Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
    I cringe everytime I get interviewed and see the results (I especially hated the interview for extraDRY they did a few years back... why couldn't they just interview the boss and be done with it?)
    They never do. And when they finally do interview the boss, you wish they hadn't, because what he tells them is such a load of crap and you just know you will have to live with the fall-out. Much better if they had asked you - only then they don't.

Life is so unfair - it's just fairer than death, that's all.

Kethry
    sigpic
    I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
      *ROTFLMAO*

Poor Lizzie! Come, have a hug from me! {{{Lizzie}}}

But that's the beauty with fantasy men - they can be all we want them to be. It's just that Kavan, the man, is no fantasy guy. He's real, warts and all.

Still, I think I'd take him. But that's just me, I like challenges.

Kethry
      Hugs you back

Yeah ....pity about the warts and all. *sighs* but I wouldn't kick him out of bed either
      sigpic

Comment

They never do. And when they finally do interview the boss, you wish they hadn't, because what he tells them is such a load of crap and you just know you will have to live with the fall-out.
        Nope, I don't mind the boss being interviewed. She's a grown woman and responsible of her own stuff. Whatever she chooses to answer, it's her choice. That's her prerogative as my boss. I don't have anything to do with whatever she answers. That's my prerogative as her employee

Life is so unfair - it's just fairer than death, that's all.
        "Princess Bride"
        I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
        I will never accept defeat.
        I will never quit.
        I will never leave a fallen comrade.
        ------
        "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

BTW, did you catch how much Kavan missed his wife and kid? At least that's how I interpreted it.

He seemed to be very disappointed that they couldn't come join him.

...and the interviewer was so nervous she mixed up her years, Kavan's kid is 15 months so there is no way he was born this year. Still, 14 hours with a 15 month-old who freaks out at travelling is nothing I'd wish on anyone.

David Hewlett had his family with him, so I guess Kavan was hoping for the same, it just didn't work out. Pity for him. Especially if the con was paying for it and they could have had a nice vacation in between cons as the Hewletts did.

Kethry
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
            Nope, I don't mind the boss being interviewed. She's a grown woman and responsible of her own stuff. Whatever she chooses to answer, it's her choice. That's her prerogative as my boss. I don't have anything to do with whatever she answers. That's my prerogative as her employee
            Lucky you, unfortunately, my boss tends to tell people stuff without knowing the facts and I usually get the "pleasure" of smoothing the waves. Wish I could gag him sometimes. Men!

"Princess Bride"

Lovely movie, isn't it.

Kethry
            sigpic

Comment

Lovely movie, isn't it.
              Actually, I was talking about the book. For some reason, I always automatically assume people mean the book, even though I saw the movie before I read the book. No idea why that is...

Come to think of it... I've been lacking the "Princess Bride" allusions in my fics lately... definitely have to improve on that
              I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
              ------

Comment

Wish I could gag him sometimes. Men!
                Oi! I resemble that remark!!

Comment

That doesn't make it any less true *smirk
                  I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                  ------

Comment

Okay folks, back to what this thread is for ...

sigpic
                    KavanSmithFans.com
                    Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      Hugs you back

Yeah ....pity about the warts and all. *sighs* but I wouldn't kick him out of bed either

Most certainly not.

The thing is, I adore characters like Lorne or Flynn or Joe because of what I see on screen and because of what I imagine around them - I live a rich fantasy life - and if I had more time I'd try my hand again at writing fanfic or if I had more guts I'd try out for writing professionally. TV tie-ins as a nice start.

But the more I learn about Kavan, the more I like him. I have no idea if he leaves his socks lying around or squeezes the tooth paste tube the wrong way, but I like his sense of humour and his obvious dedication to his family. If I don't totally mis-read him, I certainly wouldn't mind calling him my friend. Never gonna happen, but still, I'm quite happy that I seem to have fallen for a guy who's not only a talented, extremely good-looking actor who plays characters I can love, but who also seems to be "my" kind of guy. Too often there is a big discrepancy between the actor and the actual person, but there seems to be a lot of Kavan in Lorne, for example, and I like that. I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed.

At some time in the future I'd like to see what he does with a character I hate. Just to see the kind of actor he is.

Kethry
                      sigpic

Comment

Most certainly not.

The thing is, I adore characters like Lorne or Flynn or Joe because of what I see on screen and because of what I imagine around them - I live a rich fantasy life - and if I had more time I'd try my hand again at writing fanfic or if I had more guts I'd try out for writing professionally. TV tie-ins as a nice start.

But the more I learn about Kavan, the more I like him. I have no idea if he leaves his socks lying around or squeezes the tooth paste tube the wrong way, but I like his sense of humour and his obvious dedication to his family. If I don't totally mis-read him, I certainly wouldn't mind calling him my friend. Never gonna happen, but still, I'm quite happy that I seem to have fallen for a guy who's not only a talented, extremely good-looking actor who plays characters I can love, but who also seems to be "my" kind of guy. Too often there is a big discrepancy between the actor and the actual person, but there seems to be a lot of Kavan in Lorne, for example, and I like that. I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed.

At some time in the future I'd like to see what he does with a character I hate. Just to see the kind of actor he is.

Kethry
                        That would be interesting seeing him play a character which is generally hated. Must say I'm looking forward to seeing him again in Sanctuary. I like him in that......at the moment

So with Joe in my head I'm off to bed.

Night all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nici View Post
                          Okay folks, back to what this thread is for ...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1.../WS-06-005.jpg
                          Ooops..sorry.

I have something to atone...

another one of the lovely pics qksilver99 took at CH.

Oh, and Atlantean...I didn't mean you, of course. You're one of us...not one of the MEN!-men. You're one of the good guys.

And on that happy thought, I think I'll go to bed before I put my foot in anymore. Night all.

Kethry
                          sigpic

Comment

Ooops..sorry.

[IMG]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn24/kethryveris/IMG_1498-1.jpg[/IMG

Oh, and Atlantean...I didn't mean you, of course. You're one of us...not one of the MEN!-men. You're one of the good guys.

And on that happy thought, I think I'll go to bed before I put my foot in anymore. Night all.

Kethry
                            Thanks!! You almost made me cry for a second!

Night Kethery!! Night Lizzie!!

Comment

*sighs* another lovely pic as usual.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ooops..sorry.

Kethry
                                Oooh. This pic is a nice one. The minute you look at it, you go right for the eyes.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X