No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back. Yesterday was yesterday. Today is another day for us Torri/Weir fans. For me it started well, because of all the support we've seen from the fanbase... I will also follow Torri's next adventures in the industry. If it's her choice to become a recurring then I have no problem with it. But if it's TPTB's idea ( whatever the reasons they might have to do so ), I hope they'll understand how wrong they were, and especially about Weir's popularity ( even if they wrote the caracter badly ). They're loosing it.

Let Atlantis sink back into the ocean, better do it on purpose than loose what they had with SG-1 ( that I love but ), their little baby...

Mum-TPTB can't let go of baby SG-1.

PS: And what's up with "The frenchies" thing going on, didn't have time to read the four pages that went on when I had to leave yesterday so I have no clue what is it about !

Oh and thx all for the vids, the pics, the beautiful sigs....

.....I think I'm gonna throw up.....

xxxxx

Comment

The Frenchies are dark_faith who made the dubbed movies

Lovebar made by natz099
      My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

BG, I know exactly how you feel. I've been on the edge of going off somewhere to throw up since I signed on this morning to be greeted by this - speaking of which, good grief, has it really been four hours now since I got in here? 0.0;

I'm making more banners, I'll post them here when I get to uploading.

Comment

You know what's the best thing for me? We show our support not only to Torri/Weir but to the show we know as well. Because we all know that without her, it'd be too different.

Comment

I Agree.
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I hate what there Doing with Torri Higginson..its just not fare...
              + = *bang bang* is it hot in here or what!!

Banner made by leelakin.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
                You know what's the best thing for me? We show our support not only to Torri/Weir but to the show we know as well. Because we all know that without her, it'd be too different.
                Torri makes the show what it is. Without her, there's be no Stargate Atlantis. We'd be watching some crappy Scifi show about a ring that transports a load of crappy characters to different worlds.
                hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
                  Torri makes the show what it is. Without her, there's be no Stargate Atlantis. We'd be watching some crappy Scifi show about a ring that transports a load of crappy characters to different worlds.
                  Just sneaking out of lurkdom here to just echo what you are all saying. Why do they keep messing with a format that is working and we are for the most part enjoying! I primarily watch the show for Torri, she gives the show emotion for me so it's not all gun gun, science science, bang bang.

Of course if it's her choice, its her choice and as a fan I support that, but if it's TPTB I just leaves me in wonderment to what this is actually achieving. How will this make Atlantis better?
                  "Only Smarties Have The Answer"

Save Dr. Elizabeth Weir! - Sign the petition!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin View Post
                    Torri makes the show what it is. Without her, there's be no Stargate Atlantis.

Totally agree with you on that !!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                      AFAIK, she does have a bf but that's really none of our business anyway. Though I agree there could be many reasons. I did wonder whether this decision came from Torri... I've just asked for my work hours to be reduced but I wasn't sure if the same was possible for serial actors.

I'm sure over the next coming months we'll get more information. We've already got JF's bit about First Strike on the front page of GW
                      Spoiler:
                      and maybe it's the sceptic in me, but everything he says reminds me of how SG110 was promoted, and although it sounds like a great premise, I hold no hopes of seeing that delivered on-screen

Tbh, I'd be more happy if she left altogether, then - as a Torri fan - I wouldn't have to watch this crap. I stopped watching SG1 during S8 (tho have seen the odd ep from S9 and 10) and I'll probably wait until SGA: S2 goes down in price before I buy that. I can't see S3 being bought at all. SGA has rapidly lost it's appeal for me this year.

Normally I don't do online petitions but I think, given how her online reception started off, it would be wonderful for Torri to see the huge fanbase she has created, and not just for the love of Elizabeth Weir as part of the Stargate universe, but for the talented actress herself.

Hehe, I actually likes this idea.

Right on! Torri's done some fabulous eps that showcase her talent on SGA: BIS, TLG, TRW, and I think the reason I've been looking forward to Sunday so much is seeing what Torri brings to the screen regarding the new aspect for Elizabeth.

I really hope I get to see Save My Soul and Yumi (aside: I love that we get to see the process of that, from idea to script to filming to post... very interesting), and hopefully, these works, along with the publicity that SGA has brought, will lead to bigger and brighter avenues of work for Torri.

I love what she has done with her character this season 2, especially in the TRW ,Common Ground and the Return.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Well, obviously, I agree with everything that's being said, emotions and all. *supersoaker is loaded and ready for use (and there ain't water in it)*

BUT...

I support the fight to keep Lizzie/Torri in Atlantis. What would we be without her?

Edit: Do you think this is what Torri meant in that interview would cause a riot among fans if they found out? Because I strongly believe it is.
                        What interview with Torri are you discussing and where can it be found, thanks

Comment

The interview with Torri saying:

GW: Great. What about the most dreadful?

TH: You know what, you're going to have to ask me that when the season is aired. I kind of can't answer that. There has been some really awful stuff that happened, and I cannot divulge it at all.

GW: That made it on screen?

TH: Yeah. So ask me that when the season is almost over. I will talk about that with you again.

GW: OK, OK. Don't scare us, Torri!

TH: Oh, a little bit of fear's alright.

...can be found here.

There's an video interview with Brad Wright concerning Torri saying
                          Spoiler:
                          she'll be back as a recurring character for a period
                          . There was also a comment by Torri some time ago about something setting the internet on fire. It may be in that interview I linked to, it may not. I can't remember. Should be noted though that the comment may refer to this latest news, or to the news of Beckett, or maybe both.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                            The interview with Torri saying:

GW: Great. What about the most dreadful?

TH: You know what, you're going to have to ask me that when the season is aired. I kind of can't answer that. There has been some really awful stuff that happened, and I cannot divulge it at all.

GW: That made it on screen?

TH: Yeah. So ask me that when the season is almost over. I will talk about that with you again.

GW: OK, OK. Don't scare us, Torri!

TH: Oh, a little bit of fear's alright.

...can be found
                            here.
                            Thanks, I've signed that petition and hope the producers know that they will ruin the show by dropping Torri( which is essentiallywhat they are doing,recurring is the first underhanded step).

I watch the show because of the current cast and really like the bonding we have seen this season, to just go and throw all of that away is idiotic.

Comment

Bugger, Bugger, Bugger. They can't do this to Torri. TPTB really need.....[insert Evil and Humiliating thoughts at them here].

Comment

Posting a pic bc it's pretty, bc I can, and bc it's appropraite.

Comment

Working...
                                X