No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hey, I've been busy too, I gotta play momma to three momma cats, and four other cats/kittens (I now have a grande total of 18 cats!) And also am married so yeah, also have a job, actors can't exactly act when they're with child now can they?

Sheeshe I still gotta thank Yuki for getting me this job 'bonus' >.<

Anyhow, what is this about Underworld four ? is Rachel In it ??? (please say yes!!)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      Anyhow, what is this about Underworld four ? is Rachel In it ??? (please say yes!!)
      No, sorry... Lloyd is working on it, up in Vancouver.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just heard from Jeyla!! She's ok. I can't say what's is going on, but RL will prevent her from coming on for sometime. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She's taking a break for a bit. Thank you guys for all your wishes and prayers. *HUGS*

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          Just heard from Jeyla!! She's ok. I can't say what's is going on, but RL will prevent her from coming on for sometime. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She's taking a break for a bit. Thank you guys for all your wishes and prayers. *HUGS*
          Will do - thank you for letting us know. I'm glad she's ok.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

That's good to hear. Thanks for the update. Sending positive energy her way.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

You're welcome guys. If I know more I'll let you know. *HUGS*

Comment

I was asked this in another thread, but I'm curious as to what other Teyla-fans think...

Concerning The Queen:

What do you think it brought to Teyla's character, what lasting effects did you see on her from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I was asked this in another thread, but I'm curious as to what other Teyla-fans think...

Concerning The Queen:

What do you think it brought to Teyla's character, what lasting effects did you see on her from it?
                  Whenever I think about The Queen, I realize that I haven't had time to catch up on fanfic the last few years. Because I've run across a couple of fics that followed up on this episode, but I haven't had time to read them.

Anyway, back to the episode.

The way I see it, whatever was done to make Teyla a Queen, only tapped into what was already there. This episode took me back to season one where we first found out about Teyla's Wraith DNA. I've always felt that one reason why Teyla was so into meditation and tired to maintain a calm presence was because she had to keep a tight hold on the Wraith side of her as well as the natural warrior side of her.

In The Gift, she was ragged and on edge because she felt like she was losing control. At the time, she didn't know about her Wraith DNA and I had the feeling that this wasn't the first time that she felt like she was losing control, but that in the past the feeling was usually more manageable because of the lack of a sustained Wraith presence. Before she joined Atlantis, I could see her occasionally having one of these more aggressive than usual moments and then going off on her own until she got herself back under control and then not telling anyone about what she had gone through.

One reason why watching her deal with Ronon has always been so fascinating to me is that I could see that she understood his anger and aggression because she had a lifetime of struggling to find the right balance between her dual nature. I think even without the Wraith DNA, she would have been a combo of a warrior and a peacemaker, but that sometimes her Wraith side came too much to the surface and this scared her. I see her as taking great pride in her ability to control her aggression, so that when she felt that control slipping in The Gift she was a wreck. A snappy, irritable wreck. I loved it!

In contrast, after she was turned into a Queen in The Queen, she had started to fully embrace her Wraith side and there should have been long-term effects. It was interesting to watch her try to fight it at first, similar to way she had handled dealing with her Wraith DNA in the past. But when she finally let go, I was practically salivating at the thought of reading fanfic about this episode.

Unfortunately, within the show, the writers didn't do a good job in showing any long-term effects for Teyla, but if I squint really hard, I can see a bit of Queen-Teyla joining regular hard-ass, no-nonsense Teyla in that scene with Michael on the tower. Although I think the result would have been the same whether Queen-Teyla had made an appearance or not, the complete and utter disdain she showed for Michael at the end was pure Queen-Teyla, to me.

I believe this because I always had the feeling that even though Teyla didn't trust him, that there was some part of her that still felt some empathy or sense of responsibility for Michael's existence, so that she would have been a bit less cold in that scene had Queen-Teyla not showed up.

IMO, not having Teyla/Todd scenes included in the mid-season 2-parter was a waste and one of my biggest disappointments in Season 5. Especially, since their last scene in The Queen seemed to promise that there was more to come.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

Gosh, I love reading your insights. They are awesome!

Mmm... I hadn't thought about it that way. Interesting way of explaining things. Like a vampire with a soul... sorta... Or in this case a human with a little vampire inside.

I think I have too much Angel on my mind at the moment...

So, this fic you know... *wink wink* Got any links to share?

Comment

Yes, human with a bit of vampire inside is a good way to describe Teyla's situation. As for those Teyla fanfics, I have to find them. I'll share them as soon as I can.

Today, i visited fanfiction.net for the first time in months. Now, I have to hit the other fanfic sites. Between catching up on fanfic and the books, I'm going to need to try to find a lot of extra time.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                        Today, i visited fanfiction.net for the first time in months. Now, I have to hit the other fanfic sites. Between catching up on fanfic and the books, I'm going to need to try to find a lot of extra time.
                        FF.net - I'm a member but so rarely go there lately I get lost on it these days.

Actually the last time I visited was for SeaQuest DSV fic - learned rather quickly that most of it is Lucas-fic, and that wasn't what I was looking for.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us updated sci.

Concerning The Queen:

hmm, what it brought to Teyla's character? Not sure cause we barely saw her after that

I would however liked to have seen some fallout from it. She in essence got turned into a Wraith Queen. That in itself had to have had some kind of effect. At the end we saw her staring at her feeding hand. What was she thinking? What was she feeling? If SGA was good at anything it was bringing up questions without giving us any answers, or giving us a glimpse of something then forgetting all about it and leaving us wondering *cough* Teyla getting injected by Michael *cough*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            hmm, what it brought to Teyla's character? Not sure cause we barely saw her after that

I would however liked to have seen some fallout from it. She in essence got turned into a Wraith Queen. That in itself had to have had some kind of effect. At the end we saw her staring at her feeding hand. What was she thinking? What was she feeling? If SGA was good at anything it was bringing up questions without giving us any answers, or giving us a glimpse of something then forgetting all about it and leaving us wondering *cough* Teyla getting injected by Michael *cough*
                            Unfortunately you make a good point about SGA giving questions but no answers. I'm sure if Teyla had been a guy of McKay's stature we would have gotten an answer.

Comment

Unfortunately you make a good point about SGA giving questions but no answers. I'm sure if Teyla had been a guy of McKay's stature we would have gotten an answer.
                              We wouldn't only have gotten an answer, we'd have gotten a novel about the answer
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                We wouldn't only have gotten an answer, we'd have gotten a novel about the answer
                                LOL! So very true...

Comment

Working...
                                X