No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was actually thinking of a Slurpee or a Thermos or a model Mustang...

Spoilered for RL totally OT:

Spoiler:
    Okay, well I was going to wait until we know for sure, but here's what's been stressing me out lately:

The job hubby's been bucking for for the past half dozen years in Maryland is finally opening up. This could be a good thing, since we've been wanting out of Florida almost since we returned ten years ago. The pay will likely be better, since the area's very expensive. We'll have four seasons again. The boys will be in FAR better schools. This could open hubby up for becoming a regional manager in future, which is a job he can do based from anywhere. He's put in his application and there are only two other guys from the company applying. Neither of those two have ALL the qualifications the big bosses are looking for; hubby does.

However, we just bought our house a year ago, so we haven't had time to really build equity. We have no savings and all of our credit cards got maxxed out when the air conditioner had to be replaced last summer. This is the teen's senior year coming up; he turns 18 in September and is grumbling about wanting to get his own place and stay here. I honestly don't think he's mature enough to stay on his own close by us, let alone a thousand miles away. I worry that his grades will crash or he'll do something stupid to get in the way of his military dreams. Plus, he won't admit it, but he's more of a momma's boy than his little bro. The two of us would miss each other something fierce, especially with no real time to prepare (I was prepping myself for next year, not this year).

We'd be back to an apartment for a year at least, which doesn't sound so awful, except when you've been used to a house for ten years. Most of the houses I've seen up there that are in our (current) price range are townhouses or row-houses; I am not interested in either style.

If we do move, most of the actual moving would be on me. The teen will be spending much of the summer in trainings, and Little Bear is spending the summer with his grampa. Another good thing, though, is that we'd be closer to my folks, a mere 5 1/2 hour drive, versus the current 21 hours.

I've held off on getting my airline ticket for Chicon because I don't know what airport I'll be flying out of. The bad news is that the prices are going up. The good news is that Chicago is actually only about a ten hour drive if we move.

So there's what's been keeping me awake at night, waking me up early and anxious, and giving me fits in between. Yup, I know I'm an idiot, projecting on things that might not even happen, but it's what I do.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Another interview with more awesome pics
      http://www.saywhatnews.com/kavansmith.html
      sigpic
      KavanSmithFans.com
      Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Loved the interview, Nici! And you were right about the photos.
        sigpic

Comment

Found another interview from the beginning of the month.

Family Man: Interview with Rogue's Kavan Smith
          http://www.themortonreport.com/enter...s-kavan-smith/
          sigpic
          KavanSmithFans.com

Comment

Oooooh, another addition to my ever growing collection of Kavan-stuff! Thanks, Nici!!

Cate
            sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Hellllo, Thunkettes!!

Just thought my fellow LorneLovers would be interested in this.

I've been building up my collection of SGA novels, and the latest one is an absolute cracker!

It's called Blood Ties, by Elizabeth Christensen, and it features our favourite Major almost all the way through.

He has some wonderful scenes too, some great one liners that you can almost hear Kavan speaking. And not to give too much away, but this bit had me laughing out loud:

Spoiler:
              Lorne's waiting for two members of his team to make it back to the Jumper for evacuation from a wildfire, and... um... offers them this friendly encouragement:

"You waiting for an invitation?" the Major thundered, sounding more like a drill instructor than McKay had thought him capable of. "Haul a$$!!"

Classic!!

Cate
              sigpic

Comment

Okay, what's the name of that series again? I'm going to save them in my Amazon cart.
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hey, hon!!

Okay, the recent series of books was the set of six Legacy novels, as follows:

Homecoming
                  The Lost
                  Allegiance
                  The Furies
                  Secrets
                  Inheritors

All of them feature Lorne too!!

Blood Ties is a standalone novel, so it isn't part of any series. Two others that I really enjoyed, and again feature a lot of Lorne, are Casualties of War and Death Game.

Like I said, I'm gradually building up my SGA collection, so if I find any more that feature our favourite flyboy, I'll let you all know!

Cate
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Cate!
                    sigpic

Comment

You're welcome, sweetie!!

Oh, and thanks again for the fanfic help. I hope the hubby's had a safe journey for his interview. I've had everything crossed for you both, for the hope of good news!!

Okay, I'm heading up for a nice relaxing bath before beddy-time. Might even take the Kindle with me - you know, to read by torchlight under the duvet!!

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
                        You're welcome, sweetie!!

Oh, and thanks again for the fanfic help. I hope the hubby's had a safe journey for his interview. I've had everything crossed for you both, for the hope of good news!!

Cate
                        Thanks, sweetie! Yeah, he's home safe. He has a good feeling about it, but we won't know for sure for at least a week or two, as the decision-makers are on vacay. The money part is looking "meh", but we'll see for sure when they make an offer.
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Great news for Kavan. ROGUE has been renewed for another season.
                            http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/dire...-for-season-2/
                            sigpic
                            KavanSmithFans.com

Comment

That is wonderful news, Nici! Thanks for sharing.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X