Teyla Emmagan/Radek Zelenka Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla Emmagan/Radek Zelenka Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

I couldn't find a thread already started for this, which isn't too surprising since it's not an obvious ship. The two characters have barely been on screen together at all, yet I read this fanfic, By Association, and now find myself quite open to the idea of the ship, specifically hoping more people will write fanfic for it because I doubt it would happen on show and besides that it probably works best in well-written fic.

Anyone else think they'd give this ship a go? Anyone up for writing fanfiction for it even?
    Last edited by Purpleyin; 30 July 2005, 08:59 PM. Reason: title change

Funny you should mention this ship, as I've got an icon for it too!

I've had a couple of ideas in my head for fanfic concerning these two for a while now, ever since I found a couple screen caps with them in it; recently an idea for an Intruder missing scene.

Anyway, here's the icon!

I don't need no stinkin' sig...and yet I made one anyway...

Comment

Hello, I don't usually ship anyone except weir but I thought that the fic was kinda cute and I'd like to see more interaction between those two on the show. It is true that this is an interesting ship and it had never occured to me before.
      It could be interesting.

I had a small idea for a fic but its a little silly, something like SWAMA but instead itd be like Teyla jealous of Weir and Zelanka, something like that. maybe there could be a tag after intruder, i'd read that or something where Radeck is just cute.
      McKay: I'm invulnerable!
      Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
      McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
      My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Hey

ummmm...... Didnt see that one coming... bit out of the blue.....
        Can't see it myself! But it sounds like it could be an interesting a funny plot twist!!

XXXXX
        "Though a candle burns in my house theres nobody home" Jack O'Neill. Abyss

"Trust me, O'Neill" Teal'c
        "What if im not O'Neill?" Jack O'Neill
        "Then I was not talking to you!" Teal'c, The First Ones

Comment

I cant see this happening especially as Radek has the hots for Weir
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
            I cant see this happening especially as Radek has the hots for Weir
            You never know... Teyla could be the one to change his mind.

Interesting topic, btw. Loved the little interaction they had in "Intruder", and absolutely adored the fanfic!

Comment

I can certaintly see the Weir/Zelenka crush but I imagine that Teyla might actually pay attention to Radek. Rodney probably doesn't have time to explain things, Teyla might be curious and genuiely interested in scientific stuff and I could just see her going to Radek and him being pleased someone will listen to him.

There needs to be more fic for this ship. I nominated the one really good fic for this in the Isis awards, but I did see another one on wraithbait once that I can't track down. I'm pretty sure if was Radek/Teyla and not Rodney/Teyla, but I could be wrong - but it definitely had Teyla praying or something, to the ancestors, and his thoughts of that tradition and of belief. Was set around the Siege. I'd love to find it again, if only to see if it was what I thought it was but also because which ever ship its for it needs nominating.

Comment

Check out Sword Dance by SGAtlantisLight

Comment

This is an interesting idea. I love not-so-obvious pairings like this; they give a great character dynamic. Of course, Rodney/Teyla is my het OTP, but this one could work, too. I can easily see Radek and Teyla just sitting around talking about their different cultures vs. life on Atlantis. And it doesn't hurt that Zelenka(/Nykl) is quite attractive, if in an unconventional way.
                  They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                  Spoiler:
                  Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    I couldn't find a thread already started for this, which isn't too surprising since it's not an obvious ship. The two characters have barely been on screen together at all, yet I read this fanfic, By Association, and now find myself quite open to the idea of the ship, specifically hoping more people will write fanfic for it because I doubt it would happen on show and besides that it probably works best in well-written fic.

Anyone else think they'd give this ship a go? Anyone up for writing fanfiction for it even?
                    Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Thanks, when I saw this thread, I was hoping to find links to these fanfics. I read each fic some time ago and couldn't remember the links. Unfortunately, they're the only Teyla/Radek fics that I've seen. It would be nice to see more.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Nah I can't see this ship either

Comment

I like the idea of this ship myself...
                        Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
                        SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

This ship is quite cute but I'm already a sponsor to one similar...

Comment

Mmm. My favorite het ship even though I must admit to being a slasher at heart.

I thought I'd post links to a couple of Teyla/Radek fics I've found, in case others hadn't seen them.

Title: Different
                            Author: GumbieCat
                            Summary: She likes him different.
                            Wordcount: 1,700
                            PAIRING: Teyla/Zelenka

Different

(It's practically a Teyla/Zelenka manifesto, you should definitely check it out.)

Title: Night Swimming
                            Author: Frienshipper
                            Word count: about 7900
                            Season/spoilers: Late Season 2 or early season 3. Reference to 03x15 "The Game."
                            Summary: She was sunshine and shadow, lightning and sky; she was earth and deep water, roses and ice; she was the cold perfection of mathematics, and the mellow glory of cathedral bells on a December afternoon. She was all that he wanted, and all that he feared.

Night Swimming

This one is just lovely.

DragonLady
                            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

+ = LOVE ?

I have been pondering the Zelenka/Teyla realationship idea for a while.
                              What would Atlantis be like in these two characters declared their undying love for each other?

What is everyones ideas, cristisms of this? Any special on-screen moments these two have shared?

Happy Posting

P.s This is kinda a joke thread, I thought it would be fun to see what people thought of an unlikely realationship.

: )
                              SGA is cool.

Cancellation is not

Comment

Working...
                              X