Clear All

I found this really cute fic yesterday:

http://www.wraithbait.com/viewstory.php?sid=14863
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Very cute!

There are not enough McKay/Carter fics out there, especially on fanfic.
      Spoiler:
      Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
        Very cute!

There are not enough McKay/Carter fics out there, especially on fanfic.
        I know...
        I've written a bunch, though, if you're interested

"Assumptions" (I wrote this way back & it was my first SGA fanfic so it's terrible lol)
        "Inexplicably" (bunch of random oneshots/drabbles)
        "If Only" (I started writing this as SGA season 5 speculation but now it's officially AU...I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue it but I went back and re-read thru it recently & I've decided that I'm going to...when I have the time to get to it LOL)
        "Forever and a Day" (s5 oneshot)
        "Living Through Hell" (s5 oneshot)
        "The Reason" (s5 oneshot)
        "A Seed Among Thorns" (one of my reactions to McKeller lol)
        "Now or Never" (complete fluff AU)
        "Bright Star" (random sad oneshot)
        "Any Other Name" (weird random oneshot that came as a product of my overly literary-analytic brain )
        "Road To Perdition" (yet another excuse for angst/fluff)
        "Deep Breath Before The Plunge" ('nother sad oneshot)
        "The Orpheus Effect" (chapterfic that I have been planning to continue for like, a year, but haven't had the time to work out the plot )

Wow...I never realized just how much fanfic I've written for this pairing before LOL
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          I know...
          I've written a bunch, though, if you're interested

"Assumptions" (I wrote this way back & it was my first SGA fanfic so it's terrible lol)
          "Inexplicably" (bunch of random oneshots/drabbles)
          "If Only" (I started writing this as SGA season 5 speculation but now it's officially AU...I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue it but I went back and re-read thru it recently & I've decided that I'm going to...when I have the time to get to it LOL)
          "Forever and a Day" (s5 oneshot)
          "Living Through Hell" (s5 oneshot)
          "The Reason" (s5 oneshot)
          "A Seed Among Thorns" (one of my reactions to McKeller lol)
          "Now or Never" (complete fluff AU)
          "Bright Star" (random sad oneshot)
          "Any Other Name" (weird random oneshot that came as a product of my overly literary-analytic brain )
          "Road To Perdition" (yet another excuse for angst/fluff)
          "Deep Breath Before The Plunge" ('nother sad oneshot)
          "The Orpheus Effect" (chapterfic that I have been planning to continue for like, a year, but haven't had the time to work out the plot )

Wow...I never realized just how much fanfic I've written for this pairing before LOL
          OMG! Must go read!
          Thank you! I think I've read some of them, but certainly not all.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing a sort of sga sanctuary crossover with nubbins... maybe.

But I'm much better at RP than I am at fic. Oh! A McKay/Carter RP! That's an idea!

Speaking of RP, did you get a chance to read that one that I was pimping the other day?
          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

OMG! Must go read!
            Thank you! I think I've read some of them, but certainly not all.

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing a sort of sga sanctuary crossover with nubbins... maybe.

But I'm much better at RP than I am at fic. Oh! A McKay/Carter RP! That's an idea!

Speaking of RP, did you get a chance to read that one that I was pimping the other day?
            LOL
            I know elly started a fic on her lj about them and nubbins, but she hasn't continued it

But a RP is a brilliant idea! With all this talk of RPs I was thinking of that myself

And the RP with Tesla & Zack? Yeah, I read through all that was there as of yesterday

Oh...I've also made some videos
            So Close
            Breathing Space
            She Loves Me
            The Vision
            What Kind Of Name Is Love?
            Rodney Wishes He Could Be A Fly On The Wall
            I Guess I'll Miss The Man

And I KNOW elly's done a bunch Hers are really good
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

LOL
              I know elly started a fic on her lj about them and nubbins, but she hasn't continued it

But a RP is a brilliant idea! With all this talk of RPs I was thinking of that myself

And the RP with Tesla & Zack? Yeah, I read through all that was there as of yesterday

Oh...I've also made some videos
              So Close
              Breathing Space
              She Loves Me
              The Vision
              What Kind Of Name Is Love?
              Rodney Wishes He Could Be A Fly On The Wall
              I Guess I'll Miss The Man

And I KNOW elly's done a bunch Hers are really good
              I saw that fic! And at the end I was wondering where the rest was...*pouts*

You know,I'll be way less busy after school gets out... , nudge nudge
              And an RP like that would only require two players...

Me is feedback whore, and RPs don't have review sections attached... So seriously, anything you want to say/suggest...

And its still going, We're up to what, 250 tags now?

Yes, Videos, I've seen some of them! I tried to make one once, but I don't know how to get good quality audio onto my movie maker.
              Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I saw that fic! And at the end I was wondering where the rest was...*pouts*

You know,I'll be way less busy after school gets out... , nudge nudge
                And an RP like that would only require two players...

Me is feedback whore, and RPs don't have review sections attached... So seriously, anything you want to say/suggest...

And its still going, We're up to what, 250 tags now?

Yes, Videos, I've seen some of them! I tried to make one once, but I don't know how to get good quality audio onto my movie maker.
                Sweet! We should totally do that RP LOL

As for the Tesla/Zack one, I LOVE it. I cannot wait to read more

lol aww that's too bad about your movie maker

oh...and in terms of fic
                remember that SGA s5 episode "Brain Storm" where Rodney & Jennifer go to earth for that thing on global warming? Yeah...I hated that episode So I've decided to re-write it but have Sam in it instead of Jenn, b/c the whole time I was watching it I was thinking how much more appropriate it would've been had she been Rodney's date instead
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Sweet! We should totally do that RP LOL

As for the Tesla/Zack one, I LOVE it. I cannot wait to read more

lol aww that's too bad about your movie maker

oh...and in terms of fic
                  remember that SGA s5 episode "Brain Storm" where Rodney & Jennifer go to earth for that thing on global warming? Yeah...I hated that episode So I've decided to re-write it but have Sam in it instead of Jenn, b/c the whole time I was watching it I was thinking how much more appropriate it would've been had she been Rodney's date instead
                  We should start coming up with plot ideas for the RP so that when we both have enough time, it'll all be set up to go. Do you have Gmail?

I actually liked that episode... I think it was Rodney not having the biggest ego, and Niel DeGrasse Tyson or however you spell it.

But it definitely would have been better if it had been Sam instead of Jenn. I can't wait to read that!

Do you think we should try to do our own mini shipmas??
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

We should start coming up with plot ideas for the RP so that when we both have enough time, it'll all be set up to go. Do you have Gmail?

I actually liked that episode... I think it was Rodney not having the biggest ego, and Niel DeGrasse Tyson or however you spell it.

But it definitely would have been better if it had been Sam instead of Jenn. I can't wait to read that!

Do you think we should try to do our own mini shipmas??
                    Yeah I have gmail

Haven't used it in a long time, though...I usually use the yahoo one.

But anyway...I hated BS (lol ) b/c I thought the whole thing was a complete BS excuse to randomly throw McKeller in there. I really did not understand why they randomly decided to set up Ronon/Keller and then totally switched it up and decided to stick Jen w/ Rodney instead. I was griping about plot inconsistencies the whole time when that aired. And "The Shrine"! GAH! *headdesk* Sorry, I always thought that McKeller made no sense whatsoever. It was just...random...O.o And personally I think it ruined McKay's character. He just didn't seem right after BS. It...wasn't Rodney...it was like some weird clone

Sam's a better fit...Jen doesn't seem to know exactly how to handle Rodney's "quirks"

EDIT:
                    Mini-shipmas? I'm on!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Yeah I have gmail

Haven't used it in a long time, though...I usually use the yahoo one.

But anyway...I hated BS (lol ) b/c I thought the whole thing was a complete BS excuse to randomly throw McKeller in there. I really did not understand why they randomly decided to set up Ronon/Keller and then totally switched it up and decided to stick Jen w/ Rodney instead. I was griping about plot inconsistencies the whole time when that aired. And "The Shrine"! GAH! *headdesk* Sorry, I always thought that McKeller made no sense whatsoever. It was just...random...O.o And personally I think it ruined McKay's character. He just didn't seem right after BS. It...wasn't Rodney...it was like some weird clone

Sam's a better fit...Jen doesn't seem to know exactly how to handle Rodney's "quirks"

EDIT:
                      Mini-shipmas? I'm on!
                      Gmail is cool cause of the IM thing it has. Its really helpful to be able to IM if your doing a standalone RP thread that is basically intended to be like a fic.

I'm totally with you on Sam being a better fit. I think I OTP them, if that's what its called. I loved Shrine, but the McKeller did seem like it didn't quite fit. I always wondered where it came from, and why. I think it was supposed to be McKay growing up enough to actually be serious about someone other than Sam.

What day should we mini-shipmas?
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Gmail is cool cause of the IM thing it has. Its really helpful to be able to IM if your doing a standalone RP thread that is basically intended to be like a fic.

I'm totally with you on Sam being a better fit. I think I OTP them, if that's what its called. I loved Shrine, but the McKeller did seem like it didn't quite fit. I always wondered where it came from, and why. I think it was supposed to be McKay growing up enough to actually be serious about someone other than Sam.

What day should we mini-shipmas?
                        Yeah, OTP = one true pairing

Hm, a day after the 19th. I have finals up till then
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Yeah, OTP = one true pairing

Hm, a day after the 19th. I have finals up till then
                          Mmmm. I think my last final is on the 18th. So the 20th it is then!

Now I just have to figure out how to work with multiple pictures to make shippy artwork... Know any free programs that let you do that?
                          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Mmmm. I think my last final is on the 18th. So the 20th it is then!

Now I just have to figure out how to work with multiple pictures to make shippy artwork... Know any free programs that let you do that?
                            YAY DOUBLE SHIPMAS!!!!!!!! I think we should call this one Snarkmas

Snarkmas & Rufflemas YAY!! That's going to be a GREAT day

Anyhoo, unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out how to work with multiple pics for artwork too...all I know how to do now is just editing single pics on photobucket

I know some people on the Trooper thread would know, though, since they have a lot of experience what with all the artwork that keeps getting posted on there
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

YAY DOUBLE SHIPMAS!!!!!!!! I think we should call this one Snarkmas

Snarkmas & Rufflemas YAY!! That's going to be a GREAT day

Anyhoo, unfortunately, I'm still trying to figure out how to work with multiple pics for artwork too...all I know how to do now is just editing single pics on photobucket

I know some people on the Trooper thread would know, though, since they have a lot of experience what with all the artwork that keeps getting posted on there
                              Snarkmas! I love it!

Photobucket is what I use too. I like it for what it can do to one pic, but I don't understand why it won't let you use multiple pics!

I guess I should ask over there... Troopers, Hee! I love that.
                              Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Snarkmas! I love it!

Photobucket is what I use too. I like it for what it can do to one pic, but I don't understand why it won't let you use multiple pics!

I guess I should ask over there... Troopers, Hee! I love that.
                                Yep...Tesla Troopers

LOL

'Nyhoo, I wish there were more fans out there
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X