Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yes she was.....I've loved her so far in S5....I was cautiously optimistic about S5 before it started and so far i'm very happy
    I'm glad that they are making Teyla the obvious, more a part of the team and with a clear purpose. No longer is she only the embassador and ally that can communicate with the others worlds, or the warrior that can kick anyone's butt, or the Wraith mind reader that can shot down a Wraith Queen with a single thought while still pregnant, not just the voice of reason in the team, not just the hot alien female team member, not just the one that can easily fly a Wraith Hive Ship with only her mind, but she's right there next to Rodney figuring out all the ins and out of the Deddy....

Yeah, she was boring, wasn't she?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      I'm glad that they are making Teyla the obvious, more a part of the team and with a clear purpose. No longer is she only the embassador and ally that can communicate with the others worlds, or the warrior that can kick anyone's butt, or the Wraith mind reader that can shot down a Wraith Queen with a single thought while still pregnant, not just the voice of reason in the team, not just the hot alien female team member, not just the one that can easily fly a Wraith Hive Ship with only her mind, but she's right there next to Rodney figuring out all the ins and out of the Deddy....

Yep very boring

To be honest i've never thought of her as boring.....I always loved watching Teyla...Yes even in S4 even though i wasn't very happy about the pregnancy storyline but Teyla aways held my interest

But maybe now folks will stop calling her boring and useless......Aye right,like that's ever gonna happen

But who cares,i love watching her and that's all that matters

This new skill has just given her another dimension
      sigpic

Comment

I know exactly what you mean...what research are you doing, FH?
        Still counting words and screentime... as long as SGA runs, I'm counting.

But maybe now folks will stop calling her boring and useless......Aye right,like that's ever gonna happen
        Actually, now she's being Carter 2.0 ... that's what I have seen so far in the comments.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Actually, now she's being Carter 2.0 ... that's what I have seen so far in the comments.
          Oh for crying out loud....They complain when she doesn't do anything..Now they're complaining when she does do something...I swear there's just no pleasing some folks
          sigpic

Comment

Oh for crying out loud....They complain when she doesn't do anything..Now they're complaining when she does do something...I swear there's just no pleasing some folks
            No, I think it was about how she's all caught up with computers and stuff, coming from simple people who never saw any of that technology before. And probably because it was never really shown, apart from here and there a mention. I can see where they are coming from, actually.

I guess, that's what happens when you don't use your character all that much in the first place.

Comment

No, I think it was about how she's all caught up with computers and stuff, coming from simple people who never saw any of that technology before. And probably because it was never really shown, apart from here and there a mention. I can see where they are coming from, actually.

I guess, that's what happens when you don't use your character all that much in the first place.
              It's not like it's the first time she's ever used a computer....She's actually pretty smart and if it wasn't for the wraith i'm positive her people would have built a great society over the centuries......She could have been learning about computers and stuff for a while but just not on screen...And she's a quick learner!

Some folks just try to find any excuse to bash Teyla....In some folks eyes no matter what she does will never be enough.....She could save the whole universe and it would never be enough!
              sigpic

Comment

WOW.....That is fab
                Thank you
                Haven't been here in awhile. but Rachel was FANTASTIC as always in The Deadelous Variations.
                ITA
                Yes she was.....I've loved her so far in S5....I was cautiously optimistic about S5 before it started and so far i'm very happy
                Me too i had hope and it's even better so I'm really happy
                Mmm...the only thing I'm not happy about is those giant adds during the episode. Rachel isn't tall, and those stupid adds cut off lots of space on the screen. If you get my meaning...
                ITA

this is a standing ovation from me
                Yep very boring

To be honest i've never thought of her as boring.....I always loved watching Teyla...Yes even in S4 even though i wasn't very happy about the pregnancy storyline but Teyla aways held my interest

But who cares,i love watching her and that's all that matters

This new skill has just given her another dimension
                Personally I only thought that it was a critic from certain part of fan who dislike having a female in the team and it bugged with their high level of testoterone (and I would have thought that would make them happy *sigh*) but totally untrue because when you see how much Ronon is loved while he does even less than Teyla we can assure that the problem isn't that she is useless but she is a problem for certain people
                It's not like it's the first time she's ever used a computer....She's actually pretty smart and if it wasn't for the wraith i'm positive her people would have built a great society over the centuries......She could have been learning about computers and stuff for a while but just not on screen...And she's a quick learner!

Some folks just try to find any excuse to bash Teyla....In some folks eyes no matter what she does will never be enough.....She could save the whole universe and it would never be enough!
                ITA and I'm really happy that the authors insist in what we saw since the start. We had proof since the begginng that Teyla was pretty smart but people who wanted to don't see it never see it. I saw people said things on Teyla and others things where I asked myself if really I watched the same show. It was subtle but the authors always give us hints that Teyla was really good and here they put it in front of everybody
                sigpic
                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Daedalus variation icons
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Okay, not obvious enough... Okay, so I'm rewatching The Seed over and over again to do my research stuff (2 more to go and I can move onto Broken Ties) and due to the actors not all being equal in height it happens that certain shots are in a frame where we get see Sheppard from the chest up and by his side is Teyla. Yet, Rachel is quite a head smaller than Joe which means, less of her in the frame.

Then comes the night of the episode, and SciFi decides to add giant adds of Eureka and Scare Tactics which take up half the screen, and what happens.... Rachel disappears for more than half of her length currently in the frame, while Joe still has more than ample of his frame in the scene.

Basically I hate those giant adds for being so bloody giant!
                    Rachael is taller than me, so I have no problem w/ that....
                    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                      Rachael is taller than me, so I have no problem w/ that....
                      Oh, you're small...

I have an issue with it... When I'm watching something I have issues with anything that disrupts the image, such as subtitles or (giant) messages. And it kills the joys of videomaking completely.

Comment

Oh, you're small...

I have an issue with it... When I'm watching something I have issues with anything that disrupts the image, such as subtitles or (giant) messages. And it kills the joys of videomaking completely.
                        I'm the smallest one in my family, my younger brother is bigger than me, go fig...

Subtitiles suck. I want to enjoy what I'm watching, not read the text at the bottom of the screen (my bother used to be into subtitles, thank god I got him off)

Comment

Subtitiles suck. I want to enjoy what I'm watching, not read the text at the bottom of the screen (my bother used to be into subtitles, thank god I got him off)
                          One of the reasons why I like Wall-E so much... there's no talking, and thus no subtitling or not much anyway.

Comment

One of the reasons why I like Wall-E so much... there's no talking, and thus no subtitling or not much anyway.
                            nice! now I have to see Wall-E!! Is the humor mostly slapstick?

Comment

Is the humor mostly slapstick?
                              Nope, it's very subtle and funny. Personally, I'd have to say that at some point I forgot Wall-E's a robot and not a person. The emotions he displays and the things he does are very sentient.

Comment

Nope, it's very subtle and funny. Personally, I'd have to say that at some point I forgot Wall-E's a robot and not a person. The emotions he displays and the things he does are very sentient.
                                nice!! I will have to see it now!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X