Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by purpletoo1
    Burst into flames? Explain, I must be tired cuz I don't get that one.
    Well, I wouldn't say Weir was ANGRY or anything- she was very patient about it- but I think from Lorne's perspective he suddenly realized he was on VERY dicey ground. Eye contact might have given her a chance to yell at him or quietly tell him off. So he reversed course and said what she would have told him anyway.

Weir may not be Lorne's DIRECT boss, but he still has to follow her orders.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Well, I wouldn't say Weir was ANGRY or anything- she was very patient about it- but I think from Lorne's perspective he suddenly realized he was on VERY dicey ground. Eye contact might have given her a chance to yell at him or quietly tell him off. So he reversed course and said what she would have told him anyway.

He was on dicey ground the second he commented that Shepard's team was 'like that'.

Hello, never posted her but I wanted to pop in and say that Lorne was pretty cool in TLB and I really liked that ep. I also liked him in Runner and Conversion, like what TPTB have done to make him a great character, and I'm quite fond of him, very funny and dosen't hurt that he's adoreable. I also ship him with Weir (truthfully I ship just about everyone with her) because I like the little things in the eps between them, but that's just me who's a very shippy fan and might possibly be alone in this ship along with Weir/Dex. The thing is I like the idea of Weir/Lorne more than Weir/Shep, but I probally should go before I ramble about shipping, just wanted to say, love Major Lorne, see yall around.
      I'm not much of a shipper myself. But I still think Worne is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Makes me wonder if Lorne were in Bates' place in 'Hot Zone', who's order do you think he would have followed? Weir's or Sheppard's?

Personally I think he would have followed Weir's.

Comment

Originally posted by 923flanigan
          I'm not much of a shipper myself. But I still think Worne is funny.
          Truthfully, I like it better than Shep/Weir, Lorne is just much cooler than shep, IMO, but I don't have to necessarily ship, I love the character and I like seeing him on the show with Weir, and I'd love to see more of him period. I like him better than shep, he's actually funny and just a little something I like about him. Worne!? You gotta be kidding, you've named it, people seriously need to stop naming ships, we've got enough names already, and I'm no longer nmaing them. They just sound silly now.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

There are going to be some amazing caps coming out of Lost Boys!! OS I need your help with the Windows MM. I'll pm you.

I didn't see any flirting and I am not a shipper either but I am open to the writing.
            right-e-o, i'll check that now... and i'll see what i can do...
            yeah and not so much flirting, as trying to get her to see that she lets them break the rules all the time in a light hearted way...
            OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

I need caps!!!!! Please capture that smile. OS, please!
              i will be able to do that in 2 hrs 24 min... as long as its good quality that is...

Edit: make that a very long time since the speed keeps slowing... urg... but i'll have them up ASAP, i promise!
              Last edited by OrangeSwirl; 24 September 2005, 11:01 AM.
              OrangeSwirl

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                Well I don't have new caps but I have high quality 'Conversion' caps - though I only have time to post one for now:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2..._208hr_252.jpg

thanx for sharing CN!!
                OrangeSwirl

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  Makes me wonder if Lorne were in Bates' place in 'Hot Zone', who's order do you think he would have followed? Weir's or Sheppard's?

Personally I think he would have followed Weir's.
                  oo, thats a good thought.. i think i'd go w/ weir's orders too, though i was also surprised that Bates didn't.. Lorne just seems like he'd do everything by the book...
                  OrangeSwirl

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
                    oo, thats a good thought.. i think i'd go w/ weir's orders too, though i was also surprised that Bates didn't.. Lorne just seems like he'd do everything by the book...
                    That was my thought too. His own emotions/thoughts seem to weigh in on his choices, like in Conversion.
                    Spoiler:
                    Getting the eggs might not have been the safest thing to do, but it was the right thing.
                    He's kinda like Shep that way.

Comment

A big ditto on Lorne following Weir's lead in Hot Zone. He may be very By the Book (as Bates was), but I think he also has the ability to weigh decisions and do what's right, not necessarily what he's ordered to do. And technically, he still would have been following orders if he'd listened to Weir.

Let Lorne get his OWN girl, eh? Someone he met on the Daedalus or some lab rat on Atlantis, someone who ISN'T one of the main leads. Just once, ONCE I'd like for there to be a character who isn't automatically shipped with the leads.

Lorne's not the type, not in my book. He knows he isn't in the Big League and he's quite happy with that as it takes some of the pressure off. He isn't about to go playing around with the biggest authority on the mission, he knows better. And he knows his place.

And that isn't meant as an insult towards his character, it's just a statement of fact, as I see it. I'm sure he could get any girl he wanted (certainly around here he could), but I don't see him "wanting" Weir. Or Teyla. He might make a joke or two about it, but I'd see it as more of a fitting in, reflexive thing than him having any serious designs on either of them.

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and say how much Lorne rocks. He is dependable, ready to take advice, a good soldier and can even be sensitive! Hope we see much more of him.

Probably me favorite scene with Lorne (aside from the
                        Spoiler:
                        "we know how much you worry" scene in TLB
                        is the scene from "Condemned" (I think that's the ep's name I should really look this stuff up!) where he
                        Spoiler:
                        stands in front of Elizabeth when she is being threatened

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                          Truthfully, I like it better than Shep/Weir, Lorne is just much cooler than shep, IMO, but I don't have to necessarily ship, I love the character and I like seeing him on the show with Weir, and I'd love to see more of him period. I like him better than shep, he's actually funny and just a little something I like about him. Worne!? You gotta be kidding, you've named it, people seriously need to stop naming ships, we've got enough names already, and I'm no longer nmaing them. They just sound silly now.
                          What? It's just a funny...antonym....lol. I told you I wasn't a shipper. I don't name ships. I name ships humiliatingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch
                            Just wanted to drop in and say how much Lorne rocks. He is dependable, ready to take advice, a good soldier and can even be sensitive! Hope we see much more of him.

Probably me favorite scene with Lorne (aside from the
                            Spoiler:
                            "we know how much you worry" scene in TLB
                            is the scene from "Condemned" (I think that's the ep's name I should really look this stuff up!) where he
                            Spoiler:
                            stands in front of Elizabeth when she is being threatened

Royal
                            Muahahaha!! Lorne shall rule the world! Welcome!

Comment

crud monkeys!! stupid thing froze with 30 percent left.. urg.. and thats not the only problem... it won't play in WMP, so i can't cap... i'll have to find another one... which means we have to wait a little longer for caps...
                              OrangeSwirl

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
                                crud monkeys!! stupid thing froze with 30 percent left.. urg.. and thats not the only problem... it won't play in WMP, so i can't cap... i'll have to find another one... which means we have to wait a little longer for caps...
                                Nyah...*mutters something then goes to look for caps*

Comment

Working...
                                X