No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leelakin, OMG that's just awesome!! Well, now we know how good you are so we can make you politely ask you to do more awesome drawings!

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
      Wow leelakin! Thats fantastic!

Re Lizzie's room: I have to agree with Tria. I didn't get the vibe that
      Spoiler:
      she was just a messy person. It was more along the lines of 'I don't care and I can't be bothered anymore'. And that she was so focused on getting her memoirs done, that she didn't even think to look around her.
      Totally agree.
      Spoiler:
      It's like she was shocked when she actually stopped and looked around, like she didn't think it had gotten that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
        Totally agree.
        Spoiler:
        It's like she was shocked when she actually stopped and looked around, like she didn't think it had gotten that bad.
        Yep
        Spoiler:
        I thought she looked a bit embarrassed that her place was that messy. And empty food containters just lying around? So OOC for the Dr. Weir that we've come to know. Really interesting that she allowed herself to become so... complacent?? Out of touch??

ETA: Love your comment when you gave me green Sally Thanks

Lovebar made by natz099
        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Yeah, I think Trialia had it down.
          Spoiler:
          Very clear signs of depression and understandibly so. She said herself that nothing would compare to Atlantis, and after all she's experienced, things on Earth are bound to seem trivial. So why bother cooking nutricious meals or getting dressed up when it's more efficient to wear comfy slobs and order take out?

I think she disconnected from Earth. Her body may have been back but her mind was still very much on Atlantis. It could also explain why she didn't want to converse with the others; they moved on with their lives and for her to hear that would tug her back to her own life on Earth.

Comment

Yay, finally home from work, and I come on to see some amazing drawings!!! I so wish I could draw like that leelakin. Keep them coming! They're amazing, and completely different to what we usually have! (not saying that was we usually have isn't awesome too)

firedust22 I agree that it's cute/adorable that she talks about and loves Sedge so much. I'm kinda like that with my baaayyyybeeee... My cat. She's like the main reason I don't wanna leave home. I go around showing photos on my phone of her to random people (including famous ones... John Billingsley and Bonita Friedericy included )
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Like Sapph, I thought
              Spoiler:
              Elizabeth looked embarassed because of her messy apartment. We've never seen her Elizabeth's office or room in Altnatis being messy and now we have. She had dirty plates everywhere... Sally's right, she is in depression.. Some people starve when they're depressed, some eat... Elizabeth eats then . She was trying to make an excuse not to go out.. I loved how Carson said that he'd pick her up at 7 and left.. He's a real friend, and so are the others... Rodney, and John.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I think she disconnected from Earth.
                That is a perfect way to explain it.
                Spoiler:
                She was so attached to Atlantis and so enamored by the idea and concept that the city stood for, that anything on she could do on Earth wouldn't live up to that kind of standard.

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                  Like Sapph, I thought
                  Spoiler:
                  Elizabeth looked embarassed because of her messy apartment. We've never seen her Elizabeth's office or room in Altnatis being messy and now we have. She had dirty plates everywhere... Sally's right, she is in depression.. Some people starve when they're depressed, some eat... Elizabeth eats then . She was trying to make an excuse not to go out.. I loved how Carson said that he'd pick her up at 7 and left.. He's a real friend, and so are the others... Rodney, and John.
                  Yeah, I agree.
                  Spoiler:
                  It's actually quite sad when you think about it. I think if she had chosen to go back to Earth she would have been more okay, but because she was forced out she didn't have time to 'let go' as Jack said.
                  sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                  "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                  My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Spoiler:
                    She was so attached to Atlantis and so enamored by the idea and concept that the city stood for, that anything on she could do on Earth wouldn't live up to that kind of standard.
                    OMG kill me now but when I read your post, I saw Lizzie say this:
                    Spoiler:
                    Earth is my home and I love it to death and I will protect it as much as I can..... but I don't want to live there...
                    *runs*

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
                      Yeah, I agree.
                      Spoiler:
                      It's actually quite sad when you think about it. I think if she had chosen to go back to Earth she would have been more okay, but because she was forced out she didn't have time to 'let go' as Jack said.
                      Yep
                      Spoiler:
                      I think that because she had put so much effort into running and preserving the city (and ordering people to defend it, sometimes to their death) that 48 hours is just not enough time to properly let go.

ETA: E? I don't get it...

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

When my cousin's fiance was killed, it really shook me up (obviously). All the little things that make up living suddenly seemed so trivial. But you have to keep on going because you still have a life to live, and the trivialities are the only things you know. Only in Elizabeth's case, she had experience something far greater than most of us can imagine. So she buried herself in that greatness, reliving her experiences, and maybe she got so lost in her memories she simply forgot about those little things, or maybe she just really couldn't be bothered with them.

I'm thinking maybe it was more not being bothered, actually. Had she got lost in her memoirs, then I think she would have just stayed in her pajamas while writing them. God knows how many times I've jumped on the computer straight away and not got dressed till I had to get ready for work that night.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          It's like growing up in one town for the first of your school career, and then moving to a new town for High School. I, at least, would be absolutely unsure of myself, and be homesick at first. But then, eventually, I would come to love this new home.

If I had to move back after a time, I would find myself even more uprooted than the first time, because there would be deja vu all over the place, and people would act like they knew me, but they would really only know half of me. Everyone around me that used to be like family would be just echoes of the people that I remember. They would have their own memories, and I would have mine. The fact that they wouldn't match up would cause a bit of a hitch in the way we fit together.

This is not through my own personal experience, but from what I have heard and what I can imagine.

Spoiler:
                          I totally cannot blame Elizabeth for the depressed behavior. I think I would have reacted in a similar way, but several times worse.

Plus, I tend to be fairly messy on a good day, LOL!
                          My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

I get what you mean, E.

Spoiler:
                            Earth is where she was born, where her heritage is. It will always hold a special place in her heart and she'll do everything she can to protect the planet and it's inhabitants - her fellow kind. But she's grown to be more than that, to need more than that so she wouldn't want to go back there. Why go back to burgers when you can have steak?...or something like that

Great post, firedust! Said it much better than I did, lol. I kept likening it to a mother and her child. You'd love it forever and protect it with your last breath, but you wouldn't want to live with it forever.

Comment

I get what you mean, E.

Spoiler:
                              Earth is where she was born, where her heritage is. It will always hold a special place in her heart and she'll do everything she can to protect the planet and it's inhabitants - her fellow kind. But she's grown to be more than that, to need more than that so she wouldn't want to go back there. Why go back to burgers when you can have steak?...or something like that

Great post, firedust! Said it much better than I did, lol. I kept likening it to a mother and her child. You'd love it forever and protect it with your last breath, but you wouldn't want to live with it forever.
                              LOL! YES!!! She did her time already!!! I like this analogy!

Thank you!!
                              My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

I get what you mean, E.

Spoiler:
                                Ah I getcha now. And very true.

ITA.

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Working...
                                X