X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Tempting Thursday!

sigpic
    KavanSmithFans.com
    Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

thanx for the wake up call nici! now i have to get to class.. but atleast i'll have pretty pics in my head.
      OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

I know I've shown the last one before, but I really like it. A lot.
        Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 20 April 2006, 07:25 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot to add one

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
          Welcome Jade Xianghua And as Annie said our LorneLover account on PB can be found here. Only rule is that if you grab any icons or banners to use you've got to credit the maker. (That goes for pictures on other sites...) *laughs* Sorry if I sound bossy! I pay for the account so I always feel like mother hen over it!
          Score! Thanks! Of course I'll credit the makers if I go around snooping and see anything I like.

Hee! It's alright, always good to establish ground rules.

Whoop for pics! Actually had a rather rubbish day at school... My logic died in physics you see. Not only did I have to wade through confusing problems of confusion, my teacher also heard my comment about my logic "dying" and sent me a funny look. ...He was the one teacher who didn't think I was crazy. It's funny. The same thing happened yesterday except with my maths teacher.

...Yeah, I'm well aware I ramble to much. So if I do start again you really all can tell me to shush. I don't mind.

Anyways. Lorne! I was actually just thinking about things. I noticed that his character actually makes quite a significant change from Enemy Mine to Atlantis. Now I had some theories which involved explosions, doom and mission gone wrong etc... but I can't write up that idea at the moment because if I want to do it it'll be big... and exams kill my motivation to write. What did you guys think? I'm not as informed as I'd like to be... mainly because I've only got one viewing of season2 to go by and well when I watched enemy mine waaaaay back in the time where my memory gets foggy.But the general impression I got from Lorne in Atlantis was that he definately strong military... but still maybe a little under experienced in the travelling galaxy sort of unpredictablity...

...Looking back on what I just typed there I've realised that my friend was right! I DO think too much...

Ooooooh nice icons!
          Lonk the Sane: My job? Taking care of crazies like you. Making sure you don't go and hurt yourselves with your deviant powers. And cookies, I make cookies.

Comment

I'm guessing something big DID happen and given how "quick" he was to give up on his teammates in Conversion, I'm figuring whatever it was involved the prolonged death/torture of his team. He asked for reassignment (or was just reassigned) and wound up in Atlantis. He did what he did in Conversion in order to spare his guys whatever hell his last team went through.

Serious bit of fanwanking, but it sets up some interesting ideas...

Comment

Yeah true, I was thinking something along the lines of that.

Funny you mention that scene. That's what sells it for me. The fact that at one moment he goes from herding everyone out the cave to panicking over the welfare of his men, just to throw the grenade in to spare them from a nasty slow death by bug. It's like those situations still unnerve him (That's where my theory of not being that experienced with the whole other galaxy thing yet)but the grenade throw proves he's had to deal with things like it in the past... that he does what he think is the write thing to do.

...Well that's my take on it at least.
              Lonk the Sane: My job? Taking care of crazies like you. Making sure you don't go and hurt yourselves with your deviant powers. And cookies, I make cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh

I know I've shown the last one before, but I really like it. A lot.
                I love the new icons! Especially the "Dangerous" one, I love seeing Kavan in other roles

Comment

To comment on Marcus' past - I agree with Shadow and Jade, something happened between Enemy Mine and Runner. We can hope that TPTB will give us a little something on it in passing at least, Weir having a comment or something. If not we'll just have to write Marc's entire history ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                    I love the new icons! Especially the "Dangerous" one, I love seeing Kavan in other roles
                    Me too, but love Lorne!

Comment

Re: What do you want to see in Season 3? *Spoiler Content*

15th of March

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Said this on the Lorne thread but I'll repeat it here:

How about a story where some alien vixen comes on to Lorne and then- get this- LORNE RESISTS! He completely rebuffs her and even manages to expose her nefarious plan and stop her from doing something truly evil.

* It proves that there are intelligent characters left in Atlantis
                      * It makes a nice contrast to Shep Bigalow
                      * It shows that Shep isn't the only one capable of attracting female attention
                      * It proves the dangers of giving in to your libido

Throw in a Shirtless Lorne scene and the ep would be perfect.
                      hehe, Shadow, nice one but its so obvious were your coming from there hehe

Comment

the "thing" your talking about when he throws the grenade into the bug cave happened ON Enemy Mine, he was with Daniel, when they found the 2 missing members of SG-11 hung up on a tree and impaled (ewwww) and then Colonel Edwards got taken by a Goau'ld (too close to the lake and he got taken, Teal'c killed him) leaving Lorne as the only person left in the team (but he didn't leave unscathed he saw the bodies of his two teammates impaled up in the trees and saw Teal'c staff blast Edwards to death, and the fact that Lorne was infected by something that made him go crazy and bashed up Daniel with another person)

so basically they reassigned Lorne to another team and i think he stayed on the mining planet until he got re-assigned to the Daedaelus after the SGC heard what had happened to Sumner and that they were missing a 2IC (or Major)

its interesting that they chose him instead of another Major, because it seems from what i've read in fanfic that he was promoted to Major not long before he was assigned to the mine

Comment

Hmmm... Could be. In fact, I've been leaning towards that idea, but then I wasn't sure if it was "enough". I've read the transcript for that ep, but I don't remember Lorne going crazy and attacking Daniel. Guess it's time I bit the bullet and watched the ep. But between hating SG-1 and LOATHING the Unas... *sigh* I know it's Lorne, but there's a lot of deep hate for me to get over.

Comment

Hmmm... Could be. In fact, I've been leaning towards that idea, but then I wasn't sure if it was "enough". I've read the transcript for that ep, but I don't remember Lorne going crazy and attacking Daniel. Guess it's time I bit the bullet and watched the ep. But between hating SG-1 and LOATHING the Unas... *sigh* I know it's Lorne, but there's a lot of deep hate for me to get over.
                            Ditto Shadow I haven't seen Enemy Mine since it originally aired I think so my "guess" is just trying to pull on what I remember.

Comment

me neither i can't remember that bit either, that part could have just been added in a fanfic, it was so long ago that episode

i just finished reading a pretty cool fic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2902891/1/

Harvest Festival

hehe

Lorne and his team get into a "little" spot of trouble at a Harvest Festival

Comment

Well, everyone's discussions about Enemy Mine and what Lorne did before coming to Atlantis has seeped into my muse. I just spent the last two pages of my story having Lannie and Lorne talk about the Unas planet, while I should be writing about Michael. Which I am, and the ideas are just flowing from me. But I had to blame all of you for the Enemy Mine mini-inspiration. Off to continue working, can't disrupt the creativity!
                                ~CMDragonia

Comment

Working...
                                X