John Sheppard/Vala Mal Doran Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liv View Post
    Yes, exactly this. I think they tried it with Larrin, but that fell flat, imo, because the actress didn't bring much in chemistry/personality to the part, at all. Would have been a whole other story with Vala/CB.

So much fun! I love seeing established characters share scenes together - when they don't usually interact - because it brings out all these different dynamics that I just adore. The mission briefing scene at the beginning of "The Pegasus Project" is one of my absolute favorite scenes of Stargate, ever.
    Yea, I think they tried to copy Vala with Larrin, but got carried away so they failed at it. Claudia Black is an amazing actress, even though I didn't like Vala all the time she made me like the character the rest of the time. The interaction between John/Vala would have been fun/funny to watch where as the interaction between John/Larrin had me cringing. I not even talking about it in a shippy sense but in a fun, flirty way lol(though I could see a fling)
    I really loved Pegasus Project because I loved seeing sg1 in Atlantis. I really wish they'd done more of that and gotten to see more of the characters interacting. Thats kinda why I wouldn't mind a joint SGA/SG1 movie.
    sigpic

Comment

Ha! The thread lives again.

Honestly, I'm not trying to bash Jill Wagner, but IMO she's just not as talented of an actress as Claudia Black is. I was excited about Larrin, because I always thought a Vala-like character would be so much fun as a match for John Sheppard. But it just didn't quite work out so well. They had a couple of scenes I really enjoyed, but mostly it kinda flopped. So I would have loved to see how it might have worked out with the real thing. I've always thought JF and CB would have spectacular chemistry.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I agree I think that JF and CB would've had great chemistry. I think their personalities and their characters' personalities would've worked well on screen.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X