Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wriathlord View Post
    that would explain why the ships are so dark their eyes have gotten used to that ?
    i thought his sunny's were for like night vision googles or something maybe its easier to track prey that way

Comment

that would explain why the ships are so dark their eyes have gotten used to that ?
      May be the Wraith are like the cats - they see in light and dark but prefer gloomy light.
      LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
      Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
      http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
      My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
        I don't know is it possible to clone a body without a brain? And I remembered the Queen in the Hive said: I shall save to taste of your defiance. To feed upon clone is like to eat a fake meal.
        There was a blank Asguard clone that that rich guy used in that one episode to try and expose the SGC. Remember when Sam had to go on the news and try to sell the idea that it was just a hologram. The Wraith might not like the taste of these replacments but if the queens are already starving they'll have no choice. Improving the flavour is probably something that could easily be done by tinkering with the technology to. This is the sort of thing where having Wraith scientists helping becomes so important.

As for the light/dark thing I'd say the way they keep their ships seems to pretty much prove that they prefer less standard light than humans. The only full scale Wraith culling we've seen also took place at night.

Presumably if those things on their faces are viper pits, and in combination with their superior night vision, they would have significant advantages hunting in the dark.

Comment

LOL. You succeeded watching Vala so long??? May be you have some Wraith DNA to be so strong!
          We "discuss" the episodes in a live chat and I am not the only one, who dislikes Valas character... Sometimes it is quiet funny (no, sometimes we are not very polite).
          And as a fan I have to go through that, because I want to know all SG1 and SGA episodes.

Maybe we have all a little bit Wraith DNA in us?
          I got a self-made huge poster from BOB as a birthday present from some friends... My parents visited me a week later, my mother looked at the poster and said: "Uh... What ´s that for a ugly person?!?" LOL I do not think, that I have that DNA from her
          Wraith are not evil... they are simply hungry .
          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by areghnatha View Post
            We "discuss" the episodes in a live chat and I am not the only one, who dislikes Valas character... Sometimes it is quiet funny (no, sometimes we are not very polite).
            And as a fan I have to go through that, because I want to know all SG1 and SGA episodes.

Maybe we have all a little bit Wraith DNA in us?
            I got a self-made huge poster from BOB as a birthday present from some friends... My parents visited me a week later, my mother looked at the poster and said: "Uh... What ´s that for a ugly person?!?" LOL I do not think, that I have that DNA from her
            LOL.LOL.LOL. Who knows? May be some Wraith scientist had experimented with your Father's Ancestors))) Or may be there is something...um...you know...Ancient+Wraith !
            I wonder is it possible a human to has a child from Wraith??
            LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
            My fan fiction

Comment

LOL.LOL.LOL. Who knows? May be some Wraith scientist had experimented with your Father's Ancestors))) Or may be there is something...um...you know...Ancient+Wraith !
              I wonder is it possible a human to has a child from Wraith??
              that would be cool but weird , but hey anything is possible...

Comment

Here's the quote:

Since we are not yet comfortable with the idea that people from the next village are as human as ourselves, it is presumptuous in the extreme to suppose that we could ever look at sociable, tool-making creatures who arose from other evolutionary paths and see not beasts but brothers, not rivals but fellow pilgrims journeying to the shrine of intelligence.
                Yet that is what I see, or yearn to see. The difference between raman and varelse is not in the creature judged, but in the creature judging. When we declare an alien species to be raman, it does not mean they have passed a threshold of moral maturity. It means we have.

Demosthenes—Letter to the Framlings (Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card)

If anyone's wondering, Raman is the term he used for an alien species with which there was the possibility of cooperation, while varelse was used for those with whom war was the only option.

Long live the Wraith!

Comment

there was a thread on the forum about a human wraith relationship called wraith kiss just thought i metion it

Comment

No Wraith on Season4- that has made me mad. Why?? I want the Wraith- Atlantis is nothing without them, those beautiful dangerous, gorgeous people. They can- pardon me- stick the new enemies where the sun is not expected to be illuminating.

Why reject such a lively vital kind of people- maybe we should join forces with the Carson Beckett followers who are having the same done ro their subject of Devotion. Keep the Wraith!

I hated what was done to Steve- he was the first to suffer the dubious morals of humanity. What was done to Michael was not compassion but Self righteousness.

The retrovirus is immoral insanity and if the Wraith have join against the new enemy let it be as themselves not as some neutered human pets that will never be equal in the human eyes of Atlantis.

Hmmm I wouldnt mind forming a human /Wraith partnership- all my stories are written about such a relationships- I need a kick up the bum to get them on the net.

As a child i used to be able to see the dark and i often know when peopleare about to visit or ring. I used to be able to tell from auras people's health state and things about them and - maybe there's a bit of wraith in me- to which i would not say no- -Bad girl there!!
                    We are angels of death in black leather
                    Your demons without wings, we glide
                    We are angels in black with a hunger
                    Not your sheep to change or guide.
                    We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Nice post, Kaeyla.

I am currently happy to walk around outside at 10pm, no moon, lots of clouds, w/out a flashlight. My brother asked me the other day if lights were against my religion.

How many people do we have on here now? Never enough.

Anyone have any comments about the quote I put on?

Kaelya, I am kicking your virtual bum-post the stuff!

Then I'll have to post mine too, I suppose. Though I'm overly analytical, and will check it too many times before I get it on. Ever since my novellettes class got done, I've lacked motivation.

I've got a couple wraithy drawing projects too-if anyone wants to see them.

Long live the Wraith!

Comment

Originally posted by Isil'zha View Post
                        Nice post, Kaeyla.

I am currently happy to walk around outside at 10pm, no moon, lots of clouds, w/out a flashlight. My brother asked me the other day if lights were against my religion.

How many people do we have on here now? Never enough.

Anyone have any comments about the quote I put on?

Kaelya, I am kicking your virtual bum-post the stuff!

Then I'll have to post mine too, I suppose. Though I'm overly analytical, and will check it too many times before I get it on. Ever since my novellettes class got done, I've lacked motivation.

I've got a couple wraithy drawing projects too-if anyone wants to see them.

Long live the Wraith!
                        I like that quote - this part "raman and varelse is not in the creature judged, but in the creature judging." is very true! The wraith are judged, not by fact, but by speculation on a great many things. I think that is why I liked Common Ground so much because it confirmed that.

Yes Kaelya - I'm kicking your virutual bum too! You are a very talanted writer - and artist! For those of you who need some samples - go to the "All Wraith Thunk thread". The discussions on Steve make you think you are reading....well - go see!

I'd love to see some drawings and stories. We sure arn't getting much from the show these days - even for those of you who can see the shows from the 2nd part of season 3 - I'm not hearing about any Wraith!! I have to wait till March to not see any wraith so bring them on!
                        Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
                        http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Originally posted by Isil'zha View Post
                          Here's the quote:

Since we are not yet comfortable with the idea that people from the next village are as human as ourselves, it is presumptuous in the extreme to suppose that we could ever look at sociable, tool-making creatures who arose from other evolutionary paths and see not beasts but brothers, not rivals but fellow pilgrims journeying to the shrine of intelligence.
                          Yet that is what I see, or yearn to see. The difference between raman and varelse is not in the creature judged, but in the creature judging. When we declare an alien species to be raman, it does not mean they have passed a threshold of moral maturity. It means we have.

Demosthenes—Letter to the Framlings (Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card)

If anyone's wondering, Raman is the term he used for an alien species with which there was the possibility of cooperation, while varelse was used for those with whom war was the only option.

Long live the Wraith!
                          A remarkable quote! Only with a few words you explain what lies in the human xenophobia! Amazing

there was a thread on the forum about a human wraith relationship called wraith kiss just thought i metion it
                          Could you give me a link to this thread?

Originally posted by kaeyla View Post
                          No Wraith on Season4- that has made me mad. Why?? I want the Wraith- Atlantis is nothing without them, those beautiful dangerous, gorgeous people. They can- pardon me- stick the new enemies where the sun is not expected to be illuminating.

Why reject such a lively vital kind of people- maybe we should join forces with the Carson Beckett followers who are having the same done ro their subject of Devotion. Keep the Wraith!

I hated what was done to Steve- he was the first to suffer the dubious morals of humanity. What was done to Michael was not compassion but Self righteousness.

The retrovirus is immoral insanity and if the Wraith have join against the new enemy let it be as themselves not as some neutered human pets that will never be equal in the human eyes of Atlantis.

Hmmm I wouldnt mind forming a human /Wraith partnership- all my stories are written about such a relationships- I need a kick up the bum to get them on the net.
                          As a child i used to be able to see the dark and i often know when peopleare about to visit or ring. I used to be able to tell from auras people's health state and things about them and - maybe there's a bit of wraith in me- to which i would not say no- -Bad girl there!!
                          Hey, calm down It is not confirmed that there will be no Wraith in Season 4. And I want to see your storeis! Please get them to the net. Or if you wish you could post a shorter story here? It will be very interesting to read it
                          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                          My fan fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            There was a blank Asguard clone that that rich guy used in that one episode to try and expose the SGC. Remember when Sam had to go on the news and try to sell the idea that it was just a hologram. The Wraith might not like the taste of these replacments but if the queens are already starving they'll have no choice. Improving the flavour is probably something that could easily be done by tinkering with the technology to. This is the sort of thing where having Wraith scientists helping becomes so important.

As for the light/dark thing I'd say the way they keep their ships seems to pretty much prove that they prefer less standard light than humans. The only full scale Wraith culling we've seen also took place at night.

Presumably if those things on their faces are viper pits, and in combination with their superior night vision, they would have significant advantages hunting in the dark.
                            Mmmm...a blank clone. If the clone is really blank then I suppose there will be no moral stops for the Atlantis to share that technology with the Wraith. As for the taste...well nobody knows what is tasty for the Wraith but I am sure tha Wraith scientist could improve the "taste" of the clones.
                            I also think the Wraith prefer the dark but they are capable of hunting the humans in all conditions.
                            LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                            My fan fiction

Comment

I think we have about 23 members now-how do we get more?

On the blank clones-if they're truly blank then it eliminates some of the moral issues, but I don't know that the Wraith want their food served that tame. Certainly a better idea than the retrovirus, though. (what isn't?)

I watched Common Ground yesterday-twice.

I'm going to see if I can provide a summary of our views on the Wraith someday-(why they deserve to live, etc.)

There was a thread on Wraith psych. in Science & Tech, if anyone wants to look at it.

Long live the Wraith!

Comment

i also saw common ground the other day i really liked that episode and i will look up that thread for you female wraith and i will post the link

Comment

Working...
                                X