Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
    Yup, you are in the minority, luv.

Tyler was nice enough to stop by and wish us happy holidays...he didn't have to do that - he didn't have to interact with his fans at all. It was very nice of him, and I would welcome any actor who joined us, just like I welcome all new non-actors who come here to chat. All are welcome, regardless of what they do for a living. It's just a nice perk that Tyler knows what it's like to be sequestered under a rubber Wraith mask for 12 hours a day.

das
    Of course Tyler was nice to say hello! Didn't I say hello back? And of course it's nice when someone drops by. But it is not a "favour" he does us--I completely disagree with this line of thinking. I guess at the end of the day, I got over the actor fandom frenzy when I was in my teens i.e. under twenty. Personally, other than the questions we come up with being funny, I would NEVER ask anyone those questions in person. When I went to that sci fi convention by the Toronto Airport in that sh***y little hotel with the paint falling off in the main ballroom and Rachel Luttrell was asked utterly invasive questions, she was embarrassed. And I felt so embarrassed for her. I felt so badly for her that I couldn't stay, I left after five minutes. In this situation, I thought: yes she is fulfilling her contract by going on these conventions, and yes she gets paid for them (this is how some actors make their money), but no one deserves to be slobbered over like this. I'm sure it makes many actors feel like no one appreciate his/her work. I think this is one of the reasons William Shatner stood up at one of these conventions, (being utterly exhausted by this line of questioning) and said "GET A LIFE--ALL OF YOU!! GET A REAL LIFE!!!"

At the first and last sci fi convention I went to/will go to last spring, there was one guy "host of ceremonies" I suppose that was his title (?), who walked around ordering people around (my husband and I couldn't help but snicker) and dropped names where ever he went. He decided to insert himself into one of the discussion panels we went to.
    It was titled "Do the Classics (sci fi classics) Matter?"--
    It was co-lead by this young woman--the only panelist who showed up in a room of about five audience members. Also, she was an undergrad to boot, who had NEVER READ A SCIENCE FICTION NOVEL in her life!!! She was nice enough, but why lead a discussion on a topic you have no idea about? After about forty-five minutes this host of ceremonies decides to "appear". We were having a relatively nice discussion, but when he entered the room he decided to order everyone around, as well as force his opinions down our throats. It was odd, we didn't know what to make of him. Suddenly he got a call on his cell phone (turn it off man!!) so, he stood up abruptly turned around and fell face forward into the wall behind him--swearing all the way into the wall. Apparently he tripped on his co-panelist's bag that was next to her feet on the floor. Being unscathed by the incident, he went on to tell us the discussion was over. Anyway, this guy who was the host of ceremonies at this convention was also asking Ms. Luttrell these types of questions.
    If I were her, I would feel like I needed to have a bath after a convention like that. I don't know, I like science fiction, but I can't get to that pitch of fanaticism--I think it makes everyone feel uncomfortable, and perhaps one of the reasons why Mr. Heyerdahl would never do a Q and A with us here. He probably feels too worn out for this type of frenzy.

Also, the last reason I say the above, is that the one thing I found "worth it" about the convention is that I was able to have some great conversations with many of the writer/panelists. I honestly thought at the time, if one asks reasonable questions, at conventions like this, panelists usually gravitate toward you. Anyway, I have subsequently developed good e-mail exchanges with the writers I met at the convention and I told them about my experience. They laughed telling me they felt exactly the same way--and these are guests, like Rachel Luttrell was.
    So, I am applying the same logic to a potential Q and A with C.H. We can't make him feel uncomfortable with questions such as "do you slobber on yourself with those teeth, like we would slobber on you..."

WK
    "Ask NOT what you can do for your country...ask WHAT'S FOR LUNCH?" O. Wells

Comment

WK, what kind of personal questions did they ask that it was so bad? I take it you're saying that people were asking a lot of personal questions about the actors actual RL life. I think most of our questions we asked were either about his role as an actor on the show or nosy Wraith questions that are probably misdirected and should go to JM.

We can't make him feel uncomfortable with questions such as "do you slobber on yourself with those teeth, like we would slobber on you..." I think that's a thunk page type of question and I don't think they go there. LOL (Seriously, I hope NOT. That's a totally embarassing thought.)
      Last edited by Starry Waters; 26 December 2008, 08:16 AM.
      sigpic
      Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

WK - I don't think any of us have asked Tyler an invasive or personal question - we have just shown interest in his work, and are curious about what it takes to be a Wraith actor. And we ALL know the 'boxer/brief' question is just a big joke...not a real question at all (although Bam Bam did answer it, silly boy! ).

Just a little (Kenny) Wraith humor:

Spoiler:

For non-Canadians out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoser

das
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
          Mine is Todd and that oueen witch apared in the first episide(Rising part 1)
          Buna! Ce mai faci?

Your English is fine - better than my Romanian, eh? I only know those words because my husband works with Romanians here in the States.

The queen from The Rising is my favorite queen of all, too! She was really good, and I have a friend who looks and acts just like her! LOL! Her name is Andi, which is funny, because the actress who plays the queen is named Andee.

das
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
            As always, das you make excellent points.

So since they are ALL gorgeous, there's only one thing for it - I'll just have to become a Queen and make sure I get them ALL in my hive! mwahahaha
            In fact I re-wrote some song lyrics along those lines, so I thought I might share...

Spoiler:
            Cos we all just wanna be a bad ass Queen
            Living in a huge hive and flying 15 darts
            Where the Wraith are easy and the life force cheap
            And we’ll all stay skinny cos we just won’t eat
            And we’ll hang out on the brightest stars
            With the SGA team a long way from Mars
            Every worshipper’s gonna wind up there
            Every high rank commander with his bleach blonde hair
            And we’ll hide out in the soldier clone pods
            With the latest retrovirus and iratus bugs
            It’ll get you anything with that evil smile
            Everybody’s got a stargate on speed dial and
            Hey, hey I wanna be a Wraith Queen

with thanks to Nickelback's I Wanna Be A Rock Star
            LOL! LOVE the lyrics!!! Perfect!!!

das
            sigpic

Comment

So since they are ALL gorgeous, there's only one thing for it - I'll just have to become a Queen and make sure I get them ALL in my hive! mwahahaha
              In fact I re-wrote some song lyrics along those lines, so I thought I might share...

Spoiler:

Brilliant!

PS - I'm stowing away on your hive.
              Last edited by naamiaiset; 26 December 2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Spoiler:

Another person who edits after they post!!! This was great by the way.
                sigpic
                Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Spoiler:

Great!

Comment

Wow! Thank you all so much! *big hugs*

See this is what happens when I get bored on the drive to work and back every day! At least now, when I'm driving to work and singing my own "alternative" lyrics, I know I won't be the only one, he he!

All together now, girls, and don't forget the hair swinging and the air guitar... but remember - drive safely!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                      Brilliant!

PS - I'm stowing away on your hive.
                      You're welcome, honey! After all I have plenty commanders to share...
                      sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, honey! After all I have plenty commanders to share...
                        Can I come too?

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                          Whos your favorite wraith?Todd or Steve?
                          Welcome to the WDC, Anda!
                          Without hesitating I can say that Todd is my fave, although trying to pick between Todd and Steve is a bit like trying to pick between Sean Connery and Daniel Craig, if I may do a Bond comparison. I think both are incredibly handsome and charismatic in their own ways, but Connery nudges Craig out just because, to me, he is Bond! And Todd is Wraith as the most fully fleshed-out character. It really is unfortunate that James Lafazanos (who played Steve and most of the Wraith of the first two seasons of SGA) didn't have more lines, greater character arc and more screen time. But as Das said, even with the little he was given, his performances hit it out of the ballpark.
                          My list of favorite Wraiths is always rotating, except now the top 2 are always: #1 Todd and #2 Rhys.

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          WK - I don't think any of us have asked Tyler an invasive or personal question - we have just shown interest in his work, and are curious about what it takes to be a Wraith actor. And we ALL know the 'boxer/brief' question is just a big joke...not a real question at all (although Bam Bam did answer it, silly boy! ).

Just a little (Kenny) Wraith humor:

Spoiler:

For non-Canadians out there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoser

das
                          LOL - I just heard Bob & Doug MacKenzie's 12 days of Christmas on the radio in the car! Bravo! (Besides, that pic needed a cap. )

And as far as conventions and invasive questions, well, I've never been to a sci-fi convention and I'm not sure I ever will. For one thing I get very agitated amongst crowds and secondly, for the exact reason you pointed out, WK. I squirm when other people are rude and make other people feel uncomfortable. And most of the time, I don't keep my mouth shut, I just tell the person to quit being rude and leave their poor victim alone. And I'm also one of those people who has no problem saying "none of your business". lol But poor Rachel, she seems like such a gentle soul. She needed to bring out her inner-Teyla and smack that guy down. (And, man, do I know of few of his type. UGH!)

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
                            Can I come too?
                            You're welcome, too, indeed the more the merrier...

*lots of Wraith commanders gettin' out the ketchup and drooling...*
                            sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you all.
                              Sorry for late wishes, I was not near computer last two days...

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                              Sounds good to me, Leksa!! Really though this time of year I'd rather be on the 80 F beach down in Sarasota, FL. (When I win the lottery!)
                              Ahhh, at the moment is quite chilly here too. But hopefully it will improve!
                              And, you're really welcome, when ever you decide to come in this part...

Comment

I love that line. On the other hand, a great advantage of being Wraith Queens is that we could eat anything we want and stay skinny because it wouldn't sustain us. Am now dreaming of sharing chocolate and champagne with Shawn.

Originally posted by Wraith Cake
                                We can't make him feel uncomfortable with questions such as "do you slobber on yourself with those teeth, like we would slobber on you..."
                                Maybe it would be better to phrase it as "Do you ever have problems with the teeth?"

Originally posted by Anda
                                Whos your favorite wraith?Todd or Steve?
                                It's Todd for character and Steve for sheer drop dead gorgeousness. I also have a very soft spot for Erik (the scientist in 'Allies').
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X