Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
    I know the first one is Smallville for sure. I think the second one is too.
    Funny thing is the episode after this one had two other SG1 characters in it -- Colonel Reynolds and Jonas Quinn.

sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching Caprica and it had two former SGA & Sanctuary stars--Ryan Reynolds and Christopher Heyerdahl. RyRo played Ladon Radim in SGA & Henry Foss in Sanctuary. Heyerdahl played Biggie in Sanctuary; he also played Halling, Todd the Wraith, and another unnamed Wraith.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I know the first one is Smallville for sure. I think the second one is too.

Thanks, Cam! I've never seen Kavan in this series, so will have to track it down.

Well I had to show her who Kavan was. She knows who Dean is of course.

Been a great vacation so far. Got to feel up Dean Cain and I lost count of the number of hugs I got from him so far. Today we went to a spring training baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and the Baltimore Orioles Tomorrow we're going to the beach, and Thursday I meet up with WW to thunk the h*** out of Kavan. Life is fun

Sounds like the perfect day to me - is just a bit envious too! Might have to have my own Kavan-fest this weekend - maybe see if Sis-Cate can join me. 'cos that was such fun!

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
        Watched Broken Ties today from S5, I've not seen that episode before, but I loved the bit in the mess hall when Lorne approaches John and Rodney and told them the name of that planet. I always find myself smiling or getting excited whenever there's an episode and a scene with Lorne in it, and I love seeing his name appear, well Kavan's that is.

I'm the same, Nikki. From when the series was being aired, and even now, each time I see Kavan's name in the opening credits, I can't resist a little "yippee!!"

Cate
        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

I have it Cate and can send it to you when I get back home next week if you want.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, that would be lovely, Cam, thank you. And thanks again for everything else that you've sent me. You're an absolute star!!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I love the look on his face.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8016/7...8cab8f78_z.jpg
                sigpic
                McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

That is a really good look.
                  sigpic

Comment

So Kavan came back onto Twitter today just to get the word out about ROGUE.

Kavan J Smith? @KavanjSmith
                    Hello. Back! Please tune in to my new show ROGUE. Starting April 3 on Direct TV audience channel and HBO Canada. Best to everyone.
                    kst.jpg <-- new pic
                    sigpic
                    KavanSmithFans.com
                    Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

^ HOLY HANNAH, that's one hot pic , and YAY now I know when it starts. Although I'll have to watch online, but I don't mind, as long as I get to see lovely Kavan.

I posted these two ideas in the Lorne whump thread, but wanted to get more opinions on them.

Idea 1

Spoiler:
                      Major Lorne is found in an abandoned part of the city, barely breathing and bleeding out after being attacked, and he's been missing for several hours, that's where the story will start and then I'll go back and explain what happens and stuff. But I'm still working on whether his attacker should be possessed or hallucinating or possibly someone who's using a cloak.

Idea 2

Spoiler:
                      So Major Lorne and his team gate to a new planet, it's a simple trading mission but as always things don't go according to plan and Lorne ends up being accused of murder and is sentenced to death, I'm working on the idea that there's someone in the village who has the ability to change forms, basically a shape shifter, but I'm still working on ideas for it, for both of them.

What do you think, would those be something you'd read.
                      Last edited by Nikki Alexander; 21 March 2013, 04:18 PM.
                      sigpic
                      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

The website for ROGUE - http://www.directv.com/premiums/audience/rogue
                        sigpic
                        KavanSmithFans.com

Comment

Rogue is a 10-part, one-hour series staring Thandie Newton as Grace Travis, a morally and emotionally conflicted undercover detective who is tormented by the possibility that her own actions contributed to her son's death in a drive by shooting. Kavan plays her husband, Tom Travis, a high school teacher who has to cope with the aftermath of their son's death and the needs of their daughter.

DirecTV is the biggest satellite distributor in the US and Rogue is DirecTV's first original series. The series will be shown on DirecTV's Audience Network and in Canada by Movie Central and The Movie Network.

Rogue premieres April 3, 2013.

DirecTV has uploaded some videos for Rogue to Youtube.
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/RogueDirecTV?feature=watch

Kavan is featured in this one. Not safe for work for language.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcufU-UsEIo

The cast is NYC promoting the show and Thandie was just on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (Thurs March 21).

You can watch the first half of the premiere episode if you like the show's Facebook page.

Rogue on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RogueDIRECTV
                          Rogue on Movie Central: http://www.moviecentral.ca/shows/rogue
                          Rogue on The Movie Network: http://www.themovienetwork.ca/series/rogue/

Kavan's twitter: https://twitter.com/KavanjSmith
                          Last edited by watcher652; 21 March 2013, 11:24 PM.

My kind of guy:
                          "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                          Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                          (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Ooooh, thanks for the updates, Nici and watcher! Still not sure if Rogue will make it over here to the UK, but that new piccie of Kavan is gorgeous. And lovely to see him back on Twitter too. It sounds like he's pretty excited by this new role.

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

Kavan tweeted that Rogue premiers tonight.....
                              sigpic

Comment

It's the Los Angeles premiere party ... sounds like Kavan will be attending. I'm keeping an eye out for pics.
                                sigpic
                                KavanSmithFans.com

Comment

Working...
                                X