Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Everyone!

Lg--didn't notice yesterday that you were in the southwest of the U.S. (Been tired from all the extra work helping Mom & Dad out). Hubby was stationed at Brooks AFB for three years. I loved living in a military town, but I guess, just as everywhere, things are different now, especially in relation to jobs.

Quick question for all my fellow Lorne-lovers: It seems to be canon that Lorne is a geologist because of "Enemy Mine" and yet I watched it last night and there's no mention of that. Is the whole team geologists? I thought they were like the Army Engineers, only Air Force. Can somebody clarify, please? I have some editing (slight bit--one part of a scene in one chap) to do if our Evan's a geologist. O_O

Thanks! Oh, and in view of that (click for larger image):
    Evan in SG1.jpg
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
      Good morning, Everyone!

Quick question for all my fellow Lorne-lovers: It seems to be canon that Lorne is a geologist because of "Enemy Mine" and yet I watched it last night and there's no mention of that. Is the whole team geologists? I thought they were like the Army Engineers, only Air Force. Can somebody clarify, please? I have some editing (slight bit--one part of a scene in one chap) to do if our Evan's a geologist. O_O
      ww, I know that I have read a lot of places that the geology thing was just Fanon, but in one of Kavan's interviews he talks about the geology role. So maybe this article will help.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...h01m55s136.png

Sha, you wanted a WOOHOO!

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...h09m36s180.png

WW, yes, I'm in the southwest. My house is maybe 100 miles--if that--from the Mexico-US border. I have three military bases and a NASA station of some sort within 1.5 hour's drive from my house. As far as Lorne's geology degree, I've always seen it in fanfic. I've used it occasionally, but I don't think it's ever been established in canon. That article from Bay should help. *goes off to read as well*
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 June 2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

And, once again, I've been wasting time with GIMP and my fav actor. Enjoy!

Comment

Yeah I have the same problem ~lg. Love your attempts better though.

Afternoon everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Bay, thanks lg! The link sort of cleared it up. From what I understand, he was a geologist, even though it's never really clear from the ep. Well, like I said, just a little bit of editing.

Oooh, lg! Love the new siggie! That is so not a waste of time. May I please snurch to throw into my rotation?
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                  Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I don't mind, WW, but it's also in my rotation, too.

Comment

The jeans coat he's wearing in GTBO really looks like the one in Iron Invader. Did anyone else ever noticed that?

Sentinel:

Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 June 2011, 11:43 AM. Reason: All oversized.Tags changed.

Comment

Pic rule reminder to you all :MAX kb file size for posted images/animations=100KB
                        When requoting a post containing images -change the requoted img tags to url and /url
                        Pixel width MAX 700 ,though less is preferable .

Sigs =50 KB.

Check the file sizes before you post, and help each other keep to the limits .

Also check out the stickied threads in the Forum Announcements section of the Forum.
                        Questions can be posted to the Sig Clarification thread and Members helping Members if you need help testing sizes or for tips/advice .

Thank you !
                        Bagpuss.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Another banner.

Comment

I should be cleaning the house, as I'm house-sitting for my parents and they get home tomorrow. See what I'm doing instead??

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              Pic rule reminder to you all :MAX kb file size for posted images/animations=100KB
                              When requoting a post containing images -change the requoted img tags to url and /url
                              Pixel width MAX 700 ,though less is preferable .

Sigs =50 KB.

Check the file sizes before you post, and help each other keep to the limits .

Also check out the stickied threads in the Forum Announcements section of the Forum.
                              Questions can be posted to the Sig Clarification thread and Members helping Members if you need help testing sizes or for tips/advice .

Thank you !
                              Bagpuss.
                              Thanks for the reminder Bagpuss - I did crop mine thinking that would get them under the 100kb but forgot to check whether it had been successful. *note to self - check AFTER cropping!!*. Leads me to tip everyone that if you are capping your own pics, choose the jpg format, NOT png, because pngs are HUGE. The first things I capped I didn't know this and so they are all too big - for anything new now I use jpg.

sigpic

Comment

From the Stargate PC game.

Comment

Working...
                                X