No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irony? Yes, I suppose, but it's NOTHING like Stargate except that it involves sending a team out on missions.

SG-1 was exploratory. They were sent out to investigate, look around, and procure technology to aid in the fight against the Goa'uld.

Time Tunnel is more of a... triage team. They're sent in to patch up holes in the timeline- OUR timeline. They never leave Earth. Their number one priority is to NOT interfere. Anything they say or do, anything they leave behind, could cause massive repercussions in the timeline and change their own present. And the only "enemy" they're fighting is time, itself.

I did get a brief Stargate vibe from it. The tunnel itself is, unsurprisingly, cylindrical, and there's a ramp leading up and into it. Standing on the ramp and looking back you can see the control room, which comes with its own blast shield on the window. But other than that one little click, there was nothing Stargatey about it.

Comment

this is a superior reworking of the original 60's "time tunnel", except the characters return after completing each mission. the concept, a fix-the-errors-in-time-that-not-everyone-remembers scenario is somewhat more interesting than the original guys-bouncing-around-aimlessly plots that were used originally.
      This also sounds like the plot in the TV show "Time Cop" from the movie of the same name. I liked that show but it was short lived.

Comment

Ah HA! Feast your eyes on the delectable Flynn:

Comment

Oh wow...God Kavan is hot - he just is. Yeah all I can say is *THUNK*

Comment

I can also say with a bit more certainty that he runs on the short side. Which is a big bonus, for me.

Comment

I love em! Do you have any more of those?
              Last edited by GatetheWay; 20 August 2005, 09:04 PM. Reason: better grammer

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I can also say with a bit more certainty that he runs on the short side. Which is a big bonus, for me.
                Same here.

Comment

Doesn't he look good in a WWII uniform? Maybe one of his hobbies could be that he is part of a WWII historical re-enactment group.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                    Doesn't he look good in a WWII uniform? Maybe one of his hobbies could be that he is part of a WWII re-enactment group.
                    Well, Atlantis has a chapter of MENSA so why not a re-enactment group?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                      Well, Atlantis has a chapter of MENSA so why not a re-enactment group?
                      Now I got a funny image of them re-enacting famous sea battles in the oceans surrounding Atlantis in little Ancient boats.

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive. At least while I'm still awake. *stifles yawn*

Comment

Love the thinking pose.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                            Oh wow...God Kavan is hot - he just is. Yeah all I can say is *THUNK*
                            wow I have to agree on the cutie pie pics!... thunk is right!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Ask and ye shall receive. At least while I'm still awake. *stifles yawn*

I like this one too!

Comment

I really, really gotta meet this guy SOMEhow. If not as part of the Creation con, then maybe he'd be willing to go out for lunch or something with a few of us.

I'll have to really hone my cute-and-innocent skills to pull THAT off.

Comment

Working...
                                X