No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spreading the love for the female characters one thread at a time... cause I hate it that the boys seem to be getting more and more attention every day

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And on more for good measure...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Game of Thrones will go at least as long as there are books in the Martin series "A Song of Ice and Fire" so we're good for at least 7 seasons.

Jason as the Dothraki Khallesar was pretty impressive. I really enjoyed watching him perform with so little words.

I read the books before I watch the show, which means I'm a season behind since I'm only at book 2 which I hope to finish this week so I can watch season 2 on DVD next week. And then start book 3.

So far, I've not come across a role that would be fit for Rachel though. People of color are far and in between in Westeros, unless you count the whores in the local taverns. However, if there's a role for her somewhere I'd say it's in the lands where Daenarys is in book 2.

But, I think approximately 3/4 of the cast is British, and it's filmed primeraly in Northern Ireland.
        That's very true, but there are some people of color that aren't prostitutes. I think the hand maiden that Danaerys has is around the same racial make-up as Rachel, but age plays a part there. They could always change a part, like they did with Xaro Xhoan Daxos. From what I read, it's as if they completely changed the character (and that storyline). I think she would be good as some sort of woman of trade in a port city. A girl can dream...

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        I haven't seen game of thrones.
        It's very enjoyable. Good acting, good drama, good stories.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah the guys always seem to get way more attention the the ladies
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
            That's very true, but there are some people of color that aren't prostitutes. I think the hand maiden that Danaerys has is around the same racial make-up as Rachel, but age plays a part there. They could always change a part, like they did with Xaro Xhoan Daxos. From what I read, it's as if they completely changed the character (and that storyline). I think she would be good as some sort of woman of trade in a port city. A girl can dream...
            Dany herself was aged for the show, since in the books she's around 13 years old. Can't say anything about Xaro since I've only read book 2 and haven't seen season 2 yet.

So age wouldn't necessarily have to be an issue.

Comment

^ Wow, well I'm glad she was aged for the series. I think they did that with Joffrey's character too. Thanks for the information there. Gives me hope.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                ^ Wow, well I'm glad she was aged for the series. I think they did that with Joffrey's character too. Thanks for the information there. Gives me hope.
                Pretty much all the kids are older in the series, than they are in the books.

I'm currently three episodes into season 2, and it's disappointing how they're switching things around and just ignore whole chapters.

Anyhoodle, all that's OT and I'm not watching season 3 so discussing in the appropriate threads is impossible.

Comment

Pretty much all the kids are older in the series, than they are in the books.

I'm currently three episodes into season 2, and it's disappointing how they're switching things around and just ignore whole chapters.

Anyhoodle, all that's OT and I'm not watching season 3 so discussing in the appropriate threads is impossible.
                  I guess that's the benefit of seeing the series first. I read the summaries for all of the books, but there you don't get the details that you'd miss seeing seeing on the series. I guess that's enough OT, save for Rachel being a fierce tradeswoman in the series one day. Ahh,

sigpic

Comment

Well, the funny thing is since we started talking about Rachel as a potential GoT character, I've been on the look-out for on as I read.

Comment

Oooh, good. Tell me if you find something.

sigpic

Comment

Ford&Teyla.JPG

Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I tried to post a nice little picture of Teyla and Ford. I'll have to see if the instructions for posting pictures have changed since I've last done it.

sigpic

Comment

You should put the image-link in between [IMG ][/ IMG]-tags (without the spaces). You uploaded it as an attachment to GW.

Comment

Ooh nice pic.

F.H. Does your icon have some meaning. It's just I saw the same icons on the Xena movie campaign comments when we were voting for Xena in the half price books tournament finale and I don't know what it means.

Oh yeah, Xena won. She rocks And Teyla of course. hmm I wonder what it would be like to have Xena and Teyla in the same show Two kickass females.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here you go - the meaning of my avatar --> Human Rights Campaign <-- it's for marriage equality.

Comment

Here you go - the meaning of my avatar --> Human Rights Campaign <-- it's for marriage equality.
                                Oh right, thanks. When I saw a few folks had the same icon I wondered what it was for. Looks like someone made their own variation on the icon using Xena's sword and chakram. It's pretty cool. Not to go into detail on this thread but everyone should have a right to marry who they want. No one has a right to tell anyone who they can and can't marry.

Okay no more off topicness from me, I don't wanna get in trouble
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X