No announcement yet.

Dr.Carson Beckett / Lt. Laura Cadman Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh great, now I got this visual of Rodney as the fairy godmother in my head.

I don't know the songs from Cinderella so I'm not much help there.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Oh great, now I got this visual of Rodney as the fairy godmother in my head.

I don't know the songs from Cinderella so I'm not much help there.
      It's an older Disney, so the songs aren't as awesome as the ones from say... Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast or Lion King...

wow... I completely failed to google something where I can preview the music... I found the main song "a dream is a wish" but I don't think I want that one... I'm either thinking "So this is love" (a really slow and sappily painful song which might be fun if I put it to some action scenes or something dramatic or something) or "Bibadibopbidido" with Rodney as the fairy god-mother playing matchmaker for the two, lol! But I'd rather not... cuz then the vid would be more like a threesome vid rather than a laura/carson shippy-vid.

Comment

The temptation is great to vote for Rodney as fairy godmother, just because the image got stuck in my head as well...

BTW, fanfiction is progressing rather nicely, though I would have preferred Major Lorne to stay out of my head and the story, as it would have proven I'm not as insane as I think I am.

I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Here we go. Didn't think I'd actually manage it, but here it is: My second Cadman-story ever, "Seize the day", starring Lieutenant Laura Cadman and Major Evan Lorne. It can be seen either as a stand alone or a sequel to the first one, "Out of Reach". don't worry, there will be a third one which will more or less conclude the maybe-trilogy.
          I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
          ------

Comment

.: Thread resurrect! My primary Carson ship (and OTP) is Carson/Teyla but I also love Carson/Laura

Comment

*resurrects thread

So, there's another Beckett/Cadman story done, "Where it all began", a sequel to "Seize the day". This is mostly Beckett/Cadman, but with a good deal of Lorne/Cadman-friendship thrown in. Hope you enjoy it.
              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
              ------

Comment

I updated my Lost City Found drabbles -> FF.net version.

And amongst those drabbles is one Laura/Carson drabble -> Of Kilts And Scots.

Comment

I miss this ship. It fizzled with "The Return" and then took a direct missile hit in "Sunday". But there is a lot of potential to bring it back, now that Carson is around... because I'm fairly sure he was still going out with Laura at the time of Misbegotten (i.e. when his memories diverge) soooo... the chances of reunion could be there... will lots and lots of angst...

And thanks for the link, Falcon Horus.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                    I miss this ship. It fizzled with "The Return" and then took a direct missile hit in "Sunday". But there is a lot of potential to bring it back, now that Carson is around... because I'm fairly sure he was still going out with Laura at the time of Misbegotten (i.e. when his memories diverge) soooo... the chances of reunion could be there... will lots and lots of angst...

And thanks for the link, Falcon Horus.
                    No problem. Actually whenever I can I incorporate Carson/Laura cause they are the cutest. Mmm... maybe there should be an angsty fic about Laura learning of the clone's existence. *ponders*

Comment

*sneaks in*

Too long it has been. Well, I found a fanfic I'd started scribbling back in 2006, when things were all good and well in the SGA world, so I thought I'd finish it and post it.

The results are as follows.

First, Do No Harm (PG)
                      Carson wants to brood. Laura won't let him. (most this is just a bit of fluff)

Comment

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this thread, and i have to say, I LOVE CARSON/LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They ROCK!
                        I really wish they had stayed together and that Carson hadn't died!
                        They are soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute together! I think that if Laura came to Atlantis and saw the Carson clone she would freak out and cry. but that's just me.
                        So, anyway. Carson and Laura rock. And I want to talk with other shippers about them.

P.S. The possible spoilers are in a very light color and you need to drag over them to see it.
                        sigpic

Comment

How could I NOT know about this thread?!?!
                          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

hey AlbinoMonkeyC!! I think I've seen you around. Yeah this thread is old and sadly not very popular, because we didn't see much of Laura and her last mention was back mid-season 3 and it wasn't very good news for the couple!!

But I think Beckett/Cadman was one of the more believable ships presented to us on-screen in SGA. I can't the say the same for some others, but I won't contest canon..... too much.

Valerie_Jackson, as for the clone, I think you're quite right. Maybe you should write it?

Comment

hey AlbinoMonkeyC!! I think I've seen you around. Yeah this thread is old and sadly not very popular, because we didn't see much of Laura and her last mention was back mid-season 3 and it wasn't very good news for the couple!!

But I think Beckett/Cadman was one of the more believable ships presented to us on-screen in SGA. I can't the say the same for some others, but I won't contest canon..... too much.

Valerie_Jackson, as for the clone, I think you're quite right. Maybe you should write it?
                              Oh, I am writing it. You cought me. It starts from Duet, and goes past EATG. It has Fluff, then Gutter, then Angst, then more Ansgt, and even more Angst, and then Fluff.
                              It explorse there 'ship, why they broke up, and a possible...

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Totally second that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X