Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the final tally on last week's auctions:

Elizabeth Weir shirt: $56.00

Elizabeth Weir "Condemned" uniform: $1,360.74 (I believe that's a new record high for a Weir item!)

Elizabeth Weir accident-damaged "Adrift" costume: $203.50

Now we move on to this week, and there's two Weir shirts up for sale:

Another of the long-sleeved v-neck shirts (as seen in Rising and a couple of other early episodes), and a long-sleeved half-zip neck fleece shirt.

Happy bidding!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Here's the final tally on last week's auctions:

Elizabeth Weir shirt: $56.00

Elizabeth Weir "Condemned" uniform: $1,360.74 (I believe that's a new record high for a Weir item!)

Elizabeth Weir accident-damaged "Adrift" costume: $203.50

Now we move on to this week, and there's two Weir shirts up for sale:

Another of the long-sleeved v-neck shirts (as seen in Rising and a couple of other early episodes), and a long-sleeved half-zip neck fleece shirt.

Happy bidding!
      $1,360.74?? Wow! Um, do you know what was so special about it that it went that high?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        $1,360.74?? Wow! Um, do you know what was so special about it that it went that high?
        I don't see anything special in the description of the costume:

Production description: Gray uniform worn by actress Torri Higginson as "Elizabeth Weir" in the production of the Season Two Stargate Atlantis episode, "Condemned". An expert on international politics, Dr. Weir was President Hayes's choice to lead the Atlantis expedition in the Pegasus Galaxy. She served this role with distinction for three years before she was captured and killed by the Pegasus Replicators.

Technical description: Production made Atlantis grey uniform. Jacket features a zip up front with two red zip on chest panels, elastic waist band and pocket on the left sleeve. Includes a American flag patch on left sleeve and Atlantis patch on the right. Pants feature a zip up front with two hand pockets and built in black belt. Comes with a red cotton long sleeved undershirt with a zip up neck. No size information is available.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure. As you can see from the description FH posted, it's not even a complete costume as it doesn't come with shoes; I think there may have been at least one or two Weir uniforms that have been sold with shoes included. It might be because they're winding down the Stargate auctions and these are the final items from SG-1 and Atlantis that they'll be selling; there's a few more weeks to go, but once that's it, that's it. At least until they get the Stargate Universe stuff later this summer.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

FYI ... Torri's TEKWAR movies are available for streaming on Netflix ... TekWar, TekLords and TekJustice. She is not in TekLab.
            To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
              FYI ... Torri's TEKWAR movies are available for streaming on Netflix ... TekWar, TekLords and TekJustice. She is not in TekLab.
              Thanks for letting us know! I just got Stonehenge Apocalypse through Netflix today. I'm seeing a Torri filled weekend in my future.

Comment

I promised pictures and here they are:

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm the midst of an SGA rewatch, and am currently on Season 3, and knowing that Elizabeth isn't going to make it past the first couple of episodes of Season 4, I find myself sad about that. In spite of whatever flaws Elizabeth may have had as leader of the Atlantis expedition (IMO anyone would have had flaws and made mistakes in that sort of experience, especially given the fact that no one else had ever had that kind of experience prior to the expedition), I think she was the best leader for the expedition. I've been watching her interactions with the rest of the team through several of the episodes I've watched, and it just reminded me what a good character she was. I think she should have gotten to stay throughout the entire run of SGA.

(*All this from a Sam Carter fan, mind you.*)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I'm the midst of an SGA rewatch, and am currently on Season 3, and knowing that Elizabeth isn't going to make it past the first couple of episodes of Season 4, I find myself sad about that. In spite of whatever flaws Elizabeth may have had as leader of the Atlantis expedition (IMO anyone would have had flaws and made mistakes in that sort of experience, especially given the fact that no one else had ever had that kind of experience prior to the expedition), I think she was the best leader for the expedition. I've been watching her interactions with the rest of the team through several of the episodes I've watched, and it just reminded me what a good character she was. I think she should have gotten to stay throughout the entire run of SGA.

(*All this from a Sam Carter fan, mind you.*)
                    I'm currently re-watching season 4 myself, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. They could have had BOTH Sam and Elizabeth in season 4 if they'd wanted to. There are tons of possibilities there. Sam could have been a ship commander. Or Elizabeth could have been rescued from Asuras and joined the expedition, keeping Sam in charge. Think of all the conflict that could have come from that. It could have been brilliant.

Comment

I'm currently re-watching season 4 myself, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. They could have had BOTH Sam and Elizabeth in season 4 if they'd wanted to. There are tons of possibilities there. Sam could have been a ship commander. Or Elizabeth could have been rescued from Asuras and joined the expedition, keeping Sam in charge. Think of all the conflict that could have come from that. It could have been brilliant.
                      Exactly.

And thank you for agreeing with me.

And I like the idea of having Sam as a ship commander. She and Elizabeth could have had some interesting differences of opinion about military and civilian decisions about Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Exactly.

And thank you for agreeing with me.

And I like the idea of having Sam as a ship commander. She and Elizabeth could have had some interesting differences of opinion about military and civilian decisions about Atlantis.
                        Yes, Sam as a ship commander could have great. I think they would have had some great disagreements, but then come to have a respect for each other eventually. It could have been fascinating.

And besides, that would have made both the Sam fans and the Elizabeth fans happy. Everyone would win.

Comment

Yes, Sam as a ship commander could have great. I think they would have had some great disagreements, but then come to have a respect for each other eventually. It could have been fascinating.

And besides, that would have made both the Sam fans and the Elizabeth fans happy. Everyone would win.

Comment

Here's the final results on this week's auctions:

Elizabeth Weir Shirt (long-sleeved v-neck): $76.00

Elizabeth Weir Shirt (long-sleeved fleece w/half-zip): $105.05

Congrats to the winning bidders!

Comment

And another Weir shirt for sale on this week's auction. And another sleeveless shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                And another Weir shirt for sale on this week's auction. And another sleeveless shirt.
                                Those sleeveless shirts keep cracking me up. We never even saw them on screen!

Comment

Working...
                                X