No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right, I'm resurrecting this thread! There's a Favorite Vala Pairings game going on over in the fun & games section and Sheppard/Vala's surprisingly strong showing made me come and look for this thread.

I have some pictures I took a few weeks ago from PP, thought I'd share

Enjoy

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

LOve these two
      Thanks Stef

Comment

Woo hoo, I love this ship, it's got so much fic potential.

Comment

Hey! Thanks for resurrecting the thread!

I usually prefer my Stargate without ship, at least between main characters, but this pairing has kind of captured my imagination. We'll never see it on screen of course (and maybe that's part of why I like it *hmmm*), but it's fun to think about.

Here's a livejournal link to The John/Vala thingathon, for those who are interested. I'm a little confused about what exactly it is - I read through and still am not quite sure I understand *feeling a little slow tonight* - but it is Sheppard/Vala related, so I am posting it here.

http://community.livejournal.com/lonelytartsclub/
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I just signed up for it I think that you are basically asked to make something for someone based on their preferences (fic, icons, art), and then they make you something based on the preferences you listed. There's a whole survey and such. I think it's a pretty cool idea I've been dying for a new John/Vala fic lately...and now I get to specify what kind of fic I want. Okay, I probably just signed up because I thought this was the cutest thing:

Anyway, yeah, I find the potential of Sheppard/Vala to be interesting. They're both flirts, and a little bit quirky. I wonder what dialogue between them would actually be like....that's a suble hint for someone to write a fic Kales?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Yeah, I just signed up for it I think that you are basically asked to make something for someone based on their preferences (fic, icons, art), and then they make you something based on the preferences you listed. There's a whole survey and such. I think it's a pretty cool idea I've been dying for a new John/Vala fic lately...and now I get to specify what kind of fic I want. Okay, I probably just signed up because I thought this was the cutest thing:

Anyway, yeah, I find the potential of Sheppard/Vala to be interesting. They're both flirts, and a little bit quirky. I wonder what dialogue between them would actually be like....that's a suble hint for someone to write a fic Kales?

-Stef
              Well, I have some ideas. Unfortunately I just can't write! I've also had a scene in my head for a Pegasus Project tag with Rodney and Vala - nonromantic. But..... the words just don't come out on paper the way it appears in my head.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling It takes me forever to write a decent story....and I'm never completely satisfied with it. I can do dialogue, it's everything else that I have problems with I could write Vala, but I don't know about John.

-Stef

Comment

So....in a noncanon universe (I say noncanon because I don't expect it to ever happen on the show), how would you get Vala from the MW to Atlantis?

I can think of some reasons to break up her and Daniel (not that I'm terribly against that pairing, but to get her with Shep, it's necessary). My favorite involves Ba'al somehow bringing Sha're coming back from the dead (although that would involve some rewriting of canon), but even if Sha're did come back, I can't think of any reason Vala would end up in Pegasus.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 11 June 2007, 07:28 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

The only way I could see this ship happening is if it were strictly a Bed Buddy thing. I say that knowing how neither character really likes to talk about their feelings but both are action type of characters But it would be hot. I don't think it would last long or be very deep but it would be steamy. Please don't flame me
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                      The only way I could see this ship happening is if it were strictly a Bed Buddy thing. I say that knowing how neither character really likes to talk about their feelings but both are action type of characters But it would be hot. I don't think it would last long or be very deep but it would be steamy. Please don't flame me
                      Hey, it's alright. I wouldn't be opposed to that scenario You're right though. They actually have very similar personalities...so a long-lasting relationship would probably be hard I think that's why I can see Sparky and DV more in the long run, because both Weir and Daniel are kind of opposite to both John and Vala in that sense. They balance the other out. Still....I think it would wildly entertaining to watch Sheppard and Vala flirt with each other If only we had gotten to see more of CB's deliberate flirting with Shep in TPP

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post

-Stef
                        This one is so cute

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          No flames. I don't agree though...I kinda like the idea of them in a deeper relationship. And I'm not much one for the "bed buddy" thing. But you're right...they do have somewhat similar personalities. Although I see more similarities between Rodney and Vala. Maybe it's their mouthiness.
                          Last edited by Killdeer; 11 June 2007, 09:11 PM.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            No flames. I don't agree though...I kinda like the idea of them in a deeper relationship. And I'm not much one for the "bed buddy" thing. But you're right...they do have somewhat similar personalities. Although I see more similarities between Rodney and Vala. Maybe it's their mouthiness.
                            I think they'd be great together. I can just see Shep being incredibly amused by the way Vala tends to talk and talk ... and talk, lol. Where he shuts Rodney up most of the time, I think he'd just let her talk. Although, I do think they'd be dangerous together, both of them being such pranksters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                              I think they'd be great together. I can just see Shep being incredibly amused by the way Vala tends to talk and talk ... and talk, lol. Where he shuts Rodney up most of the time, I think he'd just let her talk. Although, I do think they'd be dangerous together, both of them being such pranksters.
                              That's what I love most about the potential of this couple! I can only imagine the havoc they would wreak together. I think they both have this adorable playfulness that would be down-right hilarious together. Yeah, I could totally see Sheppard being amused by Vala's ramblings...although, that might be because he "likes" her. Even from the cute little looks we got in PP, you could see the kind of dynamic they'd have. To bad we didn't get more between them

-Stef

Comment

Wow, I was worried since I haven't been able to post on here and that for the most part I'm still a newbie/lurker that you wouldn't know about the Thing-a-thon. Boy was I wrong! But I was nicely asked to post something to perhaps help with any questions or just get you to take a second look. Sorry to swamp your board. Hope you don't mind too much.

You are cordially invited to
                                the John / Vala Thing-a-thon!
                                Exchange fanfic, fan-art, or icons

**All pairings and genres welcome**
                                presenting Vala and John Before, During, or After

Sign-ups close June 22nd
                                Inquire at <lonelytartsclub>

You don't need LJs to participate. And they posted a Q&A on Friday. There is less than one week to go on sign-ups, alas...

http://community.livejournal.com/lon...tsclub/profile

This is a forward from Liondragon, Jade, and Aphelant. There *is* a board out there that supports John/Vala, and... uhm, She just wasn't sure where it was.
                                I reject your reality and substitute my own!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X