No announcement yet.

Michael/Teyla Emmagan Relationship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a shameless self-promo: Remember that you can use http://forums.mindvenom.com for discussion while gateworld's forums are down.

Right now I have a Mikeyla fanfic challenge up as well. The challenge: Write a fanfic which involves some sort of psychic eroticism via the Wraith psychic network. See the Mikeyla thread in the "Other Ships" category for details. http://forums.mindvenom.com/viewforum.php?f=45

Oh, and just a side note: I have a survey up for ships people approve of for Teyla, and Michael is on top so far (folks click to fill out the survey, are given a list of 8 males from the show, and they check each one they approve of). http://forums.mindvenom.com/viewtopic.php?t=116

Comment

There is tension between Teyla and Michael. Although I personally believe she is replused by his wraith side, but is very much attracted to his human side.

They both have more of a connection then Teyla would like to admit. Both are not quite fully wraith nor fully human. Both ARE enhanced beings and both have a strong sense of identity.

Michael has this advantage over anyone Teyla has been in contact with. I believe Teyla has an unspeakable attraction for Michael but her sense of identity from what he is, is preventing her from accepting him.

Teyla was a victim of a failed Wraith experiment just like Michael but to a different degree, her parents were descendants of people of the failed experiment that gives her that telepathic capablity.

Think about it, if Teyla's people found out that she had Wraith powers, they would treat her as an outcast, so she hides that part of her from her own people.

Eventhough the SGA team know of her powers, it is kind of a handicap and a gift for her at the same time. On one hand she can track the Wraith down but on the other she can also give away their position because of that capability. She just needs to learn to block the Wraith from reaching her mentally to fix that problem.

So in short, Teyla and Michael have common ground in that fact that they are different from everbody else. Teyla just needs to be more willing to accept his point of view to let him into her comfort zone.

But lately, the SGA team and Teyla have been treating Michael like crap for the longest time. They kinda crossed the line by trying to change him back into a human. In my opinion the SGA team were on the nasty side on that note, it is probably one of the worst things to do to a person, change them into something that they are not and then lie about it.

The fact to the matter is, the SGA team has effectively ruined Michael's life.
      He is an outsider, how can he live with himself, it is in his nature to be who he is and he isn't wrong for that.

Every character involved with the Michael project have messed with this guy's identity, his sense of self, what right does the SGA team have to do that to somebody? It is almost Hitler-ish.

That retro-virus Dr. Beckett developed is a weapon for GENOCIDE in very sense of the word, they are killing a race of people by injecting that stuff into their Wraith prisoners.

What do you think?

NQ
      Valent: Renee Elise Goldsberry/Evangeline Williamson Fansite
      Spoiler:
      by Sheylafan87

Comment

^Totally agree!

Has everyone seen the first two episodes of season 3 yet? just in case, I'll mark as spoiler...
        Spoiler:
        When Teyla and Michael meet again, it will not go well. When they met in misbegotten and allies, Michael seemed interested in mending the friendship, but Teyla did not. Michael is trustworthy, but Teyla refuses to trust him.
        When they meet again, Michael will be bent on distruction, not using them like in Allies, no, next time it will be all vengence and he knows he's already lost Teyla, so even if she tries to finally connect to that bond that they have... Michael will reject her, just like the atlantians, the wraith and she have done to him already. ... he needs a hug. That's what I think

Comment

Originally posted by k1037 View Post
          Just a shameless self-promo: Remember that you can use http://forums.mindvenom.com for discussion while gateworld's forums are down.

Right now I have a Mikeyla fanfic challenge up as well. The challenge: Write a fanfic which involves some sort of psychic eroticism via the Wraith psychic network. See the Mikeyla thread in the "Other Ships" category for details. http://forums.mindvenom.com/viewforum.php?f=45

Oh, and just a side note: I have a survey up for ships people approve of for Teyla, and Michael is on top so far (folks click to fill out the survey, are given a list of 8 males from the show, and they check each one they approve of). http://forums.mindvenom.com/viewtopic.php?t=116

Raj Bain is that you? I recognize that mind venom ad for anywhere, lol. I wonder if you can just who I am. Lol, I believe you already know of me from the Scifi Bboards, lol.

NQ
          Spoiler:
          by Sheylafan87

Comment

Nebulan I have got to give you mad props for making this Mikeyla video. I posted a link of it on mindvenom and I posted another link on the Scifi Bboards and so far I read noting but great reviews. I hope this will inspire other fans to post some of their youtube music videos about the Michael and Teyla ship.

Here is the link to the discussion: http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...page=0#2221813

NQ
            Spoiler:
            by Sheylafan87

Comment

lol, thanks! hehe, it was silly to read their comments. i hope sometime to see more full-length Michael/Teyla vids, I only really had time to make the minivid... but that thread also brought up something I've been thinking about... Major spoilers!
              Spoiler:
              We know we'll see Michael in the later episdoes... we also know that Michael's going to be PISSSSED! there's also been rumor about a major death:
              Spoiler:
              Carson Beckett
              and it seems only fitting that Michael would be the one to do that. That might put a rift in Michael and Teyla's hope for a future relationship...

edit:
              well, I made these late at night a couple nights ago, I dunno what you'll think...
              Last edited by nebulan; 20 October 2006, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

it's nice to find a Michael and Teyla thread

I love the idea of this pairing, there are so many very interesting possibilities.

I have made a list of the links I have found related to Michael and Teyla at my LJ :

http://petitevanou.livejournal.com/55984.html

I 'd like to keep updating this list, if you know that I have missed something please give me a link, you can comment at my LJ or email me thanks!

van

Comment

me again , just to let you know that I have created a teyla and michael LJ community

http://community.livejournal.com/teyla_michael/

Hope I 'll see some of you there

Comment

Originally posted by petitevanou View Post
                    Hi Everyone,

it's nice to find a Michael and Teyla thread

I love the idea of this pairing, there are so many very interesting possibilities.

I have made a list of the links I have found related to Michael and Teyla at my LJ :

http://petitevanou.livejournal.com/55984.html

I 'd like to keep updating this list, if you know that I have missed something please give me a link, you can comment at my LJ or email me thanks!

van
                    aww, thanks maybe I should make more M/T icons and stuff....
                    how about Kaeyla's paintings?

Comment

more MT goodies would be awesome, all I need is a link to the goodies or you can simply post at the LJ community

http://community.livejournal.com/teyla_michael/

you have to have an LJ account to post but that's really easy to do

Comment

I would be happy for my paintings to be on that community- very happy indeee- it would seem they belong there very well...will have a try getting them.

Hello Nubian Queen, what they did Michael was evil.. He really was progressing and adapting- How could they treat him like that. it was so wrong. I dont like the retrovirus at all.

hmm watching them in Misbegotten when she went to see him,, i noticed at first she backed off when he approached her, but did you noticed how close he got to her at the ending of that scene. I cant decide whether her dep breathing is totalf ear or supressed desire or both

I want Michael and Teyla to come together and fulfil their bond and have Teyla help Michael regain something of his self. i would love their absence from each other give them time to realise eachother's virtues and begin to miss eachother. .. so that when they next meet they may argue and clear the air so something beautifully fulfling may take its true place and blossom. Y

OOOOh corks i must sort out that back Story of Michael and Teyla and their son, Raphael- thank you for reminding me, Nebulan.
                        We are angels of death in black leather
                        Your demons without wings, we glide
                        We are angels in black with a hunger
                        Not your sheep to change or guide.
                        We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Hi kaeyla,

I'd be happy to link to your paintings, just tell me where to link them from or let me know if you prefer to post yourself

I have already updated the community, let me know if there are more goodies around

van

Comment

My favorite ship besides Sheyla is Mikeyla. The forbidden love that is Michael and Teyla.

I seriously secret hope that they have more scenes together. I love watching those two.

The alluring forbidden Mikeyla luv story.

Thank you petite for creating the Mikeyla LJ community.

Spoiler:
                            If it is true what they say about Michael getting his just cause, I believe that he diserves it.
                            But at the same token I was really wishing for some Mikeyla momments, I really wanted Teyla to warm up to him. I know that she is closer to Beckett than she is with Michael so if it is true and something does happen to Beckett.... I really dunno what is in store for Mikeyla.

Keeping the hope alive,

NQ
                            Last edited by NubianQueen; 04 November 2006, 08:00 PM.
                            Spoiler:
                            by Sheylafan87

Comment

Thank you petite for creating the Mikeyla LJ community

you are welcome NubianQueen

The Lj community, has already been updated several times since its creation, there are more fics and vids, so check it out

van

Comment

Hello i am still not sure how to get my paintings to your site being daft with computer things but i still want them there.

Any new yet of michael's reappearence- still want michael and Teyla to get it together without harming each other and anyone else in the process.
                                We are angels of death in black leather
                                Your demons without wings, we glide
                                We are angels in black with a hunger
                                Not your sheep to change or guide.
                                We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Working...
                                X