Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO View Post
    now its even colder. 0F now
    I think we'll see your temps come about Wed!!

Yes, damp cold feels colder - just like windy cold is colder.

1 of 2 pix--- how is it, kethry, that some come out big and some dont?
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      It's warm here -- all of 30F!.. no dander yet, although I think it's freezing drizzle/rain south of here.

Nice page saving pix, CN!

kethry -- I was in bed so I wasnt able to make the save last nite! Glad you were on your toes! Some excellent pix - well, 2 of 3 and one little red X!
      Hm...very weird. I put up one of mine and one of Cath's. I see both, so it's really puzzling why you don't.

So far I only managed to cap abut 7 pics of Kavan's ep of The Guard. Cath has so many more.

Let's try again - mine:

Cath's:

Which one can you see?
      sigpic
      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
        Hm...very weird. I put up one of mine and one of Cath's. I see both, so it's really puzzling why you don't.

So far I only managed to cap abut 7 pics of Kavan's ep of The Guard. Cath has so many more.

Let's try again - mine:

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n.../TG-307392.jpg

Cath's:

Which one can you see?
        Yours!

So that's the diff - these are the ones you did. Now wait - how did you get to cap the ep? I thought it was a Canadian only thing?
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

The only difference I can see is that mine are around 13 KB while Cath's end up being 288 KB or so. I thought we'd concluded size didn't matter.
          sigpic

Comment

I saved one of Cath's to my PB account. Let's see if it shows now.

sigpic

Comment

The only difference I can see is that mine are around 13 KB while Cath's end up being 288 KB or so. I thought we'd concluded size didn't matter.
              Apparently that is faulty thinking, because it obviously does!!!
              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Yours!

So that's the diff - these are the ones you did. Now wait - how did you get to cap the ep? I thought it was a Canadian only thing?
                Ahem, yeah, well
                Spoiler:
                ... let's say I kinda fell over it.

But it has a fair bit of Kavan, compared to some of the season 5 eps of SGA. His character's a bit of jerk, but you can't really hate him. At least I couldn't. I kept thinking up ways to explain why he became what he was. *snickers* Bunny alert!
                sigpic

Comment

Can you see the one of Cath's that I saved and then put up? Did that change anything? I am apparently able to see both of them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ahem, yeah, well
                    Spoiler:
                    ... let's say I kinda fell over it.

But it has a fair bit of Kavan, compared to some of the season 5 eps of SGA. His character's a bit of jerk, but you can't really hate him. At least I couldn't. I kept thinking up ways to explain why he became what he was. *snickers* Bunny alert!
                    Spoiler:
                    I was kinda thinking that!! Now if I could only see the ep.

Spoiler:
                    Now if you were to read my story Echoes in Time, it could give you an idea!!
                    Spoiler:
                    I have a Lorne with a bit of an 'attitude'!
                    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Can you see the one of Cath's that I saved and then put up? Did that change anything? I am apparently able to see both of them.
                      Dont think so. I tried to save what was there my self to my PB, but it didnt work. I was able to work with one of the other pix to get a bigger version but havent spent alot of time working with Guard pix. I just ended up using the thumbnail size for the "ornaments" I created the other day.
                      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

OT on laptop/notebook issue:

Spoiler:
                        Okay, I braved the crazy hordes on Thursday and managed to get one of the advertized laptops. That was the good news. The bad news is that I had to work all day and into the evening/night Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so I haven't had a chance to even unpack the thing. Today I spent mostly sleeping in and then getting a few more X-Mas decorations up. If I continue at this rate, I'll have all the stuff up by Christmas. Only to take it down again a week or so later.

That's just about the extent of my caps. I'll do a few more once I have the new machine up and running. I need to check whether the thing works, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I was kinda thinking that!! Now if I could only see the ep.

Spoiler:
                          Now if you were to read my story Echoes in Time, it could give you an idea!!
                          Spoiler:
                          I have a Lorne with a bit of an 'attitude'!

Okay, now you've made me curious.
                          Spoiler:
                          I'll send a reminder to my work addy. If I have a moment there tomorrow, I'll take a look at "Lorne with an attitude".
                          sigpic

Comment

OT on laptop/notebook issue:

Spoiler:
                            Okay, I braved the crazy hordes on Thursday and managed to get one of the advertized laptops. That was the good news. The bad news is that I had to work all day and into the evening/night Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so I haven't had a chance to even unpack the thing. Today I spent mostly sleeping in and then getting a few more X-Mas decorations up. If I continue at this rate, I'll have all the stuff up by Christmas. Only to take it down again a week or so later.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n.../TG-303183.jpg

That's just about the extent of my caps. I'll do a few more once I have the new machine up and running. I need to check whether the thing works, right?
                            Glad you at least got the thing. At least that part of the worry is over. I put up my Christmas decoration today - yes 1 ! It's a cat holding an ornament!

I want to try and do some capping myself one of these days. The only problem I have with alot of them are they square off heads and arms. Hard to make a good picture/banner.

Like this one -- not as good as I'd like, but it's the idea

sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Glad you at least got the thing. At least that part of the worry is over. I put up my Christmas decoration today - yes 1 ! It's a cat holding an ornament!

I want to try and do some capping myself one of these days. The only problem I have with alot of them are they square off heads and arms. Hard to make a good picture/banner.

Like this one -- not as good as I'd like, but it's the idea

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...sFireplace.jpg
                              Hm...I'm not sure I understand your problem. When I cap a pic, I freeze the frame and simply save the pic if I like it. If not, I restart the show and freeze another frame. And so on. For making banners, I used to load the saved pics into MS PictureIt and work with them there - cut out people and insert into other pics etc.
                              Spoiler:
                              Needless to say, I lost PictureIt with the old laptop. Now I have to figure out which program to buy to replace it. I don't think there is a new version of it. Various sites say Microsoft dropped it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay, now you've made me curious.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'll send a reminder to my work addy. If I have a moment there tomorrow, I'll take a look at "Lorne with an attitude".

It's about 8500 words. Chapter 5 of Where Eagles Dare to Fly. And I'll warn you -- it's not so much
                                Spoiler:
                                "actual" It's more implied, but the explanation for the attitude is given. And it isnt a totally unkethry-safe story.
                                sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X