No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whaaa, didn't see till now there is a Major Lorne Topic!
    He's an absolutely cute guy! Like him very much and I so hope, that he will have the chance to show up in Atlantis more times
    (and of course, that we'll learn his real name...Marcus is a good Idea, even I saw him more as a William-Type )

Comment

Originally posted by Dorka
      Whaaa, didn't see till now there is a Major Lorne Topic!
      He's an absolutely cute guy! Like him very much and I so hope, that he will have the chance to show up in Atlantis more times
      Yay! A Major Lorne thunk thread! Since my man Beckett wasn't in "Condemned" I got to enjoy more of hunky Major Lorne. Now if only I could have the two of them in a scene together...

As for what his artistic ability/hobby could be...I've read way too many fics where the character of choice is (1) a gourment cook; (2) a fabulous poker player; (3) an outstanding musician, usually piano; (4) all of these choices combined. Lesser used are (1) artist (drawing; painting; sculpting) and (2) writer (poetry, romances, children's books). I've even read some fanfics where the main heroic guys were into crocheting and quilting! But I like the idea of Major Lorne being artistic and having a sketch book full of wonderful drawings--then again, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so I especially appreciate skills that I don't have!

Sports/physical activities--since he's an action type, I can see him skydiving, parasailing/paragliding, kayaking, and how about he also plays soccer (would love to see him in shorts running the field!).

Any thoughts on where he's in from in the States? A lot of folks theorize that Shep's from California and surfs, so maybe deciding on a home state will influence what hobbies or sports he likes?
      (and of course, that we'll learn his real name...Marcus is a good Idea, even I saw him more as a William-Type )
      I really like Marcus, too. Not too common, and the show's writers already use too many "J" names.

And whoever's writing Lorne fics--let us know where they are, okay? And could somebody write a "Lorne saves Beckett's life and later Beckett returns the favor" fic for me? Please?

Comment

I like the idea of him being from New England, but that's because it's my home turf. Maybe he's more of a Midwest type.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
          Any thoughts on where he's in from in the States? A lot of folks theorize that Shep's from California and surfs, so maybe deciding on a home state will influence what hobbies or sports he likes?
          Yeah I can see Shep coming from California, maybe even a little place on Hawaii.

And whoever's writing Lorne fics--let us know where they are, okay? And could somebody write a "Lorne saves Beckett's life and later Beckett returns the favor" fic for me? Please?
          I might be able to do something - anything particular in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I like the idea of him being from New England, but that's because it's my home turf. Maybe he's more of a Midwest type.
            He sounds pretty mid-western with no real definitive accent (ie, he doesn't sound like he's Boston, or anywhere in the South, or Texas). City boy? Chicago, St. Louis, Des Moines, Denver, Salt Lake City. Farm/Ranch boy? Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah. Any other suggestions?

Of course, it'd be my kind of luck that we'd create a fabulous background for Major Marcus Lorne, only to have TPTB give us a completely different one a little later on! But it's fun to play with anyway.

Comment

Drum roll please!!!

The site didn't come out exactly how I wanted it but what am I going to do?

Anyway to find the first chapter of Reflections just click below!

Comment

As for what his artistic ability/hobby could be...I've read way too many fics where the character of choice is (1) a gourment cook; (2) a fabulous poker player; (3) an outstanding musician, usually piano; (4) all of these choices combined. Lesser used are (1) artist (drawing; painting; sculpting) and (2) writer (poetry, romances, children's books). I've even read some fanfics where the main heroic guys were into crocheting and quilting! But I like the idea of Major Lorne being artistic and having a sketch book full of wonderful drawings--then again, I can't draw a straight line with a ruler, so I especially appreciate skills that I don't have!
                Never claimed to be very original.

The only skill I have is writing, so I get a bit lost thinking beyond that.

Sketching is nice. Jonas sketched. *sigh*

I suppose being on Atlantis also limits a certain range of skills. If he's musically inclined, it'd have to be something small, like a pipe or harmonica. A piano, while great as a knife-in-the-gut for McKay, just isn't likely to be found on Atlantis.

Whittling is a possibility. Or scrimshaw. But the latter would be more of a New England think than Midwest, methinks. Unless he's carving cattle bones or something.

I still like origami.

Playing cards, I think, would be more of a general skill than a hobby. EVERYONE seems inclined to play cards, so he'd have to learn as a defense mechanism if nothing else.

He could always play Go or chess or some other game of strategy. But that tends to give a certain impression I'm not sure would suit Lorne.

I loved archery in gym. I wasn't always the best at it, but I wasn't the worst, either, and it was one of the few things we did that made me look forward to that class.

He could always collect something. Leaves, bugs, pretty rocks... flowers is probably a little silly, but there has to be something collectible that you could manage no matter WHERE in the galaxy (or out of it) you went. Stray feathers, shells, whatever. And the best thing about random common objects is that they can take on a later and unimagined significance, if you're looking for a good plotline. They're also things that the character can casually pick up while no one's looking or which wouldn't generate much interest if someone saw it happening.

And YAY! For the first bit of the story, Cathain! Good start!

Comment

He sounds pretty mid-western with no real definitive accent (ie, he doesn't sound like he's Boston, or anywhere in the South, or Texas). City boy? Chicago, St. Louis, Des Moines, Denver, Salt Lake City. Farm/Ranch boy? Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah. Any other suggestions?

Of course, it'd be my kind of luck that we'd create a fabulous background for Major Marcus Lorne, only to have TPTB give us a completely different one a little later on! But it's fun to play with anyway.
                  Hey, you forgot Minnesota! I'd love it if he was from my home state but I place him more as a St. Louis kind of guy. That's just me.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetheway
                    Hey, you forgot Minnesota! I'd love it if he was from my home state but I place him more as a St. Louis kind of guy. That's just me.
                    Or how about Oregon? He sounds like he could be from the Northwest area...

Or that could be because I'm biased. lol

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
                    Spoiler:
                    SCI-FI....
                    I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

Yea, he definatly has no accent. I'd say Colorado, Utah, Nv or even Washington. He is a tough guy! I see him skydiving or any no nonsense sport. I see him involved in highly skilled precision sports. He is matter of fact. Archery is great! And strategy games are good too if he is a military man.

Cath, I like what you are doing with him so far. The story is intriguing!
                      Last edited by purpletoo1; 15 August 2005, 01:50 PM.

Comment

*done choarcal and colored pencil*

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                          OMG! And I'm from Minnesota, too, although I've lived in Texas for almost 20 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                            I might be able to do something - anything particular in mind?
                            Hmm, something off-world? A mission goes wrong and Lorne risks his life to save Carson? (fire; earthquake; volcanic eruption; ferocious animals; tremendous storm; attack by the Genii...) Then later on Lorne gets badly injured and it's Carson's medical expertise that saves him; Carson's the only one in the group with the same blood type; Carson has to solve a series of puzzles in order to attain admittance to where a fountain reputed to have healing powers is located....

Give me a day or two and I might come up with more ideas!

Comment

This idea has a lot of merit--what about collecting rocks? All military officers nowadays are required to have a college degree--maybe Lorne majored or minored in geology? Could potentially lead to some great fic ideas--and he could also do some artistic things with rocks, too.
                              It all started years and years ago with his beloved pet rock, Reginald...

Comment

I wonder if Lorne will be in 'Trinity'. It would be great if he was but then again it looks to be a pretty deadly episode so maybe it would be best if he stayed clear.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X