Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
    Is anyone else been driven mad by this site at the moment. You're on for 5 minutes and then get frozen out just as you try to post something. I’m now typing anything with more than one sentence in ‘word’ and cutting and pasting it in to try and beat it.

Just had a thought about him showing his tat. He may not want it closely looked at but I don't think he's that bothered.
    He's already done it.

They look as if they have covered it up in his character in Blade

and this one where he was the Smallville bad boy tattooist with tattoos. He kind of made a feature out of it.

I can think of lots of ways to have a shirtless Lorne without him showing his tat.
    He could get shot in the arm. Yes there would be blood and bandages.. See... easy.

Has anyone heard of Kavan doing another show?
    Quote from the 4400 guide:
    [I]Kavan Smith (Agent Jed Garrity of The 4400) will star in a new TV drama series called Room At The End of The Hall, which is slated for release sometime this year. A few months ago when this was first reported, I had high hopes of seeing it sooner than later, but that was before the Writer’s Strike. Here’s hoping things get back on track soon.

Kavan will star with Sara Rue (Two And A Half Men, Nurses), Amber Borycki (The L Word, Aliens In America), and Christine Danielle (Aliens In America, In The Land Of Women). The series was written by Nora Zuckerman, and George Mendeluk is the director. Because the project is still in production, there are not a lot of details about the plot, but it will be nice to see more of Kavan in this type of role.
    Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
    Gah, YES! Although, I've been somewhat lucky because I didn't lose any text... yet. But I have to keep reloading and reloading and reloading...

You're a genius! I'd green you, if I could.

Hng. Would be good for him, but it would mean less screentime for Lorne, right?
    I hope it wouldn't affect his screen time we already see so little of him

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
    I read about his new project a while back on Kavan's imdb.com page. And yes, I'm not afraid to admit that I visit his page very FREQUENTLY! Although I haven't read about his new work recently. But from what I do remember reading, Room At The End of The Hall sounds like it should be interesting.

And going back to first noticing Kavan, I clearly remember seeing him in Enemy Mine back in season 7 but he really didn't click with me until Runner. Plus I'm in the same boat as everyone else. His banter with McKay was hilarious! Of course I can't say that I blame him. If I'd have to put up with someone as annoying as McKay I'd want to shoot them too!
    I've been so frustrated its not even FUNNY, today. I have a post for the Taking over the Universe thread but I don't dare post it because I have been losing so much today. So I'll wait till its acting all nicey nice.

Yes, that'd be the GENIUS way to do it! So who shoots him?

I too spend a lot of time on Kavan's IMdB profile *blushes* I've been slowly tracking down his body of work, and checking it off. I actually printed out a copy of his 'resume' so that I didn't have to keep waking the poor laptop up everytime I want to check something. To me though "The room at the End of the hall" looks more like a made for TV movie type thing.
    Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
      I hope it wouldn't affect his screen time we already see so little of him
      Ye-es! Way too little! I've been all over my place today searching my Season-2-DVDs, and I just can't find them!

I've been so frustrated its not even FUNNY, today.
      You know, I'm tempted to say that this is something bigger... like they secretely activated that CERN-thingy or something... sites that have been acting funny today: ff.net, facebook, last.fm, LEO (German-English translation site... I'd be doomed without them), StudiVZ (German version of facebook), miscellaneous video portals... something happened, I'm almost sure of it *making up conspiracy theories

BTW, I didn't say that yet, but I loved JM's answer to your question... I think I will use it in some future fanfiction... oh, speaking of which: I'm almost about to continue the stories I recently posted... and continue them with Lorne/Cadman instead of Beckett/Cadman (although it kinda makes me feel like a traitor...). Anyone interested?
      I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
      I will never accept defeat.
      I will never quit.
      I will never leave a fallen comrade.
      ------
      "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Ye-es! Way too little! I've been all over my place today searching my Season-2-DVDs, and I just can't find them!

You know, I'm tempted to say that this is something bigger... like they secretely activated that CERN-thingy or something... sites that have been acting funny today: ff.net, facebook, last.fm, LEO (German-English translation site... I'd be doomed without them), StudiVZ (German version of facebook), miscellaneous video portals... something happened, I'm almost sure of it *making up conspiracy theories

BTW, I didn't say that yet, but I loved JM's answer to your question... I think I will use it in some future fanfiction... oh, speaking of which: I'm almost about to continue the stories I recently posted... and continue them with Lorne/Cadman instead of Beckett/Cadman (although it kinda makes me feel like a traitor...). Anyone interested?
        I'm always ready for good Lorne fanfic. Bring it on!!

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
          In case you didn't see it Joe M answered my question about our dear Major's Degree.

Honestly I didn't even realize there was such a thing as a BA in Gardening

The Political Science angle is intriguing however and would make sense as a lot of military type people seem to end up going into politics at some point later in life. Evan Lorne for President anybody?!
          You gotta wonder sometimes about JM. Good Grief. I can see Lorne having a Political Science degree though. That would make sense. A History degree would make sense as well.

My sister had a friend in the air force a few years ago and from what she said, if you want to move up the ranks, you really need a masters degree.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
            I'm always ready for good Lorne fanfic. Bring it on!!
            *cracks fingers

Alright... I have this really... Oh crap. It's already 2.45 (in the morning) over here. Errr... I guess that story has to wait for a few hours then...
            I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
            ------

Comment

*cracks fingers

Alright... I have this really... Oh crap. It's already 2.45 (in the morning) over here. Errr... I guess that story has to wait for a few hours then...
              It's 2:45 am there? You better get some shut eye then. Have some nice Lorne dreams!

Comment

Yep, I'm a night owl... but I better go to bed now, as my alarm clock will go off in about 5 1/2 hours Good night.
                I'm a 60%er.

I will never quit.
                ------

Comment

sigpic
                  Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                  My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Ohhhh butt shot!!!

Comment

*cracks fingers

Yep, I'm a night owl... but I better go to bed now, as my alarm clock will go off in about 5 1/2 hours Good night.
                      ONLY 2:45??? *raises eyebrow* really?! Sheesh! that is an 'early' night for me. Normally I end up staying up until 4 or 5 am and then going to bed, and getting back up at 7am. Gee, I wonder why I need so much Caffiene during the day.
                      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, my first Kavan moment…hard to say for me. I’d seen him in Escape from Mars & Mission to Mars, Stark Raving Mad, several Lifetime films and several SciFi shows before I realized ‘Dude its all the same guy!!’ *laughs* I remember him catching my eye in “Enemy Mine” but the real “connection” moment for me was “Runner”

Also, I wanted to offer this little banner I made today, after someone’s comment on Kavan’s “Supernatural” performance:

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                        Has anyone heard of Kavan doing another show?
                        Quote from the 4400 guide:
                        Kavan Smith (Agent Jed Garrity of The 4400) will star in a new TV drama series called Room At The End of The Hall, which is slated for release sometime this year. A few months ago when this was first reported, I had high hopes of seeing it sooner than later, but that was before the Writer’s Strike. Here’s hoping things get back on track soon.

Kavan will star with Sara Rue (Two And A Half Men, Nurses), Amber Borycki (The L Word, Aliens In America), and Christine Danielle (Aliens In America, In The Land Of Women). The series was written by Nora Zuckerman, and George Mendeluk is the director. Because the project is still in production, there are not a lot of details about the plot, but it will be nice to see more of Kavan in this type of role.

Link:
                        http://www.the4400guide.com/2008/03/...lantis-stills/
                        I hadn’t heard this was a show, it appeared to me more like a TV movie. At IMDb (yes I lurk there too!) it’s listed as “post-production” not “in production”

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                          Hmmm, my first Kavan moment…hard to say for me. I’d seen him in Escape from Mars & Mission to Mars, Stark Raving Mad, several Lifetime films and several SciFi shows before I realized ‘Dude its all the same guy!!’ *laughs* I remember him catching my eye in “Enemy Mine” but the real “connection” moment for me was “Runner”

Also, I wanted to offer this little banner I made today, after someone’s comment on Kavan’s “Supernatural” performance:

I hadn’t heard this was a show, it appeared to me more like a TV movie. At IMDb (yes I lurk there too!) it’s listed as “post-production” not “in production”
                          Gotta love the lightbulb moment, hunh?

I LOVE the banner, can I snurch it? Please?

Yeah, I agree I think its a TV movie, not a series. I'll be curious to see which it is. I must say now that "The 4400" is cancelled, that maybe *crosses fingers* we will see more of Lorne on SGA.
                          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                          sigpic

Comment

have a good nite everyone... this one is gonna do the sleepy thing now
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Love your Kavan siggys, Cathain and Kali. Yummy!

My first Lorne moment was Runner, though I had seen Enemy Mine, just didn't really click till Runner.

sigpic
                                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Working...
                                X