Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten
    Kirsten needs to find a hot, rich doctor to marry. *shifty eyes*
    That's what Lizzie wanted. She ended up with Simon. Nuff said.

That's a good point. I stick with Qantas cause I have a flyer card. The price in my previous post is quite resonabol. Last year when I went to space camp my tickets cost almost $5000 I think. Or more...
    Holy jebus! Looking at flight prices, I don't think I'll ever make it out of coach, lol. Hmm...wonder who pays for the actors to fly to the conventions?

Aww, poor Torri. Such a trooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Baroness
      So, there's a "Why does everyone hate Weir" thread. I'll tell you why.

Because Weir stands for:

Wrapped
      Excellence
      In
      Regality

and not everyone can handle that.

Dr. Elizabeth Weir rules!
      Nice!

Originally posted by Sapcegirlnz
      Omg, I could so save $2582 for the ticket from Wellington New Zealand to Vancouver! I could so do that! I really want Torri to come back here, so I get to meet her, but we'll see.
      I know! So much money I hope she comes to NZ or Aus again Although I'm sure she's in high demand for cons so maybe not

ETA: OMG! $5000?? Cheez... That's very expensive!

Lovebar made by natz099
      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
        That's what Lizzie wanted. She ended up with Simon. Nuff said.

Holy jebus! Looking at flight prices, I don't think I'll ever make it out of coach, lol. Hmm...wonder who pays for the actors to fly to the conventions?

Aww, poor Torri. Such a trooper.
        I think the actual cons pay for the stars flights and stuff. And I agree about the economy class. I think it's like double the cost if you wanna go Buisness. but I dunno.

Sapph, yep, that number's serious. But I had like lots of domestic flights. I went from Wellington to Auckland to LAX then to Portland, OR. Then I went from Portland to Dallas to Hunstville, AL. Then back Huntsville to Dallas to LAX to Auck to Welly. One of mum's friends payed for the Portland Detour, and I got a travel scholarship along with the space camp one, and then people gave me money, which was nice, so it wasn't such a burden on me.

I do expect that Torri is in high demand. But hasn't season 3 wrapped shooting now? or soon...? So she'll have more free time, so she might come. I hope she comes April next year, to Wellington. I get annoyed when people I really wanna see go to Auckland. Like Rachel Luttrell, Gary Jones, Tony Amendola, Summer Glau. All going to Auckland in October... Grrr...

Okay, closing laptop... need to do some work.
        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Hee! I shopped around and am going Sydney>Auckland>San Fran>Van to get there, then Indy>Van>San Fran>Auckland>Sydney after the con

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

YAY! Is that going to cost much? Or is it resonably cheap compared to some of the other flights you looked at.

Okay, have any of you seen "Intent"? It's a short film with Torri in it, if you don't know... I just saw it... omg... It's so intense, I like have a lump in my throat. I think that has to be one of the most compelling screenplays I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot...

What did you guys think, if you've seen it? I can make screen caps if you want...
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz
              YAY! Is that going to cost much? Or is it resonably cheap compared to some of the other flights you looked at.

Okay, have any of you seen "Intent"? It's a short film with Torri in it, if you don't know... I just saw it... omg... It's so intense, I like have a lump in my throat. I think that has to be one of the most compelling screenplays I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot...

What did you guys think, if you've seen it? I can make screen caps if you want...
              I've seen it, but I prefer the action stuff like Airborne. It was good tho

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by Sapph
                I've seen it, but I prefer the action stuff like Airborne. It was good tho
                I liked Airborne, but I like this better. I've got Irish Eyes to watch this weekend.

I've just watched Intent again. I like, love it.
                sigpic

Comment

Irish Eyes is ok.

Watch Family of Cops 3 as well if you can get it. That's another one I really enjoyed

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                    Hee! I shopped around and am going Sydney>Auckland>San Fran>Van to get there, then Indy>Van>San Fran>Auckland>Sydney after the con
                    Ick! Flying through San Fran is the DEVIL. Before I switched over to exclusively flying Alaska to get between San Diego and Seattle, I always used to have layovers in San Fran. Unfortunately, said layovers tended to be longer than expected because of the omnipresent fog there... *headdesk*
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                      Ick! Flying through San Fran is the DEVIL. Before I switched over to exclusively flying Alaska to get between San Diego and Seattle, I always used to have layovers in San Fran. Unfortunately, said layovers tended to be longer than expected because of the omnipresent fog there... *headdesk*
                      I know! I was delayed there for 4 hours so 6 hours later...

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                        You've been seriously bitten by the travel bug. Sit back and watch those FF points roll in... 53 days until Tiia, Amie and I visit Suz in NY. Not sure about the con, Tiia doesn't want to go now that Joe's not going, because she doesn't watch SG1. We can only hope that Torri fills in for him.
                        What FF points?

Man that would be so good if she did!! *crosses fingers for you*

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                          What FF points?

Man that would be so good if she did!! *crosses fingers for you*
                          Keep those fingers crossed! Tiia didn't get to see her since she cancelled the London con, so it'd be nice if we at least got one of the sparky people at the NY con! I'm not sure if Suz and Amie have seen her before. I'd go for Shanks, but Tiia doesn't watch SG1, and I've seen him before in Sydney, so it's not a huge big deal if I don't go...

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            Keep those fingers crossed! Tiia didn't get to see her since she cancelled the London con, so it'd be nice if we at least got one of the sparky people at the NY con! I'm not sure if Suz and Amie have seen her before. I'd go for Shanks, but Tiia doesn't watch SG1, and I've seen him before in Sydney, so it's not a huge big deal if I don't go...
                            Mm. I didn't get to see her in London either, was going to try to get to Pegasus in Germany but that got cancelled. I'm hoping that it'll be third time lucky for LFCC next year, because this year was her second cancellation of that one in a row.

Edit: Also, Intent is great.
                            Last edited by Trialia; 06 September 2006, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Made this while playing in Photoshop, and I don't need it. If anyone wants it, feel free to snaffle, just please link back to my domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                                Made this while playing in Photoshop, and I don't need it. If anyone wants it, feel free to snaffle, just please link back to my domain.

Wow! That's.... shocking! And it's changes from all other banners. Did you enhance the eye color?

Comment

Working...
                                X