Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kavan signed my photo-op "I look great"
    Last edited by camelot7414; 20 May 2012, 12:38 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Really good con (at least as far as my interaction with Kavan goes).

I got 2 photo-ops, 4 autographs, 2 darlings, and 4 hugs

Some highlights as I'm on my phone (will try to add more when I get home). I may try to jot down some notes on the plane tomorrow.

I don't have many pics as the lighting was terrible and in the main room I was too far away . I did take some but I don't think they will turn out.

Kavan's panel was good, and I got to sit center seat, front row.
      Kavan and Joe's panel a little disappointing as Kavan didn't say much.
      Nici, I got to tell him about that guy at the LA meet and greet (you know the one that was desperate to have Kavan sit next to him). Kavan called him a douche.
      He remembered my name today at the autographs (yesterday he signed one of my pics "I'll remember next time", so I went.back today to test him and he passed. He signed my other pics "you're a doll" (again) and "Ruth, you are always a breath of fresh air". He then gave me a hug goodbye.

That was about the end of it, although he did attend the closing ceremonies where he didn't say much.

I'll try to remember more details on the flight home to post here. I did post a few things over on the Team Flyboy thread if you want to look.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a great time!
        sigpic
        KavanSmithFans.com
        Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Love hearing about your adventure, Cam.

pic credit to myFanbase/Nicole Oebel
          sigpic

Comment

Posted this over in the Team Flyboy thread, but thought you guys would enjoy it as well. I've got one more story that he told that I'll post to both threads when I get a chance.

One story Kavan told:

Everyone that's met Kavan knows how much he swears. According to him, his wife swears more which I find hard to believe.

Well they were of the opinion that it didn't matter if they swore in front of their kids; that it wasn't a big deal, and that somehow the kids would know when not to use those words (are they nuts). Well they are starting to pay for some of these ideas.

While neither Kavan nor his wife are religious, the daycare the kids go to is partially religious. One day Kavan went to pick up the kids when one of the teachers pulled him aside and told him that his oldest had said "Bad 'a' 's' 's' (she spelled out the ass part in a whisper). Kavan's reaction was to say "Cool". Of course the teacher wasn't happy with that, so he said he would talk to his wife about it, but they didn't think it was a big deal. Apparently his 5 year old loves heavy metal and his favorite band is ACDC and he calls his favorite song BadAss. It didn't help that the other kids started saying it.

The next day his wife picked up the kids. Again the teacher pulled her aside and said the kid had been saying Bad A S S again. She told the teacher that she and her husband had discussed it, and while they didn't think it was a big deal, they would try to discourage him from saying it. She then asked the teacher, something along the lines that they paid them good money, couldn't they discipline him, not hitting of course, but time out or something. The teacher said they tried that and he had gotten the whole class chanting "badass"
            sigpic

Comment

Kavan sees Andy as a cross between Forrest Gump and a puppydog

My Kavan photo-ops:

My favorite autograph ever

sigpic

Comment

Some pics from a friend...

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for sharing those! He is lookin' good!
                          sigpic
                          KavanSmithFans.com
                          Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

An oldie but a goodie....

sigpic

Comment

Found these on Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/trekzon...ream/lightbox/, if you want to see them bigger. Just hit "newer" at the top of the screen to scroll through them. There are a lot of pics.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X