Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    HOPE!!!! *runs and tackle hugs* Where you been, I haven't seen you in like.....aaaaaaaaaaaaages...

Okay I got some questions.

1. Is Rodney in the fics?
    2. Is Keller in the fics?

Nope, I think that's it
    *HUGS* Aw!! You miss me. Hi Ninja! How are you feeling? And how is those members of your family doing? I hope everyone is on the road to recovery. RL has been busy. I don't feel like working today though, so I'm taking it easy even if I have a desk full of papers.

To answer your questions...

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

I wouldn't want to see you hitting your head on the desk like that.

And because I am afraid to mentioned anything remotely JT in here, I didn't recommend this fic earlier, but I decided I will rec it. It is AU based on the first two seasons of SGA. Teyla is totally kick a** It is however told from John's POV for the most part. It is a great read!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5121698/1/First_Contacts

And Linda, no Rodney in this one too!
    sigpic
    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
      *HUGS* Aw!! You miss me. Hi Ninja! How are you feeling? And how is those members of your family doing? I hope everyone is on the road to recovery. RL has been busy. I don't feel like working today though, so I'm taking it easy even if I have a desk full of papers.

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

And because I am afraid to mentioned anything remotely JT in here, I didn't recommend this fic earlier, but I decided I will rec it. It is AU based on the first two seasons of SGA. Teyla is totally kick a** It is however told from John's POV for the most part. It is a great read!!

Yes I miss you I'm fine. My gran isn't doing so good though Oh you skiver

Cool, then I'll read them

Awesome, will also read this
      sigpic

Comment

Yes I miss you I'm fine. My gran isn't doing so good though Oh you skiver

Cool, then I'll read them

Awesome, will also read this
        Aw, miss you too. Glad to hear. So you are enjoying eating food again you can taste... Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear. I hope your gran pull through. *HUGS* LOL! You banging your head on a desk is painful to watch too.

Good.

Check out the pic spam too. I think you will like that too. I love Tielan's commentary(ies) that went with piccies.
        sigpic
        Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Aw, miss you too. Glad to hear. So you are enjoying eating food again you can taste... Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear. I hope your gran pull through. *HUGS* LOL! You banging your head on a desk is painful to watch too.

Good.

Check out the pic spam too. I think you will like that too. I love Tielan's commentary(ies) that went with piccies.
          Yep it's good to be able to taste again

I saw the pic spam, cool spam
          sigpic

Comment

Just dropping off a few Teyla related stuff..

Teyla's fic from the episode, The Queen

http://tielan.livejournal.com/436393.html

A Teyla and Sam fic
            http://tielan.livejournal.com/434056.html

A truly awesome Teyla's pic spam...

http://community.livejournal.com/choc_fic/140944.html

Enjoy...

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

Hope, thanks for sharing these goodies.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Yep it's good to be able to taste again

I saw the pic spam, cool spam
              I can imagine. I was sick once so bad with a cold that I lost my appetite for days. Then I couldn't taste anything. I had to force myself to eat some solid food.

I thought the pic spam was cool too.

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
              Hope, thanks for sharing these goodies.
              NP. I just hope you guys enjoy them.

And this little news was posted this morning by Jo Graham, one of the writers of the upcoming SGA's novels.

I've also got a short story coming out this month. Issue 33 of the official Stargate magazine will feature a story from me about Teyla at the beginning of the series, just before The Rising. You can order it online (look under back issues -- 33's not out yet, but it will be on the 24th) or from your local comic book store. It's called Gods and Heroes, and is very much my take on Teyla, and on the legacy of the Ancients.
              I will be checking this out.
              sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

And this little news was posted this morning by Jo Graham, one of the writers of the upcoming SGA's novels.

I've also got a short story coming out this month. Issue 33 of the official Stargate magazine will feature a story from me about Teyla at the beginning of the series, just before The Rising. You can order it online (look under back issues -- 33's not out yet, but it will be on the 24th) or from your local comic book store. It's called Gods and Heroes, and is very much my take on Teyla, and on the legacy of the Ancients.
                I will be checking this out.
                Cool, I'll be checking this out too. I can't believe that I didn't know about these SGA novels until just recently when I read Cazz's updates in the Teyla/Sheppard ship thread. I'm more excited about them than I am about a movie written by the SGA series writers. Because, unlike the series writers, the writers of these novels seem to be more open to exploring more than just a tiny part of SGA... over and over again.

While I was reading Cazz's updates, I thought I would pass out from excitement because the writers of these novels are planning to tap into so many issues that I wanted to see explored on screen. If there is an SGA movie, at some point, then I hope the writers of that movie wouldn't be too proud to enlist the help of writers like Jo Graham. Or better yet, I would love to see the SGA novelists write the movie script instead of the series writers.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Just stopping in with a reminder that The Women of the Gate Ficathon and Art Challenge is open for prompts until February 27th.

The LJ community celebrates all the Stargate ladies and aims to promote more fic/art which highlights strong female friendships, women kicking serious butt and saving the world/galaxy/universe.

You can find all the information about the latest ficathon/art challenge and how to leave a prompt here.

Sign-up for authors and artists will be open from March 1st.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                    Cool, I'll be checking this out too. I can't believe that I didn't know about these SGA novels until just recently when I read Cazz's updates in the Teyla/Sheppard ship thread. I'm more excited about them than I am about a movie written by the SGA series writers. Because, unlike the series writers, the writers of these novels seem to be more open to exploring more than just a tiny part of SGA... over and over again.

While I was reading Cazz's updates, I thought I would pass out from excitement because the writers of these novels are planning to tap into so many issues that I wanted to see explored on screen. If there is an SGA movie, at some point, then I hope the writers of that movie wouldn't be too proud to enlist the help of writers like Jo Graham. Or better yet, I would love to see the SGA novelists write the movie script instead of the series writers.
                    You were not the only one. I found out on LJ and I am happy I did. I get most of my updates on LJ too. I'm not on GW all that much to begin with and even less these days. I agree with everything you said especially the sections I highlighted. And yes I would much prefer for these novelists to write the movie script than the series writers. I think they each have their favorite characters as well, but their focus don't seem to be focus on that character(s) to the exclusion of the other characters - which is refreshing to hear. And it does reaffirm my opinions of the show writers...as long as the show writers have anything to do with the movie script, I would have major reservations about that script. Even though at this point the movie looks in doubt.

Here is a little first story for Teyla posted by Jo...

I am springborn, so I was already weaned my second summer when my mother walked through the Ring of the Ancestors and never came back. My mother was Tegan of the Gate Field, of Emege That Was, and she was beautiful and wild both. My father loved her, and how not, when she was like the storm on the mountains or the wild birds in flight? Four years they lived together, four years they dreamed, and my second summer she walked through the gate and never returned, a smile on her lips and her pack on her back. She was Tegan, and nothing could hold her. She was meant for walking away.
                    Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post

Just stopping in with a reminder that The Women of the Gate Ficathon and Art Challenge is open for prompts until February 27th.

The LJ community celebrates all the Stargate ladies and aims to promote more fic/art which highlights strong female friendships, women kicking serious butt and saving the world/galaxy/universe.

You can find all the information about the latest ficathon/art challenge and how to leave a prompt here.

Sign-up for authors and artists will be open from March 1st.
                    Thanks for the reminder. I would love to be able to participate.
                    sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Hi everyone!!! Haven't been here in ages!!!!

I have good news for you Rachel fans. As you know, the reason I love Atlantis so much was and is because of Rachel's performance as Teyla. My love for John and Teyla came out through her eyes.

So, I'm always looking for things Teyla/Rachel related and when I read that she came out in the cover of Amazing Canadian Fashion Magazine, I tried everything I could to get my hands on the issue, but no luck.

I even emailed the company but to no avail.

But I never give up.

This friday I emailed them again, and I was pleasantly surprised. The editor in Chief emailed me and I've had the most wonderful correspondence back to back. In which I've accomplished to get a copy of Rachel's cover issue even though it's no longer the current edition in stands.

So, the editor in chief has posted a note on the site. If you are interested in receiving a copy of this issue with Rachel on the cover page along with the rest of the article regarding her, all you have to do is email the editor in chief here:

[email protected]

Go to the subscription website here:

http://www.amazingcanadianfashion.ca...ibe_Today.html

Scroll down and you will read the following;

Copies of our Rachel Luttrell Edition are still available in limited supply and can still be ordered. Please inquire at : ACF Customer Service

Apparently, they have several copies of this issue available and with a paid subscription, they are willing to send you a copy of the issue.

If you do go ahead and do this...I'd appreciate the following:

a. Mention that you found this out thru Camy
                      b. You PM me here in GW and let me know that you have actually gotten in touch with the editor in chief and that you have a paid subscription and will receive your Rachel copy.

I only ask for this to get an idea of how many of you are going to do it.

I'm so excited about this. Not only we'll we be supporting Rachel but you will get a very good and high quality magazine. Just keep in mind that there are three different quotes for the subscription. One is for the Canadians, another for United States and the last for International.

So, guys....go and support Rachel and this magazine that is truly striving to go out of the box of the hollywood tabloid type of magazines and doing high quality fashion articles for those around the world. It's a small company that's just starting off and like I mentioned, very personal and supportive crew from what I've experienced so far and to think that this offer is because of my persistent attitude!!!! WOHOOOO!!!!

hugs!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

You were not the only one. I found out on LJ and I am happy I did. I get most of my updates on LJ too. I'm not on GW all that much to begin with and even less these days. I agree with everything you said especially the sections I highlighted. And yes I would much prefer for these novelists to write the movie script than the series writers. I think they each have their favorite characters as well, but their focus don't seem to be focus on that character(s) to the exclusion of the other characters - which is refreshing to hear. And it does reaffirm my opinions of the show writers...as long as the show writers have anything to do with the movie script, I would have major reservations about that script. Even though at this point the movie looks in doubt.

Here is a little first story for Teyla posted by Jo...

Thanks for the reminder. I would love to be able to participate.
                        I wou8ld very much accept Alan McCullough writing the script. He was one that didn't let his favouritism get in the way of his writing
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, y'all. Sharing some more Rachel loveliness...

Feel free to use.

Comment

Very nice csom221
                            sigpic

Comment

Very nice csom221
                              Thanks. Hey, I love your Doris Day sig--she was so cute, wasn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by csom221 View Post
                                Thanks. Hey, I love your Doris Day sig--she was so cute, wasn't she?
                                Thanks Yep she was, and she was a great singer and actress And after stepping out of the limelight she dedicated her life to helping animals
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X