over the world so it's natural that not everyone gets every joke that is made. Sorry again if I have offended anyone.
          Hi

I have read this and I say sorry if I hurt someone with my jokes. I don´t want hurt anybody.... I hope you forgive me

So I have a Question. What´s the Name from this Wraith?:

Spoiler:
          http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=230468&fullsize=1

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post

That´s Spike from "Vegas".
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Degilwen View Post

Spoiler:
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=230468&fullsize=1
              Yep, that's Spike from Vegas in his human disguise... personally, I much prefer him in his wraithie glory...

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Hey folks. I'm not sure if this was the best place for this. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback with something. I began writing a Stargate Atlantis fanfic a little while ago. Its in the fanfic section here called "The Price of Struggle." (Tentative Title) It's post EATG. I'm looking at it as the first draft so I could get some helpful feedback before I post it to somewhere like "Fanfiction.net". The reason I ask here is because Chapter 2 features a reintroduction of Todd, I was curious if some of the people with a particular interest in the character such as any in the Wraith Defenders Club thought I captured him well.

You can read the rest if you want, but at this point I was just curious if you thought I did Todd justice.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  Hey folks. I'm not sure if this was the best place for this. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback with something. I began writing a Stargate Atlantis fanfic a little while ago. Its in the fanfic section here called "The Price of Struggle." (Tentative Title) It's post EATG. I'm looking at it as the first draft so I could get some helpful feedback before I post it to somewhere like "Fanfiction.net". The reason I ask here is because Chapter 2 features a reintroduction of Todd, I was curious if some of the people with a particular interest in the character such as any in the Wraith Defenders Club thought I captured him well.

You can read the rest if you want, but at this point I was just curious if you thought I did Todd justice.
                  Well, reading your chap with Todd put a wry smile on my face - and that's usually the effect tricksie Todd has on me, so that's a good start.
                  I agree that Todd would be condescending (not condensing- you need to proof read! ) toward humans, not so much in general but certainly toward the IOA - I think Todd has some understanding of human politics and how those in charge are not those with the brains or the wherewithall!
                  He would also try to bargain his way out of captivity by dangling carrots in front of the humans, and you've left me wanting to read on to find out what tricksie Todd is up to here...

So, all in all, you've got me hooked!
                  sigpic

Comment

read all 3 chapter. Todd you really caught his character very well. Tricky Tod is back.
                    Only problem I can see, is it not finished yet. So get going and lets het them all back to the Galaxy they belong in.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Thought I would drop off this little bit of wraithy silliness. Since we have had a couple re-writes on songs:

Wraith version: of Fly me to the Moon
                      originally by Frank Sinatra’s:

Fly me to the moon
                      Let me feast among those stars
                      Let me see what you taste like
                      On Jupiter and mars

In other words, hold my hand
                      In other words, baby feed me

Fill my heart with song
                      Let me sing forever more
                      You are all I hunger for
                      I am all you worship and adore

In other words, please be true
                      In other words, I need you

There is a story behind the inspiration to re-write this song. It involves me and my hubby going to a jazz concert. And the signer saying that this song was dedicated to "Todd." And my hubby being on the same page as me, and doing the wraith hand motion right after the lady said Todd. Yeah for dorky wraith moments.

Comment

I think you did a good job with everyone's voice... cannot wait to read more!
                        WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                        "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                        "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                        - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Hi there, I just came up with some new Wraith siggys, so here are my creations, I hope you like them and if you all can snurch them!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
                          http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by QueenMalka View Post
                            Thought I would drop off this little bit of wraithy silliness. Since we have had a couple re-writes on songs:

Wraith version: of Fly me to the Moon
                            originally by Frank Sinatra’s:

Fly me to the moon
                            Let me feast among those stars
                            Let me see what you taste like
                            On Jupiter and mars

In other words, hold my hand
                            In other words, baby feed me

Fill my heart with song
                            Let me sing forever more
                            You are all I hunger for
                            I am all you worship and adore

In other words, please be true
                            In other words, I need you

There is a story behind the inspiration to re-write this song. It involves me and my hubby going to a jazz concert. And the signer saying that this song was dedicated to "Todd." And my hubby being on the same page as me, and doing the wraith hand motion right after the lady said Todd. Yeah for dorky wraith moments.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

@ Nanjana
                              Oooooohhhh, yummy! *snurches Steve* Thanks!
                              sigpic

Comment

@ Nanjana
                                Oooooohhhh, yummy! *snurches Steve* Thanks!
                                Your welcome, great that you like Steve!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
                                http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X