This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cpt. Ritter
    If anyone would like to tell me how to change the title, I gladly will. I will change it to something like neutral ship discussion ground or something like that. I just don't know how to. I apologize to anyone I've offended.
    Maybe ask one of the moderators. Maybe they can do. They can edit posts so why not threads.
    sigpic

Comment

If anyone would like to tell me how to change the title, I gladly will. I will change it to something like neutral ship discussion ground or something like that. I just don't know how to. I apologize to anyone I've offended.
      Just for the record, NotANumber and I aren't offended at all. We're too easy going.

(If you do want to change the title, just PM a mod. At least one of them has to be up at this hour.)

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        Don't know about you guys but I think that some anti shippers or those who pair up Elizabeth and John with someone else, are trying to find some other explanation to recent events in Atlantis.
        Is there some reason why they shouldn't? For one thing, TPTB have shown a remarkable capacity to change their minds on 'ship issues from season to season, or even from week to week. S/W and S/T have both had their snogs (both under extenuating circumstances, I might add.) Rather than dance to TPTB's ever-changing tune, is it any wonder that it's just easier to ignore the romance factor altogether?
        Secondly, relationships are largely in the eye of the beholder. Obviously most of the main characters on Atlantis have some professional respect and personal regard for one another. At what point this becomes romantic is left up to the viewer to decide, at least until the characters give in and declare their undying passions for one another.
        Finally, some people may SEE the romantic hints, or the "chemistry" between characters, but not embrace them. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to like it. For instance, Lord Zipacna's presence on SG1 is undeniable. He's canon. However, I may hate him with a firey passion, choosing not to watch episodes he is in, fast forwarding through his lines, or ignoring him altogether. I may post that I never want to see Zipacna onscreen again, and I hope TPTB keep the shows free of such drivel as the episodes in which he appears. All this for a character whose presence is undeniable, much more so than any romantic relationship on Atlantis thus far. That makes them still easier to ignore at will. And lest I offend any Zipacna fans, I don't really hate him but he's the least inflammatory example I could come up with at the moment.

Comment

On to my Ship. As I said, I'm a Shepmagen shippper. (See sig if confused) Right from the beginning I saw something different between Shep and Teyla. The Cave scene in "Rising" is something we're over quoted on but it is something that sticks out in my mind, that along with how well he managed to get her to trust him. He threw his most disarming smile at her. Later, just the next episode in fact, he's explaining football to her. OOOHHHH, I'm getting slightly off my point. My apologies. Anyway, I'm draw to Coversion for my biggest point here. In that episode, he does attack Elizabeth, granted he stops after a few seconds when he realizes what he's doing, but there's not even a hint of that when he's in the same position with Teyla only moments later. He doesn't even get near her, he runs away. My question is why? He wasn't completely gone is the only explanation in my mind, something was still there. Hence my shipping beliefs.

And if anyone has a great thread picture that they could make for this thread, I'd be glad to stick it on the first page with credit. I lack the skills to do this, but I know there's tons of talent out there.
          I have to say, yes in the cave-scene they were flirting...but isn't John trying to flirt with the most women on other planets *coughs*??? we've seen that now in what? 4 episodes out of 36 without the Sheyla and Sparky flirting!

About Conversion... well we all have to admit...even as a women...that Teyla is hot... and in fact we can't know what John would have done if the two women would have changed their places and Liz would have been the one stick-fighting (o.k not soo possible ) and Teyla who would have visited him later??? John wasn't really himself anymore and we don't know if he or better the bug wouldn't have tried to rape her in that quarter... not a very good perspective IMO! I think everything under Alien influence is written byTPTB to give us shippers something to discuss, but at the end it's not very much... I don't count the
          Spoiler:
          Kiss
          in The Long Goodbye, as I also don't count the one in Conversion... TPTB just wanted to give both sides something visual

At the very least at the moment the friendship of BOTH pairings is the important thing... I really couldn't imagine something like Elizabeth would kiss John goodbye every time going through the gate or John kissing Teyla in the hallways at the moment... that would end up in a soap opera...so I just hope for the last few episodes and bc I really don't want this show to end in near future, I think we have really much time

Comment

With a name with the word "versus" in it... I daresay it's going to be hard to be positive and have something to say... Are these two ships in some kind of competition doing rounds in a boxing ring... or in need of validation before the courts?

There is already a "Ship Discussion Thread" in existence so why aren't we using that instead of starting a new one with a somewhat inflammatory title. I seem to remember posting in a thread many moons ago called "Atlantis Ship" thread... It was pretty civilized... everyone said what their ship was and away they went.

It begs the question then, as to what the purpose of the this thread is... is it to prove the superiority of one ship over the other or are we supposed to change the other party's mind? If not, why the name... and why can't discussions continue in their separate threads?

The fact that we're using words like "neutral ground" and other politic words seems to imply that we're already in some kind of a war and in need of a ceasefire. I had no idea that such a thing was occurring. I thought ship was about having fun with characters that you love... not about being territorial.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
              Is there some reason why they shouldn't? For one thing, TPTB have shown a remarkable capacity to change their minds on 'ship issues from season to season, or even from week to week. S/W and S/T have both had their snogs (both under extenuating circumstances, I might add.) Rather than dance to TPTB's ever-changing tune, is it any wonder that it's just easier to ignore the romance factor altogether?
              Secondly, relationships are largely in the eye of the beholder. Obviously most of the main characters on Atlantis have some professional respect and personal regard for one another. At what point this becomes romantic is left up to the viewer to decide, at least until the characters give in and declare their undying passions for one another.
              Finally, some people may SEE the romantic hints, or the "chemistry" between characters, but not embrace them. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to like it. For instance, Lord Zipacna's presence on SG1 is undeniable. He's canon. However, I may hate him with a firey passion, choosing not to watch episodes he is in, fast forwarding through his lines, or ignoring him altogether. I may post that I never want to see Zipacna onscreen again, and I hope TPTB keep the shows free of such drivel as the episodes in which he appears. All this for a character whose presence is undeniable, much more so than any romantic relationship on Atlantis thus far. That makes them still easier to ignore at will. And lest I offend any Zipacna fans, I don't really hate him but he's the least inflammatory example I could come up with at the moment.

Poor Zippy, I liked him too!

Only kidding, your post was very well thought out and considered. Problem is you want not to have too much ship or you're continually forwarding the tape...

Comment

I believe in the power of full frontal nudity!

Oh wait . . . . . wrong thread.

Actually, it makes about as much sense as this thread does, so maybe it IS in the right place!

Oh, and one other thing.

RANDOM CHICKEN POST!

Comment

Ah, Droops is back and he's in full form! LOOVE the chicken!!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Poor animal!

Comment

Heh...how interesting...Oh CR...you are a genius...

Hmmm!! I like the idea...but I'm anti-staks....although I'm a Shep/Teyla fan...so hopefully I won't have to deal with on and on droning of complaints about shep and his women. Maybe I'm just too sure of Teyla..who knows; none of these women pose a threat to me, nor does it lessen John's character.

I really have nothing else to say...Maybe the title should be ALL Ships 'R' Us....that would be better. Although there definitely is a lot more drama between these two !! Hahahah!!

Anyway I'll participate in this thread...keepin it real in 2006.

Long live TeJo
                      Bring back Ford 2006!
                      More Lorne 2007!
                      (Gotta throw in my slogans!)

VB
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

It was meant to be a middle ground where Shep/Teyla shippers and Shep/Weir shippers could talk together about ship, since at the time we had alot of people crossing over and getting misunderstood, it since died, and since I also have no control over how the thread is name (beyond initially naming it) it is beyond my control.
                        Join the Ori War Today.Join Now

Comment

Working...
                        X