No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anybody here who feels like playing beta for a Lorne fic? It's a one-shot and not that long, about 1926 words. It's not so much grammar and spelling I need evaluated (though that's nice too) as is he in character, does it makes sense, word choice, etc. etc.

I so rarely write fanfic, and when I do, it sits on my computer for YEARS. I go over it every couple of months so that it's fresh again until I get it right. I'm terrified of sharing my fic when it's not JUST right. So, anybody want to lend an honest, criticizing ear? I've never written any Stargate stuff before...

It's meant to be Lorne and his team (who are based on names from "Runner" and my imagination) at an off-world fesival.

-twists hands nervously-

Sig. courtesy of the phenomenal Shelbel!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratbaby07 View Post
      Is there anybody here who feels like playing beta for a Lorne fic? It's a one-shot and not that long, about 1926 words. It's not so much grammar and spelling I need evaluated (though that's nice too) as is he in character, does it makes sense, word choice, etc. etc.

I so rarely write fanfic, and when I do, it sits on my computer for YEARS. I go over it every couple of months so that it's fresh again until I get it right. I'm terrified of sharing my fic when it's not JUST right. So, anybody want to lend an honest, criticizing ear? I've never written any Stargate stuff before...

It's meant to be Lorne and his team (who are based on names from "Runner" and my imagination) at an off-world fesival.

-twists hands nervously-
      I'll offer as long as you know that I have a class tomorrow and an all day class on Sat - but if that's cool I'm up for it

Also anyone who's gotten to download the interview, can you please put it up on like, Megaupload or something? My computer won't download the interview *cries*

Comment

Cathain, I'll be downloading it tomorrow, my connection is going to slow to do it tonight, but I'll see if I can't convert it over to a format that I can upload someplace

Ratbaby, I can read it for ya right know if you want!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
          I'll offer as long as you know that I have a class tomorrow and an all day class on Sat - but if that's cool I'm up for it
          That'd be great! I'm in no hurry.

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

Ratbaby, I can read it for ya right know if you want!

I'll send it to you both. The more input, the better. Frankly I think it's terrible, but I can't bring myself to just chuck it. So any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Hmm, now how the heck do I get it to you? Is it ok if I email it via the addresses in you guys' profiles?

Sig. courtesy of the phenomenal Shelbel!

Comment

Found the SGA boyfriend quiz
            http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=31087N

I'm practically tied between Lorne and Beckett (though Lorne sneaked out on top by a few points) *can go to bed happy now*

Just listened to that interview, oh man he cracks me up, lol, the penicillin, hehehe, I'll never be able to watch the 4400 now without thinking about that

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I got Carson as my Stargate boyfriend. I tried a few other times for fun, and got Ronon and Rodney! lol

Edit: I listened to the Kavan interview and really enjoyed that! Thanks for posting the link!

Last edited by Stargate78fan; 08 February 2008, 03:09 AM.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
              My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Found the SGA boyfriend quiz
                http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=31087N

I'm practically tied between Lorne and Beckett (though Lorne sneaked out on top by a few points) *can go to bed happy now*

Just listened to that interview, oh man he cracks me up, lol, the penicillin, hehehe, I'll never be able to watch the 4400 now without thinking about that
                I got Lorne, at 67% not far behind, Zelenka with 58%
                Did a second time to see what i got, I got steve the wraith!!! Something must have gone wrong somewhere in my line of thinking!!
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratbaby07 View Post
                  -giggle- I just listened to it, that was great! It's the first time I've heard Kavan AS Kavan!
                  Kavan *as* Kavan is hilarious. You should read Alipeeps' con report on Pegasus 3 about Kavan's talks. They were brilliant. She only has the first one up at the moment though.
                  Last edited by firefly827347; 08 February 2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Who would your Stargate: Atlantis boyfriend be?
                    You scored as a Carson Beckett

Carson Beckett 92%
                    John Sheppard 58%
                    Rodney McKay 50%
                    Maijor Lorne 50%
                    Radek Zelenka 50%
                    Ronon Dex 42%
                    Steve the Wraith 8%

Bah! i was aiming for joe but i suppose the Scott will suffice
                    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Here you go ma'dam http://www.dtrn.co.uk/ Just click on the little icon in the upper right hand corner and there you'll have it!

Oh, where is that quiz? I wanna take it now
                      Thanks for the link. Just listening now

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                      Did a second time to see what i got, I got steve the wraith!!! Something must have gone wrong somewhere in my line of thinking!!
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                        KavanSmithFans.com
                        Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nici View Post
                          http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/LorneLovers/Fan%20-%20Candid%20Kavan/Kavan-4.jpg
                          Cute pic Nici. His expression is so funny
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by melfan
                            I'm glad I'm to some amusement

To my horror
                            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                              I'm glad I'm to some amusement

To my horror
                              *hugs* im sorry its just the idea you could get Steve as an answer
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Penguin View Post
                                *hugs* im sorry its just the idea you could get Steve as an answer
                                I wonder if my subconcious is trying to tell me something?

had this dream the other night. It invovled Lorne
                                But ended way to quickly

Comment

Working...
                                X