No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else here wowed by reading the season 4 spoilers for The Seer, wow, I'm just completely blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
      Anybody else here wowed by reading the season 4 spoilers for The Seer, wow, I'm just completely blown away.
      Wowed not so much, shocked all the more.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wasn't too excited about it, but the more I think of it and the more I read others comments,

Spoiler:
        I can't wait to see Teyla pregnant...she is going to glow! and I can't wait to see how Rachel will tackle this challenge....it doens't matter how it plays out, she will have some emotional issues to deal with and how all of this is going to unfold and her people missing....WOW, it will be indeed a very interesting Teyla season!

Certainly our artwork will look very different!

Spoiler:
        you guys should start downloading baby wallies and brushes!

I think it will be very exciting!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Wowed not so much, shocked all the more.
          Yeah, that's probably the right word for it, shocked. I would have not pegged Teyla for that to happen to. Probably Elizabeth, but in a more probable way. The Sparky way, lol

Comment

Yeah, that's probably the right word for it, shocked. I would have not pegged Teyla for that to happen to. Probably Elizabeth, but in a more probable way. The Sparky way, lol
            I would have preferred no way, either spanky or sparky. (the only ship I go out of my way to read ship-fic is John/Kate)
            But, you know maybe it's done well and then I'm okay with. And if it's a real life thing they have to work around, that's even better, I guess.

Comment

I would have preferred no way, either spanky or sparky. (the only ship I go out of my way to read ship-fic is John/Kate)
              But, you know maybe it's done well and then I'm okay with. And if it's a real life thing they have to work around, that's even better, I guess.
              I've never heard of that pairing, ever. Wow, this is a first.

Comment

I've never heard of that pairing, ever. Wow, this is a first.
                That ain't hard with all the McShep, Sparky & Spanky floating around. You just have to know where to look.

Comment

That ain't hard with all the McShep, Sparky & Spanky floating around. You just have to know where to look.
                  Ah, the pairings I hate the most are McShep, Sheyla, Weadek, and McWeir.

Comment

Ah, the pairings I hate the most are McShep, Sheyla, Weadek, and McWeir.
                    I don't really hate any of the pairings that exist, i just choose not to read them because they don't really float my boat.
                    I'm an avid Teyla/Kate-fan, Kate/anyone, and I find myself wondering about Kate/Keller.

And sorry to everyone else for being completely off-topic so I rectify this with a Rachel-goody...

Comment

If there's a practical reason for the storyline then I'm not surprised.

If the storyline is the sum and total of Teyla's S4 storyline, and the character development which was promised, then I'm a little annoyed since
                      Spoiler:
                      they've already had the Baby!Storyline in early SG1 (Sha're's son) and recent SG1 (Vala's daughter).

As far as Teyla having a child goes, I'd see her as much more likely to get pregnant than Elizabeth - if pregnancy was even a necessity for any female character in the show.

For starters, she's younger than Elizabeth and more likely to still be fertile; then, too, the character comes from a background where re-population would be an issue considering her people have been constantly hunted by the Wraith.

Elizabeth would appear to have put her career ahead of children - an 'either/or' proposition that is very much present and accounted for in Earth society, but not necessarily in Pegasus that we've seen so far - an advantage that Teyla has over Elizabeth.

On the whole, however, I'm going to wait and see what comes of it. Hopefully more Teyla stories and more acting opportunities for Rachel as Teyla, even if I don't necessarily like the way they're likely to have to handle the storyline.

Sel.

Comment

I wouldn't say there are pairings I hate: there are pairings I see as more likely than others, and pairings whose dynamics I have issues with.

Then again, there are people I like and people I dislike, and those lines of liking and disliking are not always held to what they ship or what character they prefer. I like individuals based on the pros and cons of them as individuals, not just because they like what I like.

As far as Teyla goes, I like most pairings involving her, although I tend to prefer Teyla and Ronon as friends with a sibling-like vibe.

The relationship between Teyla and Ronon comes across as very older sister/younger, pesky brother familiar to me - possibly shades of me and my younger stepbrother. So I don't see it as a pairing. Friends, compatriots, team-mates, partners-in-crime - sure. Lovers? No.

In addition to interviews with Jason Momoa, the episode Sunday has suggested
                        Spoiler:
                        that Ronon sees himself as more of a friend-and-brother to Teyla than a lover. Which suits me fine. As does John's initial declaration that there's no-one he likes in Atlantis, promptly followed by his concern over Teyla's injury.

Comment

*Waves shyly* Hello... I'm currently working on an SGA team 'toon, and I've finished Teyla... just thought you might like to see her. It's first time I've ever drawn her (and I didn't use any specific references... bad me!), so I hope I don't offend you all *too* much... I have to say that she's been the perfect angel - an absolute joy to draw! (Which is more than can be said for McKay.... )

(I hope I'm in the right place this time... this Teyla thread seems to have pictures in it and the other one didn't - since I'm easily confused, if I'm doing a bad thing, please tell me! )
                          Last edited by Gatebunny; 28 April 2007, 11:12 AM.
                          I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                          Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Wow, that's super-awesome! Well done... *thumbs up*
                            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 28 April 2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much!

Got to admit, she is an absolutely lovely muse - so striking and beautiful... I will definitely be drawing her again .
                              I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                              Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebunny View Post
                                Got to admit, she is an absolutely lovely muse - so striking and beautiful... I will definitely be drawing her again .
                                That would be really cool if you did.

Comment

Working...
                                X