No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lissa: Lorne, its not just us, look behind you!

Lorne:What! Zelenka, stop it!
    Zelenka: Reef told me to

Comment

even Zelenka can't resist!
      My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
      Sig and avi by me
      Spoiler:

Comment

Comment

morning thunkers
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Dunno about the rest of you, but for fic writing purposes I'm still kinda reluctant to surrender Marcus even though I now know his name is Evan. Could be other fic writers feel the same (whatever name they like). There's also a matter of when the fics were written (before or after the interview(s)) and consistency. If someone's written a series of five fics using the name Nick and suddenly finds out his name is actually Evan, what do you do? Go back and change all your fics and risk confusing casual readers? Simply switch to the new name and confuse people even more? Or just keep plugging away with the name people know and love, regardless of reality?

As for the het/slash stuff... I'm still anti everything. If Lorne pairs up with anyone I'd prefer it not to be someone we've seen before.

Can't say I've noticed a particularly high count for Lorne/Kavanagh fics (I haven't been looking), but I'd say it's popular for the same reason stuff like Sam/Thor is popular: some people like to find the most ridiculous, unlikely and/or flat-out impossible pairings they can imagine and run with it. We should probably be grateful that Lorne/Hermiod isn't the most popular... although I imagine that's partly because Novak/Hermiod is undoubtedly very popular.

Comment

Asguard? they can't even do "you know"

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                So is this like, Teyla/Lorne?
                Yes, but its been 4 months so i've kinda given up hope that somebody will take the challange

Comment

*hmmm what a view to wake up to.* hmmmm bum pron.. *CKO drools contently
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                    Asgard? they can't even do "you know"
                    You say that like it makes a difference. I haven't read any of Asgard shippy fics, but I imagine that they find a way around any... equipment issues.

Comment

sigpic
                      KavanSmithFans.com
                      Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

*lured* Mmmm *tries to resist neck* uh... not working *bares fangs, pounces, and nibbles contently*
                        sigpic

Comment

Great pics Nici!

Comment

Ooh, neck. *gently pushes CKO to the side and takes her place*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Dunno about the rest of you, but for fic writing purposes I'm still kinda reluctant to surrender Marcus even though I now know his name is Evan. Could be other fic writers feel the same (whatever name they like). There's also a matter of when the fics were written (before or after the interview(s)) and consistency. If someone's written a series of five fics using the name Nick and suddenly finds out his name is actually Evan, what do you do? Go back and change all your fics and risk confusing casual readers? Simply switch to the new name and confuse people even more? Or just keep plugging away with the name people know and love, regardless of reality?
                              I had that problem when I was working on an SGA fic, what i did was have a chapter where Carson say 'Evan' and have another character ask why he said that (because up until them the character had been calling Lorne Marc) and have Lorne give the explination that Marcus was his middle name and that due to a snafu in AF paperwork they put his middle name as his first and even though people knew about it they called him Marc but for some "reason" they started to call him Evan more.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
                                Ooh, neck. *gently pushes CKO to the side and takes her place*
                                HEY! i wasnt done yet *pouts*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X