Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
    You know, I've never tried pumpkin bread, but it sounds lovely. Is it easy to make?!?

Cate
    Very easy to make. Open box, dump in bowl, add milk, oil, egg. Stir. Scoop into pan. Bake per instructions on box.

I would actually love a recipe for pumpkin bread with fresh pumpkin, too.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      You're making want to bake pumpkin bread, it will go well with the pumpkin tea.
      Don't forget the Cool Whip for the bread. Nice warm pumpkin bread (or ginger bread) with a dollop of Cool Whip is lovely on a cool night.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
        Cold water from the fridge?!?!?!? Brrrrrrrrrr!!!

So far - touch wood - I haven't had to do that. But after reading this, Bay and WW, I'll be taking my showers each morning in double quick time1

Cate
        No worries for me anymore, about showering. Am back in Florida.
        sigpic

Comment

Okay... so recipe I use is not with fresh pumpkin. It is the recipe my mom used and thus handed down. We tend to eat pumpkin bread throughout the year and so fresh pumpkin would be a problem. Also... just a bit messy. I don't like to make my kitchen messy.

Recipe
          Spoiler:
          "Pumpkin Bread"

Prep Time: 15 minutes
          Cook Time: 1 hour
          Ready In:
          Yields: 10 servings

INGREDIENTS:
          3 cups sugar
          1 cup oil
          2 eggs
          1 small can pumpkin
          3 cups flour
          1 tsp salt
          1 tsp soda
          1 tsp cinnamon
          2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cloves & 1 tsp nutmeg)

DIRECTIONS:
          Cream together sugar, oil, eggs and pumpkin.

Add dry ingredients and mix together.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

I have an account at http://allrecipes.com/ so it was easy to pull up.

If someone uses a "fresh pumpkin" recipe I'd like to know if it was hard.

sigpic

Comment

I love Allrecipes! It's where I get all my best recipes--my Maple Salmon and Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, to name a couple. Just found a recipe that uses "pumpkin puree". I really need to leave this thread now. This is doing horrible things for my weight-loss.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
              Wonderful links, Nici. Loved seeing so much of him in the Grace and Tom scene/link you had in the "more great stuff".

Spoiler:

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...2/ksphoto3.jpg
              OMG I've just watched this clip and I felt so sorry for him, but he was brilliant, the only other things I've seen Kavan in is The 4400 and Titanic. I need to see more things with Kavan. I just wanted to hug him.
              sigpic
              McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
              Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                I love Allrecipes! It's where I get all my best recipes--my Maple Salmon and Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, to name a couple. Just found a recipe that uses "pumpkin puree". I really need to leave this thread now. This is doing horrible things for my weight-loss.
                I've started putting my own recipes in my section (not the public section) so that I can throw away all of the scraps of paper and folded up recipes that clutter up the junk drawers and fall out of other cookbooks. Also I can put my favorites from there into my collection too. Love that site.

Originally posted by Nikki Alexander View Post
                OMG I've just watched this clip and I felt so sorry for him, but he was brilliant, the only other things I've seen Kavan in is The 4400 and Titanic. I need to see more things with Kavan. I just wanted to hug him.
                Well then, you must watch Eureka and Growing the Big One for sure!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                    Well then, you must watch Eureka and Growing the Big One for sure!

Love, love, love both of those.

Thanks for the links to Rogue, Nici. Looks intersting and as always Kavan does a great job. Now to figure out how to watch it....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                      Love, love, love both of those.

Thanks for the links to Rogue, Nici. Looks intersting and as always Kavan does a great job. Now to figure out how to watch it....
                      I was hoping
                      Spoiler:
                      to bring it with me when I had my Tivo... but now I have a dvr and I'm not sure how to network with it... not even sure if I can. I'll have to figure out if there is a way before August. Maybe you'll be able to watch it the same way I watched Primeval:New World.

sigpic

Comment

Hey, folks!!

Oooooh, and look - our favourite flyboy in his denims. Or, as I now think of them, denimmmmmmms!!

Cate
                        sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Of course, he's pretty darn hot in a TAC vest too!!

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooh hello there...

And he has a very nice smile .

sigpic
                              McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                              Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                              ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Dimple Alert!! Dimple Alert!!

Ooooh, and just found that Due East is showing here in the UK tonight, so that's my TV viewing sorted until bedtime!!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X