Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Poor Gawain. I'll have to give him a cuddle to warm him up when he gets back.

Spoiler:
    Now this is really cool, Ciannwn!! I love this!!
    sigpic
    Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
      Now this is really cool, Ciannwn!! I love this!!
      Thank you.
      sigpic

Comment

The way I see it, heroism in SGA was defined as running around with guns and causing big explosions.
        I read somewhere (here?) that Joe Mallozzi had an idea for a script where the SGA team found a facility containing a number of young wraith queens, which was rejected because it didn't give the heroes the chance to do anything heroic. Either they'd be letting wraith live, or killing children. I'm quite sure that Shep & co would have no compunction about killing juvenile wraith, and would in fact consider it a job well done, but I guess the writers were always trying to guess at what their audience would consider to be heroic, or at least acceptable. So, perhaps they were assuming that that the majority of their viewers were young and/or unsophisticated?

To me, there's something neurotic about the assumption that there can only be exciting stories when the 'good guys' are beset by enemies and blowing things up; as if war were the most exciting thing in the world...

Comment

Neo in World Of Warcraft

Spoiler:
          Good job Neo got his goggles he be blinded by that bright blue sky.

Like Todd on Destiny. He looks as if he belongs there. You opened up a whole new world for us. Keep em coming please puppy eyes please.

MCH
          sigpic
          Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Spoiler:

lucky you. getting the job of warming him up. But fairs fairs you did the art work so you get to warm him up.

MCH
            sigpic

Comment

So how about Todd in that pretty graveyard again?

Spoiler:
              Oh a bling bling Todd, help where are my sunglasses?

MCH
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                He looks great with that background, keep it up, the snow effect looks great with the wraith
                The harvest moon is rising
                Wraith are never-ending

Comment

Originally posted by PleiadesAltariel View Post
                  LOL! I could just imagine Craig with sparkles
                  I'm thinking that poor, unwashed Greg could use some bling too. He seemed to like those shiny bug things...

Comment

Found a nice drawing of Todd, not sure if it's been linked here or not?
                    http://bohemianweasel.deviantart.com...tudy-129340777

Also, a fan (Jedi40 on Gateworld, I believe) posted some vids of Chris Heyerdahl talking about Todd and other roles from Shoreleave:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJxeY...eature=channel
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxh41...eature=channel
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaZyC...eature=channel
                    Last edited by Lythisrose; 17 July 2009, 08:10 PM. Reason: added links
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vanillavamp View Post
                      I read somewhere (here?) that Joe Mallozzi had an idea for a script where the SGA team found a facility containing a number of young wraith queens, which was rejected because it didn't give the heroes the chance to do anything heroic. Either they'd be letting wraith live, or killing children.
                      I remember reading the above somewhere in the GW forums.

I'm quite sure that Shep & co would have no compunction about killing juvenile wraith, and would in fact consider it a job well done,
                      It's difficult to say with Sheppard because he took Todd to a planet where he could be picked up by other Wraith at the end of Common Ground. Ronon would have no problem with it while Teyla could have mixed feelings.

Going by what the Expedition has done so far, the 'solution' would be taking the children back to Atlantis for 'gene therapy' research. Everyone would justify it as being for the children's own good as well as for human benefit. Sheppard would then shelve the problem until the first young Queen reached feeding age and everyone knew whether the therapy worked or not.

The above is unlikely to have been a popular story arc with a lot of fans seeing as many people were against Steve and Michael being experimented on without their consent.

but I guess the writers were always trying to guess at what their audience would consider to be heroic, or at least acceptable. So, perhaps they were assuming that that the majority of their viewers were young and/or unsophisticated?
                      SGU is supposed to be aimed at a 'younger' age group so it's going to be darker and character driven with story arcs in order to attract them.

To me, there's something neurotic about the assumption that there can only be exciting stories when the 'good guys' are beset by enemies and blowing things up; as if war were the most exciting thing in the world...
                      I think it's certainly neurotic when the viewers are expected to regard the opposition as nothing more than cannon fodder.

A friend of mine regards the Wraith as having had the potential to be one of the most fascinating alien races to ever turn up in a sci-fi show. She, like myself, wishes that they'd been invented by the Star Trek writers who were never afraid to go into moral issues etc.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                        Good job Neo got his goggles he be blinded by that bright blue sky.

Like Todd on Destiny. He looks as if he belongs there.

You opened up a whole new world for us. Keep em coming please puppy eyes please.
                        I'll try but I'm getting down to the really bad quality Wraith pics. Other pics have the heads cut off or show them to just below the shoulders so they're only good for portraits.

Originally posted by vanillavamp
                        I'm thinking that poor, unwashed Greg could use some bling too. He seemed to like those shiny bug things...
                        You could always see what you can come up with. The site's free to use if you don't mind having their logo on your pics -

http://blingee.com/

Originally posted by Hive Queen
                        He looks great with that background, keep it up, the snow effect looks great with the wraith
                        The problem is finding pics of Wraith which look good on a snowy background. I've got one I could use, though, so I'll have a go later on today.

Originally posted by Lythisrose
                        Found a nice drawing of Todd, not sure if it's been linked here or not?
                        http://bohemianweasel.deviantart.com...tudy-129340777
                        That really is a nice drawing. It's great to know there are other Wraith fans out there even if they don't post in the WDC.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've had an idea for a fanfic story for some time now, its about a young wraith Queen who is captured by the Genii and is tortured and experimented upon before escaping and taking command of her own hive, the story would begin 4 years before the Atlantis expedition arrived in Pegasus, and would continue during the wraith civil war following the awakening.

Its not in story format yet but I have a lot of ideas and I should be able to cook something up soon...
                          The harvest moon is rising
                          Wraith are never-ending

Comment

Originally posted by Hive Queen View Post
                            I've had an idea for a fanfic story for some time now, its about a young wraith Queen who is captured by the Genii and is tortured and experimented upon before escaping and taking command of her own hive, the story would begin 4 years before the Atlantis expedition arrived in Pegasus, and would continue during the wraith civil war following the awakening.

Its not in story format yet but I have a lot of ideas and I should be able to cook something up soon...
                            Sounds like a very interesting plot. Where will you be posting it when you've written it?

Now for another poor Wraith caught in a snowstorm. This time it's Phineas.

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

So how about Todd in that pretty graveyard again?

Spoiler:
                              Ha-ha-ha! Pink heart over the tomb It was evil, evil

Spoiler:
                              Now for another poor Wraith caught in a snowstorm. This time it's Phineas.

Spoiler:
                              Actually it's summer outside But they are so lovely. Like someone has already said, we could have pretty wraith Xmas & New Year cards
                              ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

I also want to say hello to the newbies and welcome to the WDC
                                ~ Created by Draygon ~

Comment

Working...
                                X