Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
    Spoiler:
    Disco died in the 70's...that 80's was the emergance of the "hair" bands (ie. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard) as well as the techno stuff. but either way some people should just not wear spandex

and as for the lab, apparently no one was signed up for the time so I ended up go to the profs. office after class to get it done.

now I just need to be working on my history paper....

Spoiler:
    Oh ya, I wasnt a huge music fan in those days. Probably not that big of one still. Couldnt of told you the name of many songs or who sung them.

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    Well, better than Little Joe.

*ducks*
    No comment!!!!

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
    Due East-
    *spoilers for book*
    Spoiler:
    In the book Stephen and Mary Faith have a quite *different* relationship. Best I can figure is they shot it for those who had read the book, and then watched the movie...
    Spoiler:
    I think I'd of rather the movie play up more their relationship. The movie seemed to 'miss' alot of things to me. And I have not read the book. It just seemed to skip so many necessary points. The dad seemed to think Stephen was the father for so long - yet there was never any confrontation between the 2 men. So in the book - is Stephen married with a kid, too? He seems so much younger in the picture than in the part he played. Oh well. Probably wont read the book - I'd be too disappointed Kavan didnt get to play the role as it was in the book.

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

is it sad that I get that?
    Oh, I got it too.. just was suprised to see anyone say it! That and I just got on here....
    Spoiler:
    leaving - to go dig out a truck to get the skidsteer out of the shed up north so it can get fixed this weekend!

So "good nite" to all who are going to bed before I get back - if I get back.
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

My main problem is that I am all set to hate it. They killed my beloved Atlantis to make this "thing". So, they'll have a VERY hard time convincing me to give them my time, let alone my interest.

cancellation rant ... again... nothing new, so skip, if you've heard it all...I just need to vent a little.

Spoiler:
      It's old news and an old gripe, but I still maintain that had they kept SGA at least for a little while and had run it parallel with SGU, I'd have embraced the new show. BW's claim he couldn't have born the stress of running two shows was nonsense. He hadn't been running SGA for years. Mallozzi and Mullie did and were prepared to go on doing it. SGA had good ratings for a SciFi show on a minor channel. It was all about hogging the glory (and the money) for his new baby and that I can't forgive.
      I completely agree with you. SGA was just hitting its stride, going forward with a fine season. Sure, it had its flaws, but every season does, but SGA was a strong show. I think that Woolsey was a vast improvement over Carter. He fit in better. But that's just my opinion. I wonder how the story arcs would have progressed, maybe getting darker which would have been cool. Oh well. Now we'll never know.
      One thing's for sure...Lorne needs more screen time!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lyconia View Post
        It going to get really quiet in here without you all
        Ah...we're still all here, just maybe not so much. Part of it may also be the fact that atm, there isn't so much new stuff for Kavan. Anything new will probably take till autumn to reach us...apart from the audiobook, which we'll all snap up, I am sure.

It will certainly take me much longer to get my next 500 than it took me to get the last. But I want my own icon....*iz determined*

*Hugs Kethry*
        *hugs back*

I love this place.

Spoiler:
        Aww i quite liked your cake very creative
        It was unique, and that counts for something in this weird world of uniformity.

Sounds like a good point rant to me
        *sighs* It is, but I'd be happier if I had new SGA eps to look forward to this summer.
        sigpic
        I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
          Due East-
          *spoilers for book*
          Spoiler:
          In the book Stephen and Mary Faith have a quite *different* relationship. Best I can figure is they shot it for those who had read the book, and then watched the movie...
          Didn't know it was a book, must put it on the list

Sig by Luciana, csom & scifan & Avi's by Snowball

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
            Yep a fallen one

Aw...

Here's a bribe to keep you coming back...

Look over here on the Big Finish site...a new mag and guess who's on page 4?
            Perchance, does anyone know if he's in the new Stargate Magazine? I don't know why I think he is, but whatever. Haven't gone to buy it yet, will this weekend, stupid bookstore usually takes it's time putting out the new issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
              Spoiler:
              I think I'd of rather the movie play up more their relationship. The movie seemed to 'miss' alot of things to me. And I have not read the book. It just seemed to skip so many necessary points. The dad seemed to think Stephen was the father for so long - yet there was never any confrontation between the 2 men. So in the book - is Stephen married with a kid, too? He seems so much younger in the picture than in the part he played. Oh well. Probably wont read the book - I'd be too disappointed Kavan didnt get to play the role as it was in the book.
              Due East book spoilers:

Spoiler:
              In the book, he's also married with a kid, but he is all set to leave his family and "take care" of Mary Faith and the baby, because someone "has to". He sounds like a very confused guy. I didn't get that from the movie.

As for looking young, I think that might have been one of Kavan's banes...he always looked so incredibly young even when he was already in his late 20s/early 30s.

Oh, I got it too.. just was suprised to see anyone say it! That and I just got on here....
              Spoiler:
              leaving - to go dig out a truck to get the skidsteer out of the shed up north so it can get fixed this weekend!

You should know that there is not much that I won't say when the mood strikes me.

Happy digging...

So "good nite" to all who are going to bed before I get back - if I get back.
              Night SF...I'll be off soon. My late nights and long sleep-ins are over.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, better than Little Joe.

*ducks*
                tuh, smartass

Pic that induces guh
                I know, I'm not normal

Comment

Originally posted by Plickies View Post
                  Perchance, does anyone know if he's in the new Stargate Magazine? I don't know why I think he is, but whatever. Haven't gone to buy it yet, will this weekend, stupid bookstore usually takes it's time putting out the new issues.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...h/kavan_09.jpg
                  He definitely was in the last one - nice 5-page article. Not much new stuff, but nice to see all the same. Lots of pics.

I hope you didn't miss it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mountiegirl View Post
                    Your welcome
                    Such a shame Charmed is no longer on, it was like my all time favourite show!
                    EDIT: apart from Stargate of course
                    Charmed OT
                    Spoiler:
                    It is a shame that they ended it, but they ended it well. I really liked that they gave us a glimpse of what happens to them in the future

Comment

Originally posted by Plickies View Post
                      tuh, smartass
                      Yep, that's me. *iz proud*

Pic that induces guh
                      http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...h/Kavannew.jpg
                      I know, I'm not normal
                      You mean someone around here is? *looks around, bewildered*

So, who'll admit to being normal?
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah...we're still all here, just maybe not so much. Part of it may also be the fact that atm, there isn't so much new stuff for Kavan. Anything new will probably take till autumn to reach us...apart from the audiobook, which we'll all snap up, I am sure.

It will certainly take me much longer to get my next 500 than it took me to get the last. But I want my own icon....*iz determined*
                        Well sadly thats true , hey its good to be determined

*hugs back*

I love this place.
                        Me too

It was unique, and that counts for something in this weird world of uniformity.

I dont think i could have said it better

*sighs* It is, but I'd be happier if I had new SGA eps to look forward to this summer.
                        So would we all

Anyways am off night all *waves*
                        Last edited by Lyconia; 04 March 2009, 03:00 PM.

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

He definitely was in the last one - nice 5-page article. Not much new stuff, but nice to see all the same. Lots of pics.

I hope you didn't miss it.
                          Nope, nope, didn't miss it at all, dog with a bone I am with that magazine (sick, I know)

Comment

Well, after having amused myself with refreshing the page for the last 5 minutes (to see if my new O'Neill and Gibbs banners show up), I had better call it a day. (O'Neill still hasn't shown up -- I'd have never thought he was so shy. )

Night all, happy thunking for those of you who still have a lot of day to do so; nighty night for those headed for sweet Kavan dreams.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yep, that's me. *iz proud*

You mean someone around here is? *looks around, bewildered*

So, who'll admit to being normal?
                              well not me, nope never, "normal" is weird

why, oh why is the man always sucking on a mic?

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                                OT SGU

Spoiler:

I'm much the same. And I think 3 eps is generous. After all that gives the show a bit of time to show the characters and set the scene. But I pretty much know if I'm going to like something after the first half hour. It either feels right or not!
                                My main problem is that I am all set to hate it. They killed my beloved Atlantis to make this "thing". So, they'll have a VERY hard time convincing me to give them my time, let alone my interest.
                                O/T:

Spoiler:
                                Well the 3 and out thing has worked very well as a lot of shows then get a chance to 'build' for me and introduce me to the characters.

Kethry- while I agree that I *want* to hate it, I can't bring myself to fully hate it without a good reason. I've had that backfire on me so totally before its not funny. O/t
                                Spoiler:
                                So, for the longest time I *hated* Chuck-nician because in my mind he 'replaced' Grodin(was a HUGE Grodin fan he is what dragged me into SGA) Then the other day went back and watched Siege part 1, and was all "Hey is that Chuck?!" and so I paused it backed it up and looked and sure enough it *was* Chuck. So, uh, I'd been hating him for no real reason

Originally posted by Lyconia View Post
                                It going to get really quiet in here without you all
                                Well I'll be around just not on Mondays and Thursdays

Spoiler:
                                Aww i quite liked your cake very creative

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Yes, he was married and had a kid. They really did miss a *lot* of stuff but the book almost over did some stuff as well, so really its six of one and half a dozen of the other.
                                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X