• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    What makes her think he has? *iz confused*

*doesn't see anything native American*

Weird???
    Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

Wonder what made her think that?
    Iiiiii have no idea. Alright, yes, I have... she spent a little time researching Native American actors... and yeah, she already half admitted she may have been seeing more than there is to see. But I still want that question answered now (because once I hack my jaws into something like this I can't rest until I have an answer... once made me write an e-mail to Rebecca Gablé (kethry might know her) regarding one of the statements about British royalty she made in one of her books and which my mother strongly objected to... turned out I was right in believing Miss Gablé, because she answered with a very lovely long e-mail ).
    I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.
    ------
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
      Lovely

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
      Your banners are all great, kethry! Much better than my first attempts
      Thanks. *blushes*

I've made wallpapers, book marks and calenders for the longest time, but never a banner. And I hesitate to use them here, because there are so many very talented people around whose banners I greatly admire. Mine look like the poor sister's attempt compared to them.

Well, we'll see. maybe once I have made my first dozen or two, I will feel comfortable enough to use them.
      sigpic
      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

What makes her think he has? *iz confused*

*doesn't see anything native American*

Weird???
        Okay, the blue eyes dont help enhance the picture, but the tat on his am, he looks darker in some pics and with the dark hair - and (I found it) his mom's name was (supposedly) June Hawk. And being from the northern part of the Province... to me it adds up. Not sure, tho, might he find that question a bit too personal?
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I've made wallpapers, book marks and calenders for the longest time, but never a banner. And I hesitate to use them here, because there are so many very talented people around whose banners I greatly admire. Mine look like the poor sister's attempt compared to them.
          Not a bit. The best looking banner in my bunch was made be SeNedra... the rest was me
          I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
          ------

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
            Okay, the blue eyes dont help enhance the picture, but the tat on his am, he looks darker in some pics and with the dark hair - and (I found it) his mom's name was (supposedly) June Hawk.
            I guess that would suffice for my mum

Not sure, tho, might he find that question a bit too personal?
            Alright, good point.
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
              Iiiiii have no idea. Alright, yes, I have... she spent a little time researching Native American actors... and yeah, she already half admitted she may have been seeing more than there is to see. But I still want that question answered now (because once I hack my jaws into something like this I can't rest until I have an answer... once made me write an e-mail to Rebecca Gablé (kethry might know her) regarding one of the statements about British royalty she made in one of her books and which my mother strongly objected to... turned out I was right in believing Miss Gablé, because she answered with a very lovely long e-mail ).
              Die Hüter der Rose??? Off the top of my head...

Cool that she answered, though I think she is about my age and we are a very polite generation. *cough, cough*

Btw, what makes you think Kavan would answer that question? It falls into the personal question category and he almost never answers these truthfully.
              sigpic

Comment

Btw, what makes you think Kavan would answer that question? It falls into the personal question category and he almost never answers these truthfully.
                The only reason I could see him answering truthfully would be - and how do I put this - if he is 'proud of his heritage' and doesnt care if people know. Alot of (and we still use the term Indians around here) do opennly express pride in it. On the other hand, many dont make a big deal about it either. I guess it would depend on his point of view on the subject. I think it could be a very sticky question... if he is and denies it- he could piss people off, if he isnt and makes light of it.... same thing. (okay, I'll quit preaching)
                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Die Hüter der Rose??? Off the top of my head...
                  Yep, the very one.

Cool that she answered, though I think she is about my age and we are a very polite generation. *cough, cough*
                  Actually I thought she belongs to a generation of authors who aren't as close to their readers as authors of the myspace-generation, but obviously I was wrong.

I see your point, and quite frankly I wouldn't mind if he didn't want to answer or wouldn't answer truthfully... in fact, I do like his goofing around (because it's much more charming than for example JM's reaction to questions he doesn't like). So... if someone dares to ask... go ahead. If no one wants to, it's fine by me as well. I might hack my jaws into things like this, but I can also be surprisingly (for me, that is) patient
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Okay, the blue eyes dont help enhance the picture, but the tat on his am, he looks darker in some pics and with the dark hair - and (I found it) his mom's name was (supposedly) June Hawk. And being from the northern part of the Province... to me it adds up. Not sure, tho, might he find that question a bit too personal?

Not that it matters in any way, and not to say you might not have a point, but is any of that really a pointer for native American ancestry? *reminds people that she has absolutely no idea of what biological heritage means apart from Mendel's tulip and rabbit theories*

Okay, Mendel said that dark eyes (brown) would be dominant, right?

Kavan himself admitted the tat was a folly from his youth to impress a girlfriend who wasn't impressed.

Does he really look darker in some pics or isn't it rather the picture quality?

And what is so strange about a name like June Hawk?
                    Always assuming it is his mom's name. If Kavan said it is, then I seriously doubt it is true.

Ah well, we'll never know and Row will be biting her nails forever.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah well, we'll never know and Row will be biting her nails forever.
                      Like I said... I can be very patient about it (and usually one of my biggest faults is that I'm a very impatient person who wants everything immediately).
                      I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                      ------

Comment

Okay, seriously confused now on the order of events.

So what came when...first interview, then Q&A and then what? Or some other way around?
                        Interview, then public Q&A, *then* he wrote 'skank' on my picture Autographs were in the afternoon after all the Q&A's had finished.

Comment

The only reason I could see him answering truthfully would be - and how do I put this - if he is 'proud of his heritage' and doesnt care if people know. Alot of (and we still use the term Indians around here) do opennly express pride in it. On the other hand, many dont make a big deal about it either. I guess it would depend on his point of view on the subject. I think it could be a very sticky question... if he is and denies it- he could piss people off, if he isnt and makes light of it.... same thing. (okay, I'll quit preaching)
                          Is it a big deal?

spoilered for OT-ness and soapbox alarm (big time)
                          Spoiler:
                          Apart from the question of working in the US, who might have different views on the subject.

This is Canada we're talking about, isn't it? Does a native American ancestry really mean that much there - in terms of not wanting to admit to it, I mean.

I am probably a bit slow here or maybe just sick and tired of the rather stupid question of ethnicity/ancestry/roots etc . I've never been able to see what that has to do with what kind of a person someone is.

I know that people are already threatening Obama because he is black. Not because he might turn out to be a lousy president (which I hope he won't), but because of the colour of his skin. .... I so hate to live in a world where things like skin colour, gender or ancestry determine the value of a person. Argh....soapbox! I hate that, too.

Maybe it means so much to me, because I used to teach history, and as a German the question has unfortunately come up in very unpleasant circumstances (to put it mildly).

I also see so many (often younger) people revert back to things I consider to be medieval at best, it scares me for the future. And our idiot/simpleton of a pope is not helping. (Over 80 and Bavarian --- argh!)

argh....I really, really need to stop thinking about this. Sorry Row, I didn't mean to fly off the handle like this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                            Interview, then public Q&A, *then* he wrote 'skank' on my picture Autographs were in the afternoon after all the Q&A's had finished.
                            Ah, yes, now I see what you mean. He had reason for insulting you.

No, he didn't and I'm sure he didn't mean to. He just has no control over that potty mouth of his.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah, yes, now I see what you mean. He had reason for insulting you.

No, he didn't and I'm sure he didn't mean to. He just has no control over that potty mouth of his.
                              I think you mean his potty handwriting He just has a bratty sense of humour

I'm off to bed night all... Oh and I bet Weir is most definitely a 60%er

sigpic

Comment

I had no idea sig pics would show up in older posts as well.

I guess I am really slow. I need o spend some time with GW so we can really get to know each other. Pretty sure, I'm missing heaps of cool features and possibilities.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X