Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    This is just TOO addictive!! I opened the link and showed my mom and she's like "Oh no!"
    Isnt all bubblewrap addictive

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

Hey, Lyconia you're coming up to 200 posts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
        Hehe, you're gonna all kill me tomorrow aren't you?

OT
        Spoiler:
        Yes, the Jonas sig is mine I miss him, he was in SG1 for such a short time People have described him as a 2nd rate Daniel and it annoys me. I do love Daniel, don't get me wrong, but Jonas was an entirely different character who just happened to do the same things Daniel did. He never got enough credit, and yes, he should've been in Atlantis. He deserved to be! I would've loved that! I squeed like a mad woman when Daniel beamed back onto Atlantis, but it would've been great to see Mr Quinn there!
        Jonas OT:
        Spoiler:

I liked Jonas. He had a hard job following Daniel and did it well.

Blimey, a cupful. That'd be very hard work!
        I've no idea what you mean .........

queen_hathorQuick question.... do any of you write slash fanfic, or can you recommend an author who writes well constructed Lorne slash fics?
        Oh....not me, but funny you should ask that. I've only read a couple or three but one was with Captain Jack of Torchwood and all I could think of when I was reading was .......
        Spoiler:

Nooooo. he did what? and that ? Really! Is that possible?Noooo eeeeew! I've had a very sheltered life

And I've no idea where I read it as it was a while ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
          Hey, Lyconia you're coming up to 200 posts
          *looks* Dont posts fly when your having fun

Banner Made By: Fainne | I'm a 60%er | My Youtube

Comment

QH is still evil, but the good kind of evil. Thankfully the kids haven't discoveredt that link yet, and that they have thier own, seperate desktops on this computer .

Ok, I may actually have to go back into the world of fic writing now. I went away from it becasue of time and RL. But thanks to watching Spoils of War tonight, well, I have too. What caused it was the scene with Lorne and Teyla on the hive ship. When he's telling her about his sis and her kids. Well, when he told her "Nobody ever is – at least not with the first one. But you get through it." I got a plot bunny. Maybe this was discussed before, but with all the pics of Lorne hanging around its easy to get distracted. Anywho, he sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about, and not just from the second hand POV he got by watching his sister. Am I reaching here or am I not alone???

And yes, I'll be writing it, just don't know when I'll be getting it done with everything else screaming at me .

sig by DG .
            I can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by Lyconia View Post
              Isnt all bubblewrap addictive

Originally posted by vatazes View Post
              QH is still evil, but the good kind of evil. Thankfully the kids haven't discoveredt that link yet, and that they have thier own, seperate desktops on this computer .

Ok, I may actually have to go back into the world of fic writing now. I went away from it becasue of time and RL. But thanks to watching Spoils of War tonight, well, I have too. What caused it was the scene with Lorne and Teyla on the hive ship. When he's telling her about his sis and her kids. Well, when he told her "Nobody ever is – at least not with the first one. But you get through it." I got a plot bunny. Maybe this was discussed before, but with all the pics of Lorne hanging around its easy to get distracted. Anywho, he sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about, and not just from the second hand POV he got by watching his sister. Am I reaching here or am I not alone???

And yes, I'll be writing it, just don't know when I'll be getting it done with everything else screaming at me .
              Someone wrote a two chapter story on ff.net about Lorne's sis and her kids and it was really good, but I can't remember who for the life of me.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Anywho, he sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about, and not just from the second hand POV he got by watching his sister. Am I reaching here or am I not alone???
                Let's say... it's not completely far-fetched and it's possible to interpret it in this direction (or like literature lecturers like to say: "It's in the text!"). I'm actually curious to see in which direction this idea will develop.
                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                I will never accept defeat.
                I will never quit.
                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                ------
                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                  Let's say... it's not completely far-fetched and it's possible to interpret it in this direction (or like literature lecturers like to say: "It's in the text!"). I'm actually curious to see in which direction this idea will develop.
                  Me too. I've already gotten several notes jotted down and started a character bible... I really need to get the dishes done, but this is calling out to me ! I haven't had a plot bunny hit me this hard in years!

sig by DG .
                  I can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                    Jonas OT:
                    Spoiler:

I liked Jonas. He had a hard job following Daniel and did it well.

Yup!

I've no idea what you mean .........

Oh....not me, but funny you should ask that. I've only read a couple or three but one was with Captain Jack of Torchwood and all I could think of when I was reading was .......
                    Spoiler:

Nooooo. he did what? and that ? Really! Is that possible?Noooo eeeeew! I've had a very sheltered life

And I've no idea where I read it as it was a while ago.
                    I think it's a genre that you generally either like or you don't. I'd never read any until I was given some links from the Shex thread, and it's mostly what I read. The partner has to be someone that I find attractive, though not necessarily thunk.... cos that's a grand total of 2!!
                    Spoiler:
                    The 1st one I was given was pretty full on, and I was shocked I have to say!!! In terms of is that possible, I'd now say anything is possible! lol. I do like them to have story though. There are plenty of PWP out there, some I've read but like I said I like story too

Not too keen on x-overs, though I have read some SG1 x-overs which is fine!

Edit: Been sent some links, but happy to have more!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post

Someone wrote a two chapter story on ff.net about Lorne's sis and her kids and it was really good, but I can't remember who for the life of me.
                      I think I know which one you're talking about. Wasn't it at first about his sister finding his sketch pad after one of his visits? It was a very touching fic.

sig by DG .
                      I can be found here:

Comment

I think I know which one you're talking about. Wasn't it at first about his sister finding his sketch pad after one of his visits? It was a very touching fic.
                        yeah, that's it. the first chapter was her finding the sketch pad and the second chapter was his POV about that.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Me too. I've already gotten several notes jotted down and started a character bible... I really need to get the dishes done, but this is calling out to me ! I haven't had a plot bunny hit me this hard in years!
                          I know this feeling all too well... I had driving practise today and my instructor started to tell me about this novel idea he has (why do people always tell me these things when I mention that I minored in literature?) and after the first two or three sentences he said about that I already got hit by plot bunnies... while driving. Argh.

I once posted the link in this thread. It's somewhere on LJ, and I simply can't find it again... oh wait, maybe you can find it on major_lornefans!
                          I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                          ------

Comment

I know this feeling all too well... I had driving practise today and my instructor started to tell me about this novel idea he has (why do people always tell me these things when I mention that I minored in literature?) and after the first two or three sentences he said about that I already got hit by plot bunnies... while driving. Argh.
                            Ah, I remember those days well. Didn't matter what I was doing and BAM! Darn the plot bunnies, even if they are cute and cuddly.

I once posted the link in this thread. It's somewhere on LJ, and I simply can't find it again... oh wait, maybe you can find it on major_lornefans!
                            Found them! Part one and Part two Thanks Rowena!

sig by DG .
                            I can be found here:

Comment

Ah, I remember those days well. Didn't matter what I was doing and BAM! Darn the plot bunnies, even if they are cute and cuddly.
                              Usually, though, they are monstrous and scary Or small, wicked and come in large numbers. Like tribbles!

Found them! Part one and Part two Thanks Rowena!
                              You're welcome
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                              ------

Comment

Usually, though, they are monstrous and scary Or small, wicked and come in large numbers. Like tribbles!
                                Yeah, that explains it a lot better .

sig by DG .
                                I can be found here:

Comment

Working...
                                X