Elizabeth Weir/Torri Higginson WOW Thread - Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LHB View Post
    I think TH is a good actress and an attractive woman.

But I don't understand the appeal of Weir's character, and I understand that this is a matter of personal preference. Can someone who is a Weir (the character not TH the actress) fan explain to me why they like Weir? I don't dislike her, I'm more indifferent.
    It is a lot a matter of personal preference. I'm indifferent to some of the other characters (I'm not saying who), even though I see why a lot of people like them (most of the time).

I'm not very good at articulating stuff like this, but I like Weir cos she's one of those leaders that cares. She holds herself apart in some ways, but she's not afraid to let herself get closer to the others. And she's human. We see her display a whole range of emotions, and she makes mistakes, she's not just the typical stoic leader who's always right. Weir is strong and smart and open and kind (and I could be here listing traits forever, so we'll leave it at that), but at the same time, she's just as vulnerable as everyone else.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
      I was at your house and you didn't show me that! No more jelly for you!
      Well, last time you were here long enough to watch something, I didn't have it. Sorry.

I agree with Ubi about Weir. She is very human, but she's also a strong leader
      sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
      "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
      My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Sweet as we're back up!

New fic rec: Loose Ends by angelqueen04.

Nice caps Space! I liked that episode. Pity that
        Spoiler:
        Torri's character had to die tho

Oh and for those attending the Vancouver Creation Con next year, Torri is tentatively scheduled to appear at the Sunday brunch. Tickets are on sale now. And damn the food sounds yum!

Lovebar made by natz099
        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous View Post
          It is a lot a matter of personal preference. I'm indifferent to some of the other characters (I'm not saying who), even though I see why a lot of people like them (most of the time).

I'm not very good at articulating stuff like this, but I like Weir cos she's one of those leaders that cares. She holds herself apart in some ways, but she's not afraid to let herself get closer to the others. And she's human. We see her display a whole range of emotions, and she makes mistakes, she's not just the typical stoic leader who's always right. Weir is strong and smart and open and kind (and I could be here listing traits forever, so we'll leave it at that), but at the same time, she's just as vulnerable as everyone else.
          I have to agree with all of that.

For me, a great reason I find Elizabeth so endearing is that she's not flawless, no matter how hard she tries. Everyone makes mistakes but she tries damn hard not to, and instead of being an emotionless robot for a leader she acknowledges emotion but doesn't let it govern what she does, and I really like that. That, and I've always felt the character to be warm and funny in a dry way with which I can sympathise. I can pick apart her decisions just like anyone else, but I can do it without disliking her or ranting about her as I've seen other people on this forum do (and I'm not talking about LHB here, I promise).

On a different note... Oh goodness, it feels nice to be back! You know what's worse than the forum being down for so long? When one's ADSL connection simultaneously refuses to synchronise so one has no access to the web at all. *kicks it* And hey, I'm sick again. *growls unhappily* Oh, but I am working on a new Elizabeth wallpaper.

Comment

Comment

TRW...
              Spoiler:

*sigh* no ones around...
              Last edited by Spacegirlnz; 14 October 2006, 12:07 AM. Reason: adding spoiler tag
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

*waves* Hey chicadee Nice cap

And I just watched FoC 3 again. I really like that movie! Although I probably wouldn't have heard about it if Torri wasn't in it

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen View Post
                  *waves* Hey chicadee Nice cap

And I just watched FoC 3 again. I really like that movie! Although I probably wouldn't have heard about it if Torri wasn't in it
                  I wish my DVDs would hurry up and arrive! That's one of them!

Am making an icon... almost done... I hope
                  sigpic

Comment

*squee* New pics are up at New Atlantis!!

Can't wait to see the icon, Space!

I really liked FoC3. ^.^

Comment

Icon:

I did have an LJ one, but twas crappy. The colour went funny.
                      Last edited by Spacegirlnz; 14 October 2006, 02:36 AM. Reason: fixing
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                        I wish my DVDs would hurry up and arrive! That's one of them!

Am making an icon... almost done... I hope
                        In that case... *squee!!!* I can't wait for your dvds to arrive.

... and I love craft service Torri!
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Cute icon Space!!

Comment

DAMNIT! My laptop has a really nasty virus and I can't find the damn thing

*takes a deep breath*

Nice icon Space! Can't wait to hear what you think about F0C 3

*squee* Thanks for the heads up ubi! I haven't checked that in ages!

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous View Post
                              *squee* New pics are up at New Atlantis!!
                              New pics? The what where? I don't see 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                                New pics? The what where? I don't see 'em.
                                I think the ones for Phantoms are the newest, because they had The Return pics as ep 309.

Lovebar made by natz099

Comment

Working...
                                X